HI guys, sorry to be a pain. I was wandering if anyone could send me the Stock JetEngine.WAV file, I downloaded a replacement file on this site a while ago and since then its caused all sorts of peculiarity's in the games sound, (lawnmower helicopters, slowed down radio-chatter etc...)

I've learnt my lesson. I think long and hard before deleting game files now...

Thanks in advance 

Alex

Here you go, this is what I have on my comp

JetEngine.7z

You could probably use the extractor to find the sound file again. A lot of them are rolled up into the sounddata library (I think. I am at work right now), so you should be able to find originals there.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Slant6
      Just in case a  stock.wav file is missing, is there any way to extract and replace it using the file extractor utility?
    • By JamesWilson
      I got this problem:
      I run SFP1 pretty well, without any sort of issue.
      The only very tedious thing i have is that the most of the times a vocal call is given, my game freezes for like 1/2 seconds.
      This may sound like not a big thing, but TRUST ME, since this pops up for 8 comms given out of 10, this problem turns the game into UNPLAYABLE.
      And also (i got no idea why and what is the correlation with comms) almost every single time i shoot down a plane or i see an explosion in front of me, this issue happens.
      I thought it was a setting problem, maybe a graphical one, or something related to my PC, i could never ever though it was an audio file problem...
      I made many tests, but after several months of testing, removing all the audio calls files from the game files, i finally discovered what was the cause of those freezes: the audio communications.
      Even if the game is perfectly playable as it is right now, without any radio chatter, it would be nicer if i could play it with audio comms again, instead of just ambience, plane and weapon sounds, i really loved HQ calls, wingmen comms and radio chatter.
      I have no idea what could it be that "interfers" with the game and makes it freeze whenever a call is given, or even an explosion happens. 
      Only removing all audio comms from game files the problem solved.
      Could you help me please?  Any idea or suggestion would be great!
      Thank you a lot guys! 
    • By Viper63a
      SF2 Vietnam Hi-Res 1920x1080 Menu Screens and Music v5
      By Viper 05/17/2020
      Note: I removed all the nation sounds from this Menu packs for size reasons. If you intend to install the "VIPER63A HQ Menu Sounds" pack, please install that pack first. Installing the HQ Sound pack over the Menu pack may overwrite some of the menu specific music files. You can always re-install this menu pack to get the menu specific theme music back.
      This mod includes custom "vietnam Era" themed menu screens, pilots and (w/ 60s) music. You should unzip this package and preview the new screens before installing them. I recommend doing this as there are MANY alternate screens I have in there that you might like better.
      1) Backup (copy) your FLIGHT, MENU and PILOTDATA folder. I "highly" recommend that you (if you can) "RENAME" your Menu folder and let this mod create a new Menu folder for you. If you had installed any other menu mods, that may conflict with this Menu mod. 
      2) To install, simply unzip and copy the uncompressed FLIGHT, MENU and PILOTDATA folders to your StrikeFighter2 mod folder. Don't forget to back up before loading any mods!
      My StrikeFighter2 mod on Win10 64-bit was..(yours may be different)...
      C:\Users\<your_id>\Saved Games\Thirdwire\StrikeFighter2 Vietnam\
      3) To uninstall, delete the folders updated by this mod and copy (rename) your backed up folder to FLIGHT, MENU and PILOTDATA.
      Enjoy!
    • By Viper63a

View File StrikeFighters2 Vietnam Hi-Res 1920x1080 Menu Screens and Music!
      SF2 Vietnam Hi-Res 1920x1080 Menu Screens and Music v5
      By Viper 05/17/2020
      Note: I removed all the nation sounds from this Menu packs for size reasons. If you intend to install the "VIPER63A HQ Menu Sounds" pack, please install that pack first. Installing the HQ Sound pack over the Menu pack may overwrite some of the menu specific music files. You can always re-install this menu pack to get the menu specific theme music back.
      This mod includes custom "vietnam Era" themed menu screens, pilots and (w/ 60s) music. You should unzip this package and preview the new screens before installing them. I recommend doing this as there are MANY alternate screens I have in there that you might like better.
      1) Backup (copy) your FLIGHT, MENU and PILOTDATA folder. I "highly" recommend that you (if you can) "RENAME" your Menu folder and let this mod create a new Menu folder for you. If you had installed any other menu mods, that may conflict with this Menu mod. 
      2) To install, simply unzip and copy the uncompressed FLIGHT, MENU and PILOTDATA folders to your StrikeFighter2 mod folder. Don't forget to back up before loading any mods!
      My StrikeFighter2 mod on Win10 64-bit was..(yours may be different)...
      C:\Users\<your_id>\Saved Games\Thirdwire\StrikeFighter2 Vietnam\
      3) To uninstall, delete the folders updated by this mod and copy (rename) your backed up folder to FLIGHT, MENU and PILOTDATA.
      Enjoy!
      Submitter viper63a Submitted 03/15/2015 Category Menus  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..