Hi folks!!! I am very interested in terrain building, and I am showing you what I'm working on: Coastal Range. The idea is a fictional terrain just to practice and enhance our A2G skills, carrier take-off and landing, VTOL. There are a few target areas to practice, ports and ground and shipping routes. There is no AAA nor SAMs but there are radars, so SEAD missions will be possible. I was inspired by ChampionVA56`s great Mescalero Proving grounds  :clapping:

It is a small project, and I hope I'll be able to create bigger and real terrains in the future.

So, I'll present you some screenshots, what do you think? I hope you guys like it! 

None of the ground objects are mine, some are stock TW and others (most of them) are mods, as are the tiles and seasons. 

Now the credits!! I have included many ground objects and 3rd party mods, so, if I have omitted anyone, would you please let me know? Comments, wishes and suggestions are welcomed :good:

Thanks so much to:

• Wrench, for I have borrowed ground objects from his great Libya Terrain (barbed wire, Soviet Freighter, factory building, helicopters, pillbox) and for his airbase goodies.
  • Stary, for his realistic and gorgeus GermanyCE tiles. They look great!!!
  • Piecemeal, I borrowed some layouts from his awesome DesertV4 terrain.
  • Rends, I borrowed some ground objects from his Germany CE terrain.
  • Krfrge, I took a look at his combat outpost and artillery firebase, and used them as a basis to create some.
  • Kesselbrut, I have included some ships he has created (trawler, tug)
  • Rover and Gepard for your terrain building tutorials, they have been very valuable to me!!!
  • PureBlue for his Airfield Development kit and those who worke to contribute to it: Sundowner: B_Trailer_Mk82, M_trailer, B_TrailerLGB, Y_Tractor, RAF_Cart, B_Duel_Y_Trac, C_Type, RAF_Bunker, TAB_Vee, HAS_M, HAS_E, c_store, Earth Walls, mounds, blast walls and all desert variants of these objects

Amokfloo: ControlTower, ForkLift, FireExtinguisher, ShelterZu
    Ravenclaw: Fire Trucks
    Stary: str_hangars 1 thru 8
    Pureblue: FloodLight, SmallGenerator, ConcreteBlock, SunShelter, HeliPad1N
    Polak: tools
  • Polak and the CFS Midway Group for their object Library 1.
  • Julhelm for his Factory Buildings.
  • Sundowner, for his Airfield objects.
  • Wingwiner for his gas station and control tower.
  • Mue for his great Target Area Editor, I have used it extensively. 
  • Gerwin for his TFD Tool.
  • And finally, many many thanks to the CombatAce Community, you guys have always helped me in time of need!

As said before, PLEASE let me know if I did not mention anyone above, I think I didn't leave anyone out, but it's never too late to make a mistake :oops: . Also, If you see in the screenshots below any object whose author I did no mention, please tell me! 

Kind regards,

Ignacioc91

post-57511-0-66483100-1442086606_thumb.jpg

post-57511-0-31477900-1442086611_thumb.jpg

post-57511-0-49483800-1442086619_thumb.jpg

post-57511-0-85722300-1442086623_thumb.jpg

post-57511-0-60413400-1442086627_thumb.jpg

post-57511-0-98847800-1442086631_thumb.jpg

post-57511-0-24259400-1442086636_thumb.jpg

post-57511-0-97892600-1442086639_thumb.jpg

post-57511-0-39466000-1442086644_thumb.jpg

post-57511-0-40189000-1442086648_thumb.jpg

post-57511-0-08122200-1442089083_thumb.jpg

Edited by ignacioc91
  • Like 7

Can we see the planning map so we can make an idea of the area?

I would definitely move the fuel tanks OFF the flightline and parking ramp. Maybe replace it with the 'gas station'. You don't want something that explosive so near the parking ramp

I agree, looks a bit dangerous! Thanks for the suggestion!

Looks good! Always up for another range.

The map looks really cool! I think it will be a nice addition. Are you planning to add weapon ranges? Also you mentioned VTOL, can we see it?

Excellent. Some fictional terrain for all those "what if"-scenarios!

Looks really good, I like it.  The shape of the terrain reminds me of the stock fictional Desert terrain, which is in reality Mozambique but turned 90° degrees.

Perhaps some waterways you can fly up for those riverine interdiction missions :) 

Thank you guys!! The map is in fact Mozambique, the Mozambique Strait and Madagascar. I'm planning to have VTOL from carriers, (LHA Tarawa for instance). The idea in to include practice missions featuring carrier operations. As regards weapon ranges, I don't have the tiles, so I'll have to talke to the author.

Edited by ignacioc91