Guest minaunicorn

Its using what I think is a Gearing destroyer as the carrier deck,now the ship sails through me when I start a campaign mission and I can take off in the water?

Clearly the carrier is missing and I followed the install to the letter.

I will try that now thank you.

Its still trying to launch me from a DD Destroyer. I tried that file.

did you install the modified SCB-125 data ini, that backdates it to 1943?

edit:

this one has Kjakkers' mod with the working 5" in the '4 corners'

Edited by minaunicorn

quite simple ... you're missing the actual carrier itself. Or there's something very wrong the campaign ini?

in single missions, ARE the carriers turning up?

Do you actually HAVE the SCB-125 folder within you /GroundObjects folder?  Again, if you don't have SF2V you aren't going to have the Essex at all

Can you post a screenie of your GroundObject folder?

Guest minaunicorn

SCB-125 is i there but it only has 3 text/ini files no lods

Untitled.jpg

I have all of the games merged along with EXP 1 and 2.

minaunicorn,

did you use any files from the "Optional" folder from the download?

the text files and no lods is normal. Because it's a stock item (like the ****_3W Skyraiders), it references the LOD pulled from the cat files

this IS damned odd!

Guest minaunicorn

minaunicorn,

did you use any files from the "Optional" folder from the download?

No I did not . I also didnt see aything in that optional folder tat would modify the carriers/.

Guest minaunicorn

Thanks guys I fixed it. A reinstallation worked.

Mina

Edited by minaunicorn

OK sniped by Mina.

I still think it's the Optional files that confused things...  oughtta update the install instructions. Sorry gents.

Edited by Do335
  • Like 1

New discovery about hidden components and fake engines.

Just because a hitbox is not defined for these components and systems doesn't mean they don't have it. Apparently via testing they have hitbox 0,0,0 at the model's center position, so one shell hit will destroy them!...

What this means for hidden components: since the hidden node is defined as "DestroyedNodeName", with the slightest damage, the hidden node will show up again, as I've seen many times.. Solution: add a RemoveNode[001]=xxx to the component. i.e.

[Remove1]
ParentComponentName=RightOuterWing
ModelNodeName=
DestroyedNodeName=Radar <--
DetachWhenDestroyed=FALSE
HasAeroCoefficients=FALSE
DamageRating=DAMAGED
RemoveNode[001]=Radar<-- once this component is destroyed, the DestroyedNode "Radar" shows, but then is removed, so there's no visual anomaly.

What this means for fake engines. When damaged it will catch fire, which might result in fire effect coming out of unwanted locations; moreover a burning engine might result in disabled AI behavior and destroyed ac, which makes the ac extra vulnerable.

Solution: Engine is a system and therefore belongs to a component. Define a hitbox for the fake engine outside of the component hitbox it belongs to so it will never get hit, and preferably have the hitbox co-located with another fuel tank, so fire effect will be the same. Most preferably I reckon is to not use fake engines.

• Like 1

VERY interesting...

LOL :blink:

But yeh Wrench I think it is more important in Korea and ww2, as for missile era one missile hit is fatal anyway.

other than the Sabre, I don't recall any other birds that use the 'fake engine'. Which ones are they??

edit: Raz's Banshees use it for the 'spinning turbine blades'

uhmm... For Korea I got Sabre, Banshee, Mig-15, F-82 and B-29 (probably i got an early FM).

B-29's can be deleted as they're just there to emit exhaust. The rest I reckon to keep them, if incorporated into main engine I fear it'd affect AI behavior... having an AB without the extra thrust and all.

new B-29s for KAW will be releases VERY soon ... maybe even today

new B-29s for KAW will be releases VERY soon ... maybe even today

Nice one Wrenchmeister:p

And hey Stary what's happening to these... WIP? (assume Starfire and Tigercat cockpits, and assume it doesn't hurt to ask :angel: )

those I do have to find time to finish... busy with RL work now (our game we've been working on is coming very very soon now so all the time is directed towards last time additions and testings) so have had to postpone even the almost finished SF2 stuff. To evaluate more -the Tigercat variants are mostly complete sans small cockpit ini updates/tweaks, the Starfire one is say "OK" as a beta I think but is a bit of a mess inis wise, hope that helps. The terrain repaint I'm cooking is so-so; right now already nice to have but still miles away from the total overhaul that I want it to be

