Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Atlantic Fleet Ported to PC...

I kept this shot big on purpose.

Clipboard01.jpg

So far runs great. 

• Like 3

It is a great game on a tablet. It is even better on a PC with a large screen :)

• Like 2

Well Nels gave me a copy of the PC port to test on a couple computers and it had the option of 5760x1080. It looks awesome in that resolution on 3-27 in monitors. 

• Like 1

So its not out yet is it.

I always wondered how many of us might play it))  I started with Pacific fleet - damn it is addictive.. I can say. And then - a strategic level with Atlantic fleet..  no words to describe this game)))

There's only one problem with it, that my PadFone 2 gets overheated in an hour or so (((( 

Indeed I'm curious about the PC version.

• Like 1

as for mobile version yes, I too was getting pretty hot phone or tablet after some extended play time so Snailman you'd be happy to know the PC version doesn't overheat a thing :smile: and looks 100 percent better with the new ocean engine, updated self-shadowing ships' models and textures (including normalmaps) remade effects and overall polishing

• Like 1

I always wondered how many of us might play it))  I started with Pacific fleet - damn it is addictive.. I can say. And then - a strategic level with Atlantic fleet..  no words to describe this game)))

There's only one problem with it, that my PadFone 2 gets overheated in an hour or so (((( 

Indeed I'm curious about the PC version.

Well if you liked PF then you are going to love AF and especially on the PC.

I have both... I said, these games - for the cost of two six-packs - come on...

I burnt out my batteries already)   Now even if my phone is on the charger, I have only 2 hours to play)

What I am waiting for ... is PF 2, Pacific with strategic level...  I know it will be a lot to do, since each ship is about two weeks of work (as they said).

as for mobile version yes, I too was getting pretty hot phone or tablet after some extended play time so Snailman you'd be happy to know the PC version doesn't overheat a thing :smile: and looks 100 percent better with the new ocean engine, updated self-shadowing ships' models and textures (including normalmaps) remade effects and overall polishing

Just wanted to say, congrats on your work on the effects... amazing. The style was familiar from somewhere :lol:    The sinking ship effects brings us the feeling I have last seen in Aces of the deep

• Like 1

I won't reveal anything secret -as this was hinted at by Paul on Atlantc Fleet's FB page- by saying one of our goals is having cumulative real time global WW2 naval warfare strategy/simulation down the road.

One of goals :wink:

• Like 2

Nothing wrong with setting big goals. You might even reach them!

• Like 1

Well Nels gave me a copy of the PC port to test on a couple computers and it had the option of 5760x1080. It looks awesome in that resolution on 3-27 in monitors. 

How about doing us a review Dave, so we have something to drool over, while we wait?

How about doing us a review Dave, so we have something to drool over, while we wait?

I don't have time for that. My gaming time is limited anymore. 

I don't have time for that. My gaming time is limited anymore. 

Mine has been limited for years... but if you look at the time of some of my posts here and on Facebook, I trade sleep for free time. But I am often too tired to play any games/sims and don't have the patience to do stuff like thorough beta testing anymore. I want games/addons when they are ready for prime time (or as close as they are going to get), no energy for debugging alphas/betas.

Gotta say Im looking forward to this one. Havent been this excited about a naval game since Fleet Command and Fighting Steel.