Sign in to follow this  
1977Frenchie

Problem with engine sound

Hi all,

This might be easy to solve, but i scrath my head on this...

Sinci last night, my Skyraider engine sounds like he have drink a Redbull :) I checked the engine sound attached and it is still ''A1Engine''. I went to the sound file and listen to the ''A1Engine'' sound and it is like it is supposed to be.

I changed the linked engine sound for ''RadialEngine'', get back in game and the sound match (it even sound better IMO). I changed back to the original ''A1Engine'' and still the same problem...

Is there another place that link the engine sound to a specific aircraft? For now i will stick with the ''RadialEngine'' sound as i personnaly like it more.

I did that after having the TomcatSP and Hornets packs.

if this is in sf2na, this is a know problem with a LOT of engine sounds. nobody know why, and TK isn't talking

Yeah wrench, i discover with time (and sometimes with your help) that files are becoming problematic sometimes without any warning and or explanations :)

After having played here and there with the installed files, I found my problem. The JetEngine sound in the hornet package was the problematic element :) I removed it just to check and the old skyraider engine sound came back... So i only change the engine sound file for the hornets in this pack with the one i use for my CF-18 and voilà!

Everything is back to normal

I've found this happens with a lot of the user made aircraft that have their own sound file, usually it's easily cured by giving the sound file its own entry in the soundlist ini. just use the stock sound entry of your choice for the basic settings but renamed for whatever engine sound your plane should be using.

Thinking about it, shouldn't all custom sounds have their own soundlist ini entry anyway ??

Thinking about it, shouldn't all custom sounds have their own soundlist ini entry anyway ??

In theory I'd say yes, of course sounds do work without their own soundlist ini entry, but some issues could occur, I think.