Sign in to follow this  
ojcar

Armchair Aces over Galicia updated!

What the title says. Get it while is hot!

- In 1.1:

-Farman F.30 instead the F.40 one.
-Anatra D "Anade".
-LFG Roland D.II.
-LFG Roland D.IIa.

• Like 2

Could it be possible to make all-inclusive files? 
I know it's quite some work, but getting all the planes, updating them and so on is really, really a big pain. And one often ends up with broken installs or planes, because some are so much unclear... 

Well, It's difficult, because I'm not the owner of these files. Some planes are from The A-Team Skunkworks site and they have their rules (that I respect). Some other files are from people that aren't here from ages (Peter01 for example) and I cant have their permission.

The most difficult is to make your first install. My advise is to install plane-by plane, skin-by-skin and test it. Im sure when you'll install your tenth plane you'll be an expert.

My advise if you want to have the whole Armchair Aces series.

-Make an install to each theater (Palestine, Galicia, North Sea, Western Front)

-I'd try the North Sea first (Forgothen heroes mod). It has very few planes to install.

-Then I'd install Palestine. It has some more planes, ground objects, etc

-Then go for Galicia. Some more planes and stuff. If you have installed correctly these three, you can go to:

-Armchair Aces Redux (aka Western Front). And be ready to install a ton of different stuff.

I now it can be tedious, but once you have the basic install, updated are usually a matter of install a couple of new planes. Piece of cake.

By the way, a new medals pack with Russian, Austro-Hungarian, Ottoman and Italian medals  is badly needed. Capitaine Vengeur, I'm looking at you!

I agree with everything ojcar said. I would also point out that if there was an all inclusive download, it would be so big that you would spend a long time downloading, and then you would still have to install all the parts in the correct folders, so it wouldn't be very much easier.

Also, if you don't have all the skins, the game will substitute the default skin. So concentrate on getting the planes installed first. You don't have to wait until everything is installed, you can start flying campaign missions as soon as you get most of the planes.

I does take some practice, but like ojcar said, it gets easier as you do it.

Well, Gentlemen, Armchair Aces over Galicia is updated again!

New in 1.2:

-Oeffag C.II

¡¡¡¡And don't forget to download the WW1 Medals Pack Beyond the Western Front by Capitaine Vengeur!!!!!!   A TRUE must have!

• Like 4

Thank you for this Ojcar! I appreciate all the continued improvements you've made to Armchair Aces.

• Like 3

Pleased to see this, Ojcar!  Your contributions to this series are much appreciated!

• Like 1