Sign in to follow this  
russouk2004

Animated afterburner flames

anyone ever tried making some?...

found a way to make them,but getting it as a part of the model is possible,but having the animation work constant is an obstacle,I was toying with making the flame mesh\anim as a gun to test,ie,it constantly fires ( so the animation is ON...)

check this link...

which gave me the idea...basically to simulate heat blur...

Edited by russouk2004
  • Like 2

It is funny that you posted this - I was also thinking about this just last night, after viewing a photo of a real fighter in flight from above - and the heat blur that was so visible behind the aircraft (not so much the A/B cone). Easily done in Photoshop to a screenshot, but would be interesting to see in-game.

Could it be linked to the Jet nozzle animations?

Could it be linked to the Jet nozzle animations?

Thats what I was thinking when looking into it....been playing with a\b in max theres various routes to try

what about the emmitters? wouldn't it need it's on "flame ini", or something like that?

if what im thinking of kev, works we wont need them  maybe settings for intensity,length etc

not gonna say much yet but...

light can be controlled by self illumination for the Glow etc...

small reflective polys set opaque will reflect surroundings as they move....simulating blur from heat...if opacity set right it should look ok

Edited by russouk2004

You already saw what the guys from BANIDOS TEAM did with their latest models(specifically JF-17 and T-50 models)?
Torno Melo was able to reproduce the fire effect in the exhaust chamber and even the Shock diamonds effect (non released yet T-50 model).

ALEDUCAT think the effect of burner after several years in this model, is nothing new just was experiencing, also the effects of vortices on the fuselage and the elastic wheel undercarriage, tube withdraw the effect of vortices because they made very heavy on polygons to model.

• Like 1