Very good realism upgrade for ThirdWires overperforming F-104G FM. I don't mind ThirdWires "soft around the edges" FM's but the F-104G performance seemed very generous. Much better now. :flyer:

Expect that was done for the AI benefit.

Once the limits were in place it didn't take much tweaking to match it up on Hard mode with flight test data I have which probably shows that some effort went into it initially for SFP1.

Luckily the stall sound acts as a convenient stick shaker/kicker - however most of the limits have to be observed manually. I have limited top end speeds as per the Compressor Inlet Temps (as -1)

Having the newer FM code it can be recovered from a spin with altitude and have reduced the nose lift off a bit on takeoff. Although not a fan I prefer that for now than having to wrestle the thing off the ground due to lack of lift at the right places as with old code - you didn't have to do that with the real thing either. 

Edited by MigBuster

This is a very good stuff! Many thanks MigBuster... good.gif.pagespeed.ce.PoYRIVsMjL.gif

Luckily the stall sound acts as a convenient stick shaker/kicker - however most of the limits have to be observed manually. I have limited top end speeds as per the Compressor Inlet Temps (as -1)

Thats the way I think about it. The initial stall buffet is like the stick shacker and then if you pull a bit harder the nose starts to move up and down with a bigger amplitude. I think of that as overpowering the stick pusher. A little too much and "away you go!"

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Spinners

View File [Fictional] Dhimari F-104G Starfighter for SF1
      Lockheed F-104G Starfighter for STRIKE FIGHTERS 1
      This is a simple mod of the stock F-104G to give a Dhimari Starfighter with markings for;
      No.1 Squadron - 'The Panthers'
      No.9 Squadron - 'The Fennec Foxes'
      This mod is specifically meant for those versions of SF:P1 or SFG that have the F-104G LOD's so please do not attempt to use this in SF2 as it will reference the newer 3D model with built-in drop tanks.

INSTRUCTIONS
      1. Drop the F-104G_Dh folder into your Aircraft folder.
      That's it!

CREDITS
      As always, thanks to Third Wire for a great little game/sim.
      And, finally, thanks to everyone in the wider Third Wire community.
      Regards
      Spinners
      Version 2 - January 8th, 2024.
      Submitter Spinners Submitted 12/05/2009 Category F-104 Starfighter  
    • By Spinners
      Lockheed F-104G Starfighter for STRIKE FIGHTERS 1
      This is a simple mod of the stock F-104G to give a Dhimari Starfighter with markings for;
      No.1 Squadron - 'The Panthers'
      No.9 Squadron - 'The Fennec Foxes'
      This mod is specifically meant for those versions of SF:P1 or SFG that have the F-104G LOD's so please do not attempt to use this in SF2 as it will reference the newer 3D model with built-in drop tanks.

INSTRUCTIONS
      1. Drop the F-104G_Dh folder into your Aircraft folder.
      That's it!

CREDITS
      Regards
      Spinners
      Version 2 - January 8th, 2024.
    • By Spinners

View File [Fictional] Lockheed Starfighter F.3 for SF2
      Lockheed Starfighter F.3 for STRIKE FIGHTERS 2 
      This is a simple mod of the stock F-104G to create a fictional Starfighter F.3 in service with the Royal Air Force in the 1980-1991 timeline and it includes markings for No.29 Squadron and No.56 Squadron with 18 contemporary serial numbers shared between them.
      BACKSTORY
      Delays in the UK's Tornado ADV programme lead to the RAF upgrading 38 Lockheed Starfighter FGR.2's to a new F.3 standard featuring the uprated J79-GE-19 engine (developing 12,000lbs dry thrust and 17,900lbs with afterburner) and the improved NASARR R-21G/H radar with moving target indicator and continuous wave illuminator for the Skyflash semi-active radar homing missile. Entering service with No.29 Squadron in 1980 the Starfighter F.3's remained in service until 1991.

INSTRUCTIONS
      1. From the AIRCRAFT folder drag and drop the StarfighterF3 folder into your Aircraft folder.
      2. From the DECALS folder drag and drop the StarfighterF3 folder into your Decals folder.
      That's it!

CREDITS
      Regards 
      Spinners
      Version 1 - 21/03/2021
      Submitter Spinners Submitted 03/21/2021 Category What If Hangar  
    • By Spinners
      Lockheed Starfighter F.3 for STRIKE FIGHTERS 2 
      This is a simple mod of the stock F-104G to create a fictional Starfighter F.3 in service with the Royal Air Force in the 1980-1991 timeline and it includes markings for No.29 Squadron and No.56 Squadron with 18 contemporary serial numbers shared between them.
      BACKSTORY
      Delays in the UK's Tornado ADV programme lead to the RAF upgrading 38 Lockheed Starfighter FGR.2's to a new F.3 standard featuring the uprated J79-GE-19 engine (developing 12,000lbs dry thrust and 17,900lbs with afterburner) and the improved NASARR R-21G/H radar with moving target indicator and continuous wave illuminator for the Skyflash semi-active radar homing missile. Entering service with No.29 Squadron in 1980 the Starfighter F.3's remained in service until 1991.

INSTRUCTIONS
      1. From the AIRCRAFT folder drag and drop the StarfighterF3 folder into your Aircraft folder.
      2. From the DECALS folder drag and drop the StarfighterF3 folder into your Decals folder.
      That's it!

CREDITS
      Regards 
      Spinners
      Version 1 - 21/03/2021
    • By mue
      Currently I'm trying to reverse engineer the SF2 flight model.
      I stumbled over the stall tables.
      Does anyone know how the stall tables (StallLiftTable, StallDragTable and StallXacShiftTable) work?
      As an example here are the StallLiftTable and StallDragTable from the P-51D and F-4B inner wings:

I assume the abscissa is alpha and the ordinates are factors for some lift or drag coefficients. Correct?
      What are the lift and drag coefficients? CLmax for lift and StallDrag for drag?
      But the drag table looks odd. I would have assumed that at alpha = -90 degree and +90 degree the drag factor would have its maximum.
      When are these tables used? If alpha > AlphaDepart?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..