I had to Google for it. You learn something new everyday.

"An elephant walk is a USAF term for the taxiing of military aircraft right before takeoff, when they are in close formation. Often, it takes place right before a Minimum Interval Takeoff.(...) The term elephant walk dates to World War II when large fleets of allied bombers would conduct attacks in missions containing 1,000 aircraft. Those who observed this said that the taxiing of these large numbers of aircraft to takeoff in single file in nose-to-tail formations said that they looked like elephants walking to the next watering hole. Over time, it was incorporated into the lexicon of the United States Air Force to identify a "maximum sortie surge"." (wikipedia)

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Avrillav
      Hello. I have updated SF2, and there is no Campaign or Mission editor. How can I get that? 
    • By Betta94
      HI 
      As the title said i am a lost soul, i've been reading and areading about the fake pilots mod. But where is it? where can i download it? i can see a lot of mods require it but i cant seem to find a download for it. 
      is this a problem on my end or is the mod impossible to find.

Kindest regards 
      Adam 
    • By RogueBeats
      Hi! Im pretty new in the community, but i am into sound and the game its actually really eazy to mod in that regard!

So, im making a big sound mod with high quality samples from other games like BF4 and DCS. I´ve replacing a lot of sounds using a existing mod (Strike Figthers 2 Sounds)
      But maybe some of the sounds are still in the CAT files and i cant find them.

Can someone help me extract all the stock Sound files from the Cat?
      Thank you.
      PD: also i plan put the Ace Combat Voices in the game but that sounds files are there.
    • By Rayensouissi2002
      I downloaded the mod in campaign ODS but the the mod doesn't show in the screen what should I do ?
    • By yunped
      V-1_JetBike.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..