Hello all; I've modelled my F-5 wing as one piece (no Left/Right_Outer_wing model node calls).  I've noticed that in the data file I'm using there is reference to "outer_wing" with a ton of variables .. my question is .. do I have to split my wing in order for the sim to make use of all that data .. ? or does the fact that it is called for in the data file (without corresponding model node) sufficient?

Sorry If the answer is obvious..

Stupid answer...

No you don't have to, but please make it so, it will be so much better.

post-46431-0-01870600-1437293594.jpg

then you will have to check if the values of the entries of the outer_wing part in the ini match with both the 3D model and the flight model.

If you do not plan to make the ini check work, leave the wing in one piece.

what Cliff7600 said!!

splitting the mesh also helps in number of decals (increasing # per mesh, if more than one mesh is used).

as to calling out inner and outer for aerodynamic statements, many 3rd party aircraft have only a single mesh wing per side. as long as the component is listed, it makes no difference to the game engine.

but it does help!

• Like 1

Yep, you don't have to but it's much better for decals and offers you greater flexibility if/when you'll be working on your damage/destruction model.

• Like 1

Stupid answer...

No you don't have to, but please make it so, it will be so much better.

attachicon.gifF-5 wing cutaway.jpg

then you will have to check if the values of the entries of the outer_wing part in the ini match with both the 3D model and the flight model.

If you do not plan to make the ini check work, leave the wing in one piece.

Thanks for the input guys!  I've gone ahead and split the wing .. doing the ini check work is beyond me .. NeverEnough has been helping me with the flight model so Ill get the latest model to him'.

Thanks again:)

Some a\c have single spar wings....in other words its rare the break mid way....but I use single wing in some models....a damaged mesh will obviously look different......I suppose tho saying that ...wing meshes cut dont affect the look of the model..

Hello all; I've modelled my F-5 wing as one piece (no Left/Right_Outer_wing model node calls).  I've noticed that in the data file I'm using there is reference to "outer_wing" with a ton of variables .. my question is .. do I have to split my wing in order for the sim to make use of all that data .. ? or does the fact that it is called for in the data file (without corresponding model node) sufficient?

Sorry If the answer is obvious..

I think you made a big mistake :

you must completly destroy all the disks containing your model, as well as your computer, you will then have to burn your house and live in a buddhist temple for 20 years.

:angel:

Edited by jeanba
  • Like 3

I think you made a big mistake :

you must completly destroy all the disks containing your model, as well as your computer, you will then have to burn your house and live in a buddhist temple for 20 years.

:angel:

Screw the house!!  .. buddhist conversion doesn't sound too bad .. but I draw the line on the disk destruction .. it'd mean I'd have to get a life :(

post-37542-0-96012600-1437337719_thumb.jpg

Edited by sophocles
  • Like 6