• Like 3

those I do have to find time to finish... busy with RL work now (our game we've been working on is coming very very soon now so all the time is directed towards last time additions and testings) so have had to postpone even the almost finished SF2 stuff. To evaluate more -the Tigercat variants are mostly complete sans small cockpit ini updates/tweaks, the Starfire one is say "OK" as a beta I think but is a bit of a mess inis wise, hope that helps. The terrain repaint I'm cooking is so-so; right now already nice to have but still miles away from the total overhaul that I want it to be

Hi Stary! That would be super, you've done a lot for SF and I think anything more is a blessing. (But I don't think DCS is the next big thing... --->runs and hides:p)

Actually also suffering a little short time burn out after making and testing 2 campaigns. Gonna be back after a short bit.

Still have to do campaigns: Breakout to the Yalu; Chinese Intervention; Spring offensive; Stalemate 51-52. (North Korea Attacks and Stalemate 52-53 is done...); Seafury Data tune up; Glory CVL Data tune up; and campaign UI art.

Edited by Do335
  • Like 2

Tweaked data for B-29, Seafury and Firefly.

The Seafury was already top notch by Baffmeister, so nothing major but just to bring it to KAW standards. Also added dual rocket loadouts per pics found on the net.

Added dual rocket load to Firefly.

The B-29 is a nail biter as the FM is so old, the engine power was even set twice as the real life value I guess just to compensate. I brought it back to the normal 2200hp and increased CLa on the main wings 20%, moved the Xac forward (the original had main wing Xac aft of CG, dunno the author's thinking on this) which helped keeping nose level. Various other tweaks, aero on the stabs and flaps, engine data, stall/landing speed, bombing settings, damage model, loadouts. It's still not perfect but until a guru makes it a new FM, AI should be able to handle it and hit targets.

th_img00317_zps3erywcuo.jpg

th_img00316_zpsd7iwmt3a.jpg

• Like 2

we desperately NEED a new Firefly ... that one of Simon's is quite dated. With folding wings a must! (for deck parking, doncha know!)

• Like 1

And a revised F-82G FM, as the original is slow, unable to sustain level flight at 30,000 ft and has a very sluggish pitch. Since it is after all still a mustang, I mixed in and adjusted P-51's aero on the wings, stabs and elevators. Did away with the fake engines and added WEP to the main engines instead. Edited aero on the flaps. Also changed AI ground attack params per usual.

It is some 20kts faster than the P-51, so seems OK I reckon. The AI can finally land gracefully now.

At last, getting around to campaign building........

I can't wait for WOK.

A playground for SPADS and F4Us

CL

Apparently carrier squadrons in naval campaigns are unable to retire. <inserting 200 swear words>

So the full length camp should be using carrier tours. The sub campaigns would need sorting of air units.

• Like 1

Hello, :bye:

This topic about KAW is very interesting!

So I'm testing 'something' to give a cockpit to the F-84G Thunderjet with its specific canopy...

I started from the TW F-100A cockpit and I've 'mixed' it with the external model.

Even if several years ago I saw a screenshot (I don't remember exactly... :grandpa: ) of an all new 'pit' for this famous KAM fighter!

Edit: here last 25th March Stary spoke about the F-84 cockpit project created by Brain  :oops: 

My little stuff and thanks a lot @ mue for your very useful LOD view tool!

post-21538-0-30914000-1436093098.jpg

post-21538-0-67386700-1436093114.jpg

post-21538-0-79678900-1436093121.jpg

Edited by Coupi
  • Like 4

Interesting idea Coupi! I'm liking the TW F100 pit a lot.