Sign in to follow this  
Geezer

1024 Terrain Tiles

Took a break from the Gladiator and - having slowly figured out what looks right and runs OK ingame - made the first of many new 1024x1024 terrain tiles.  To make life easier, I am using Gterl's 512 tiles, from his superb WW1 Italian Front Map, as templates for the new artwork.  I believe he adapted Jan Tuma's earlier tiles?

index.php?app=gallery&module=images&sect

Edited by Geezer
  • Like 5

Geezer, at your suggestion I swapped in hi res bmp's and tga's for Stephen1918's Palestine Terrain and was dazzled by how good it looked.  I'm really looking forward to your new hi res tiles for the already beautiful Italian Front.  FE2 just keeps getting better and better thanks to the very talented enthusiasts in the community!

More test shots. :biggrin:

• Like 4

That is looking really very scrumptious I must say

Outstanding detail and work - but can I make a request?  Can you depress the angle of your shots next time to include what would be seen out to the horizon?  I'm still struggling with incorporating all mue's "fading TOD's" upgrades into my test FE2 installation, and was looking for a reference on what others have in theirs.  Thanks!   

Outstanding detail and work - but can I make a request?  Can you depress the angle of your shots next time to include what would be seen out to the horizon?  I'm still struggling with incorporating all mue's "fading TOD's" upgrades into my test FE2 installation, and was looking for a reference on what others have in theirs.  Thanks!   

"Rabbit Flight Break!"  See below.

• Like 3

very nice, and yes looks like Jan Tuma's tiles were the base -on thing redoing tiles this way is one must be extra cautious to keep the tiles in match with the corresponding TODs population. Orherwise things might look off

• Like 1

very nice, and yes looks like Jan Tuma's tiles were the base -on thing redoing tiles this way is one must be extra cautious to keep the tiles in match with the corresponding TODs population. Orherwise things might look off

You got that right!  Now that I have a couple of WIPs ingame to evaluate, I'm revising the foliage art to match up with the trees.  :biggrin:

• Like 1