woojay

went to windows 10 cannot get add on aircraft or terrain to show

Greetings recently had to upgrade to windows 10. Games installed well. But cannot get any of past add on

aircraft or terrains to show in game. I have tried all I know to fix. Can anyone help?

Thanks

can you be more specific? Not giving us enough to go on here..

Like, are you adding them in the correct place, like the .../SavedGames/ThirdWire/-name of game- (ie: the mods folder)

Thank you for the response.

Yes I place the mod folders in Users>Jay>Saved Games>ThirdWire>StrikeFighters2

It does not read the folders. I get the stock game.

Up for any other ideas.

Is there any way to check and see if that is the path the game uses? It is a bit different than I had on the old computer.

check the access permission of the users accounts, also try to install the game outside the progrma files folder, e.g. c:\Mygames or something like that.

Thank you will try

I am not the best with computers where do I check this access permission?

Think I found it under security and changed all to allow full access and loaded the game in a different location and

unfortunately it did not work. Guess I am destined to only have the stock games for now. A shame been playing this

for years. Really did enjoy some of the add ons I had.

Thanks again for the assistance.

This has become maddening. I customized my map controls and tested to see if the game could read it.

And low and behold it could read it in the saved games string. But still cannot find a way for the games to

see my Aircraft folder or my terrains. Very strange.

Check the folders of each game,ie sf2e,sf2v and check the options.ini,that. Its pointing to the mod folder

Was the game reinstalled? 

Did you put your old mods back with the old option.ini and version.ini files? - that often causes problems

Thank you russouk2004 and Migbuster. I have not had done any add ons or modifications in a long time.

All worked to my satisfaction. So I am not sure how to change the files mentioned to point them to the mod

files. Would appreciate some instructions on how to do this. Right now when I checked they are the ones that

come with the game.

I installed clean from the Third Wire web site. The aircraft file and terrain file I had from before I added later.

to the appropriate saved game path the install created. Do you think my past files are a problem and for some

reason cannot be read?

Appreciate in advance any assistance. Not very good now at this stuff. But really like flying the add ons.

Thank you to all those that gave me suggestions. I was able to get all working. Ended up installing on

another computer I do not use much to see if it would work and it did. Noticed instead of installing off the web site

I did from my backed up files of setup. Then tired this on new computer. Program and mods work great

Guess I should have done this from the beginning.

Thanks again.

I was getting at this...............when putting mods into the Mod folder do not put in old copies of options.ini and version.ini

You can cut out the entire mod folder and paste it safe somewhere.

than run the game again and it will create new mod folders and the 2 files I mentioned.

Then put in your mods making sure not to write over the them.

Now my only issue left is for some reason my chaff and flares  do not show when fired off.

Does it happen on all aircraft?

Make a copy your "Effects" folder and put it somewhere safe

then remove all the files in "Effects" from the game.....and run...............does it still happen?