Hello all.

I'm having a problem with my own AAA guns at friendly bases attacking my aircraft and my wing men. The first mission goes well but on mission two and so on, the base air defense guns fire on the formation and me while on the ground trying to take off. Anyone seen this before.

Normally means they have been taken over by the enemy - what type of guns are firing at you?

I have this problem with Gepard's SF1 DRV terrain using his Rolling Thunder Campaign for SPF1, except it's enemy AAA.  And it only happens from airbases in Thailand.  An enemy airbase spawns next to the friendly base a second or two after the mission starts.  Then their AAA opens up on me.  Rarely get off the runway.

I'd like to know what causes these hiccups, too.

improper terrain editing ... there should be no enemy bases in Thailand. Time to edit the _targets ini

Yes it's enemy AAA as for me. I looked at the ini but I not sure what to do to fix it. The funny thing it doesn't happen ir DBS72 campaign.

Ice Duel, I assume (oh! that word!!) is for DBS??? When I rebuilt it, it was most definitely divided between "east and west".

what airfields?

to check alignments, open the targets ini and look at the top section of EACH target area...

[TargetArea001]
Name=Nycgicen Communication Complex
Position=272395.000,506365.000
Radius=3000.000
ActiveYear=0
Location=2   <----- this 'en
Alignment=ENEMY

location 1 is always friendly

location 2 is always enemy

usually, the first target area is a 1; maybe swap out one of the friendly cities to the #1 position (#20, Northeast Cape), and move Nycgicen to #20. Target 2 is a friendly airfield;  having an airfield 1st (used to) cause issues.

of course, that may screw up the campaign, but ????

Does changing the Location number change anything else?

For instance, in DRV Thailand is in Location=4.  If I change it to Location=1, will it screw things up?

I checked the targets.ini.  Can't find anything wrong.  Of course I have no idea what I'm looking at.

So ... I'm wondering if I just take all the Thailand airbases out of the target.ini, will things still work without getting my tailpipe shot off on the runway?

Does changing the Location number change anything else?

For instance, in DRV Thailand is in Location=4.  If I change it to Location=1, will it screw things up?

YES!!

what does the nations ini say for Thailand? (bet it ain't even got one...that terrain is so old, and 'off'....)

I'm wondering if I just take all the Thailand airbases out of the target.ini, 

something I wouldn't do...

you will fubar that terrain in an instant

Ice Duel, I assume (oh! that word!!) is for DBS??? When I rebuilt it, it was most definitely divided between "east and west".

what airfields?

to check alignments, open the targets ini and look at the top section of EACH target area...

location 1 is always friendly

location 2 is always enemy

usually, the first target area is a 1; maybe swap out one of the friendly cities to the #1 position (#20, Northeast Cape), and move Nycgicen to #20. Target 2 is a friendly airfield;  having an airfield 1st (used to) cause issues.

of course, that may screw up the campaign, but ????

Yes Ice Duel uses the DBS terrain as well as DBS72 campaign.  I tried the change but no luck.  I believe it is something with the Ice Duel campaign because I don't have the same problem with DBS72.

YES!!

what does the nations ini say for Thailand? (bet it ain't even got one...that terrain is so old, and 'off'....)

You're right, the nations.ini doesn't have Thailand listed.  Think I'll put it in.  Let you know how it goes.

you do know that that terrain is pure junk right?? It doesn't even have working water...

but if you insist on fiddleing with it...

your nations ini should look like this:

[Theater]
TheaterName=DRV
Location001=South Vietnam
Location002=North Vietnam
Location003=Gulf of Tonkin
Location004=Thailand

[LimitedNationList]
FriendlyNation001=USAF
FriendlyNation002=USN
FriendlyNation003=USMC
FriendlyNation004=SVietnam