Noticed some of you posting again and just wanted to say thank you for keeping the forums at least alive.  Didn't see any posts about having problems at simhq so I just assumed you guys were looking out for us and posting here too. Thank you, and I do notice you guys when you're around.

Erik

Basically, we just miss the old place. There was an atmosphere here that just didn't carry over to SimHQ

• Like 1

Hey, Eric, nice you look round here!

Yeah, Hauksbee speaks from my heart; I like this place better than the new one - your site is technically

more advanced, or makes it more comfortable for us users somehow.

And the atmosphere here - yes, that was a valuable "thing" that couldn't easily be "transplanted"...

Edited by Olham
  • Like 1

To me they're the same. It is the users who add life to a site or not, not the site itself.  I check several flight sim fora a day, anyway, so what's another? Although I already come here to check out other things besides WOFF.

• Like 1

I like it here.  I think there will be a mass migration of WOFFers back from SimHq sometime soon.  That is, when SimHq ceases to be the 'official' WOFF forum site. 

• Like 1

Perhaps when we see WOFF GOLD, we'll see more of the 'old dogs' hanging out here.

• Like 1

Yes, it looks like something's brewing, all right; see the road below choked with motor transport, heading for the front?

Shot11-06-15-21-03-55.jpg

• Like 1

That this place has been empty is the fault of the users. I.e, ours. Don't wait for others. It is what we make of it. :bye:

Now, please enjoy this Sopwith Triplane:

• Like 2

That this place has been empty is the fault of the users. I.e, ours. Don't wait for others. It is what we make of it. :bye:

True, Jim - we made a start; maybe others will follow.

Great photo (like always!) of a Tripehound. Looks dangerously light and agile to me!

• Like 1

Basically, we just miss the old place. There was an atmosphere here that just didn't carry over to SimHQ

Same here, but sometimes also litle bit negative when you dare to wrote down the word RoF, which made me to leave the Whole OFFscene for a while.  But that is solved. 

I think, beside too much sub forums for WoFF/OFF [why this combination???], the whole layout and download section is here much better than the more sterile Simhq.  

• Like 1

Same here, but sometimes also litle bit negative when you dare to wrote down the word RoF, which made me to leave the Whole OFFscene for a while.  But that is solved. 

I think, beside too much sub forums for WoFF/OFF [why this combination???], the whole layout and download section is here much better than the more sterile Simhq.  

It's just the way the developers wanted it set up.  :dntknw:

Yes, it is similarly set up over at SimHQ; I guess they want it that way.

Congrats on your 15 years of supporting the aviation community, Erik - great job!

• Like 1

Yes, it is similarly set up over at SimHQ; I guess they want it that way.

Congrats on your 15 years of supporting the aviation community, Erik - great job!

16 on the 25th of December which is quickly coming up. Wow how time flies.    :flyer:    :grandpa:

• Like 1

At least you can use your own avatars here which is streng verboten over there at SimHq.   Dunno why. 

• Like 1

Yeah, another good point, Jim - I always liked that a lot!

• Like 1

16 on the 25th of December which is quickly coming up.

Sixteen years in game should lend a certain perspective on flight sims, Eric. Some say it's a steadily shrinking niche market. How do you see things? Is it shrinking, growing or maybe just a steady state?

• Like 1

Sixteen years in game should lend a certain perspective on flight sims, Eric. Some say it's a steadily shrinking niche market. How do you see things? Is it shrinking, growing or maybe just a steady state?

That's not an easy question but from my viewpoint I think the overall patron base is declining but at a slower rate than most would tell you.  The natural progress of life sees some go and new pilots getting old enough to want to be involved in what we do.  I think it's important for the various communities whether they are Flanders, IL2, Microsoft Sim, Thirdwire, etc. that they keep things alive by being active and welcoming the new blood to the fold.  I'm a firm believer that if you believe something it generally comes true.  I try to always keep a positive attitude about everything and give the best we can so that folks know we're a safe harbor they can always find.

Glad each of you took the time to be part of everything we do here.

• Like 1

I am very glad to see you all back here. I liked popping and seeing what you guys are up to. Especially when you all talk about the history. If you all need anything let us know. 

• Like 2

Thank you Dave! I always found you are a helpful team, and I would never have felt shy to ask for anything. Good success for the next 15 (16!) years!

• Like 1