This´s realy awesome! It makes me wonder if any could make an Iwo Jima island, with all of its airstrips and proper terrain properties without interferes on Japanese mainland ones. A volcanic island, flat and with a single montain - the Mount Suribachi.

two words:

scaling issues

Eric J,

Roger on the long legs. I will have to build some refeuling routes along the way.

Santo Christo (initial work) two shots on approach

Oblique shot

post-5732-0-10874000-1433248548_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Well if anything I can drop a carrier and fly from that.... Good to hear though....

EricJ et al,

I have some (9) carrier stations (India Station, Java, Station, Celebes Station, Yankee Station [Yeah I know, Vietnam] Raider Station, Tiger Station, West Java Station, SOUTHPAC Station 51.1, and WestPAC Station built into this terrain. Was although thinking about some aerial racetracks for, "air to air" refueling. I know its not possible but for immersion thought it would be good.

As you mentioned definitely long hauls. F-111 and "other Heavies" operating from Australia will have long flight times. Indonesia will host US Tactical Forces (i.e. UH-1s, UH-60s, T-6 COIN birds, etc., Philippines will have lites and heavies to protect the islands. Chinese wont get off easy either as they will operate from their homeland and some proxy areas. Vietnamese may get into this as well but I am thinking on a limited scale.

As I've mentioned, I've a lot to do and will coninue to provide updates for all.

Edited by krfrge

EricJ,

I wont call this a LORAN station,,,,

post-5732-0-25058700-1433333901_thumb.jpg

Supplies arrive

post-5732-0-77060700-1433333921_thumb.jpg

Freedom of movemet

post-5732-0-40203700-1433333929_thumb.jpg

Lol it's nice anyway, it's been so long that I've had to refuel that you can refuel on the ground right?

unforuntately, no

=======

I like that cross-island runway!!

Meh thanks man, been too long fo sho.

hey, krfrge, you want a PRC 'tramp steamer'?  Take me about 5 minutes to make one....

That oiler seems a bit big, and quite a tempting target

Wrench,

Wow! Yeah that would be awesome.

Thanks for the compliment on the cross-island runway.

I can actually give you 2:

one normal cargo ship ground object, that will show in Auntie Ship missions (and shoots back), with smoke from the stack

and a static terrain object docked version that just sits there (waiting to be blown up!)

both can be used as docked ships, of course. They're mods of Stephan1918s FE versions (as seen on my ww2 terrains)

Wrench,

Many thanks...the Chinese arrive at Discovery Reef!

post-5732-0-23784200-1433512185_thumb.jpg

Whaaaa,,, there really here!!!

post-5732-0-19437800-1433512186_thumb.jpg

post-5732-0-09297400-1433512187_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Passau Keaf and Vuladdore Reef

post-5732-0-22849100-1433548593_thumb.jpg

post-5732-0-24447700-1433548594_thumb.jpg

post-5732-0-08456300-1433548595_thumb.jpg

post-5732-0-01413300-1433548596_thumb.jpg

The work continues

• Like 2

Boustead Heavy Industries

(Trying to see if it is possible to create a drydock)

post-5732-0-03788000-1433594353_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

yes, it's very possible.

look to the "special" tile I used for St. Nazaire on the EAW WW2 map

or, one can be built using various objects (fences, blast shields, etc) in a "regular" port tile (in theory, one can even have it drained, with the concrete base showing; you just wouldn't/can't have the depth below ground level without a specificly created 3d object)

Wrench,

Thanks for the info. I think I will have to stick with creating the illusion of the drydock via adding ground objects.

Starting the slow process of Strike evolutions... practicing yesterday LGB, JDAM, and Mav shooting.

post-5735-0-89886500-1433786499_thumb.jpg

Edited by EricJ
  • Like 2

EricJ,

Initial development of a sea bombing range.

Needs additional targets and foilage

post-5732-0-98185000-1433852592_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Kewl man...

Absolutely awesone. I can see Palawan in your map. That long island that looks like an arrm has several airports that can be used (and i'm sure the local government wont mind) by NATO. 

that all depends on the scale of the height field ... I had the same problem for the WW2 PI version. Adding Puerto Princessa wasn't a big issue, but adding the others might be.

given the fact that when you flatten the airfield zone, it's 5-6km in radius, has a real tendency to foul up the local hills and valleys big time. As can be seen on the chart, lots of small fields, but many are very close to mountains, making it a risky proposition.

I just wish the TE had a better way of doing it!

I'm very much looking forward to this terrain.

Need more Chines warships.

They're on the way. I hope to get around to building the rest of the modern PLAN destroyers before the end of the year.

• Like 3

Me too.. I used to fly EF2000 way back in the day and loved long duration strike missions... so I'm really keen on this one.

All,

To echo Wrench, this terrain is a challenge is some respects. While I want to be as accurate as possible with regards to airfields, cities and other locations, some airfields are extremely difficult to "fit" into the terrain. In some cases I have no choice but to reposition to "make it work". Additionally, I have created some fictional areas (islands) to add to the enjoyment.

One concern is the targets, which have now crested 21K and are climbing.

Saisran Puerto Princessa has been modified for you. I think your friends at SEATO will favroably consider stationing of Coalitin Forces. Work to do in this area as to improvements.

To all thanks for your contiuned support.

Krfrge

post-5732-0-60158300-1436784225_thumb.jpg

Edited by krfrge
  • Like 3

21K targets?

"We're going to need a bigger map"

Seriously that's good man, lots of things to do....

• Like 1