Congrats for yours first 1000 posts Pignon. One question, it will be possible to add a carrier in the Adricatic using the mission editor and fly from there?

Congrats for yours first 1000 posts Pignon. One question, it will be possible to add a carrier in the Adricatic using the mission editor and fly from there?

Yes you can , but you won't like the result.

BTW: I stopped the work in this mod as I'm retaking the job with the EAW terrain. 

Edited by FRPignon

BTW: I stopped the work in this mod as I'm retaking the job with the EAW terrain. 

Don't know If being happy or sad.

I suggest we open a kickstater to clone FRPignon

• Like 3

I remember a rather old thread where Baltika was showing updates of his own Balkan terrain, but no updates recently, anyway IIRC Brain32 once gave him some hi-res tiles made from satellite images of the Balkans, maybe you can ask if someone has those, those tile templates could be useful at a later stage.

Yup, this:-

http://combatace.com/topic/74862-has-anyone-done-a-balkans-campaignnato/page-3

Sorry blaze, post #58 from 10 Dec 2013 represents the latest update on that map.

I did drop Brain32 a line about his wip hi-res custom tileset, but it never saw the light of day.

Maybe one of these days, I'll get around to finishing off this and a dozen other wips - like, when I win the lottery and quit my day job ;-)

Meantime, best advice I can give anyone is to go back and read gepard's terrain building tutorials from the KB.

Anyone wants to build a terrain, gepard spells out how to do it from scratch, step by step.

http://combatace.com/forum/191-modding-terrainsenviroments/

All you need then is time (years!), patience (of a saint!) and lots of successful 1d20 save against sanity rolls.  It will drive you nuts!

Slainthe!

Baltika

Yup, this:-

http://combatace.com/topic/74862-has-anyone-done-a-balkans-campaignnato/page-3

Sorry blaze, post #58 from 10 Dec 2013 represents the latest update on that map.

I did drop Brain32 a line about his wip hi-res custom tileset, but it never saw the light of day.

Maybe one of these days, I'll get around to finishing off this and a dozen other wips - like, when I win the lottery and quit my day job ;-)

Meantime, best advice I can give anyone is to go back and read gepard's terrain building tutorials from the KB.

Anyone wants to build a terrain, gepard spells out how to do it from scratch, step by step.

http://combatace.com/forum/191-modding-terrainsenviroments/

All you need then is time (years!), patience (of a saint!) and lots of successful 1d20 save against sanity rolls.  It will drive you nuts!

Slainthe!

Baltika

No problem, Baltika, real life comes first.  I had to stop a WIP terrain of mine too, when I have time I'll resume my work at it.  Anyway I think I can say we at CombatACE are grateful for your terrain works, terrain making is very time comsuming.  

FRPignon, you are making very nice progress with these terrains, it's amazing, however let me say I don't like the HFD you are using for the Balkan terrain too much.  You've managed to update it so now it's nice looking and all, it just misses much of (my) Italy and the southern Balkan countries, unlike the WIP by Baltika.  If you guys could join the two projects together, it would be a dream.  Anyway, it is by no means a request, I've never contributed so much to CombatACE so I'm in no position to make one.  Just take it as a suggestion.

FRPignon, you are making very nice progress with these terrains, it's amazing, however let me say I don't like the HFD you are using for the Balkan terrain too much.  You've managed to update it so now it's nice looking and all, it just misses much of (my) Italy and the southern Balkan countries, unlike the WIP by Baltika.  If you guys could join the two projects together, it would be a dream.  Anyway, it is by no means a request, I've never contributed so much to CombatACE so I'm in no position to make one.  Just take it as a suggestion.

You don't like it because you have not seen the last version of it. And of course, you did not fly over it  :biggrin: .