Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone,

I recently got into weapon modding and wanted to edit some missiles.

I went for the Weapons Folder with the Weapons Editor, and some weapons were missing, even tho i can see them and equip them in-game.

I wanted to edit the AA-2D Atoll for my Su-22M3, but there's no AA-2 folder inside Weapons folder, nor inside plane folder, even tho the missile is equippable and i can see it/use it in-game.

Since there's no Atoll folder, i have no idea how is it possible for me to have it in-game, and even less i know on how am i supposed to edit it through Weapons Editor, since i can't select the folder.

I thought it may be a sort of "built-in-game" missile and for this reason not showing in weapons folder (idk i just made an hypothesis).

So i tried using the CAT Extractor, but seems like not working... no matter which CAT file i select, it says "error opening this .CAT file, no files can be extracted", how's that? How do i fix it? Am i doing something wrong?

Thank you in advance for helping me fixing all these issues or helping me find what i'm doing wrong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I used Extract All for the CAT File extractor and it worked fine for me. It takes a while of course, but they should be in there somewhere.

 

Edited by EricJ
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, EricJ said:

I used Extract All for the CAT File extractor and it worked fine for me. It takes a while of course, but they should be in there somewhere.

 

660bfed0d1306_Screenshot(547).png.6074bd3686749a966080ce50306ee44c.png

It's grey and unclickable to me, it forces me to select a file, but then that sentence shows up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it keeps that up then just download this file from the site and edit the weapons therein to your liking. It should contain everything you need including models, skins and data files. You can put these in your Objects\Weapons folder

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Righteous26 said:

If it keeps that up then just download this file from the site and edit the weapons therein to your liking. It should contain everything you need including models, skins and data files. You can put these in your Objects\Weapons folder

 

Yep that's just what i looked for, and it worked!

Thank you very much.

Are there packs for every weapon?

And if I really need to use the CAT Extractor, what can i do?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would check the cat files to ensure that they have names like ObjectData001.cat and are large. They should be tens to hundreds of megabytes each.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Righteous26 said:

I would check the cat files to ensure that they have names like ObjectData001.cat and are large. They should be tens to hundreds of megabytes each.

Yep they look just like that, i can see them when trying to select them, but once i click it wont' let me extract anything just like i told you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

back to the original question, are the weapons youre trying to edit stock?

stock weapons (or decals, pilots and guns) do not show out of the box. you have to extract at least the weapon ini from the cat and place it in your weapons folder (creating a weapons folder if your install is very much stock). when you extract it, a folder will be created for whatever your extracting

stock aircraft and ground objects are the only ones that will have folders in a vanilla stock install

 

final question: when yours was greyed out, had you selected(clicked on) at least one file?

Edited by daddyairplanes
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, daddyairplanes said:

back to the original question, are the weapons youre trying to edit stock?

stock weapons (or decals, pilots and guns) do not show out of the box. you have to extract at least the weapon ini from the cat and place it in your weapons folder (creating a weapons folder if your install is very much stock). when you extract it, a folder will be created for whatever your extracting

stock aircraft and ground objects are the only ones that will have folders in a vanilla stock install

 

final question: when yours was greyed out, had you selected(clicked on) at least one file?

I think they are, like they are built-in the game and i can use them, but they're not there inside Weapons folder.

I don't have any WEAPONS.INI or GUNS.INI file, idk why but it's not present.

I tried using CE but it doesn't let me extract anything, not even EXTRACT ALL works.

Yep it let me open and see "Object etc etc." cat files, when i click them nothing shows up and buttons stay greyed out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

they wont be in the weapons folder if they are stock. the game will call it from the CATs unless you put something into the weapons folder.

same for those ini's, although ive never had any issue not having it in the folder. main thing they appear to do is have a compilation of all the inis for the stock weps/guns (item ini or data ini i dont recall which). but again, ive gotten by just fine without it.

check PM

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, daddyairplanes said:

they wont be in the weapons folder if they are stock. the game will call it from the CATs unless you put something into the weapons folder.

same for those ini's, although ive never had any issue not having it in the folder. main thing they appear to do is have a compilation of all the inis for the stock weps/guns (item ini or data ini i dont recall which). but again, ive gotten by just fine without it.

check PM

Thanks!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Similar Content

    • By JamesWilson
      Hi everyone,
      I'm trying to recreate the 1st Gulf of Sidra Incident with my F-14A Tomcats and my Su-22M3 Fitters, doing it extremely historically accurate, paying attention to every little detail.
      So far i've done everything, and it's almost identical to the real one, but there's ONE issue i can't figure out, let me explain:
      During the morning of the 19th of August 1981 two F-14A Tomcats intercepted two Libyan Su-22M3 Fitters in the Gulf of Sidra.
      The Fitters were equipped with two AA-2 "Atoll".
      Just before the merge, while nose-to-nose, one of the two Fitters fired a missile to one of the two Tomcats, but being the missile a very old and primitive heatseeker, it started tracked and going for the Tomcat, but as soon as the F-14 made a slight break, the Atoll lost its track.
      The PROBLEM IS:
      There's no way i can make the Fitters shoot the missiles before merging, if only the AA-2, or any other equippable missile was all-aspect or radar guided just like the R-23, i think it would work.
      I tried having a head-on merge with two Mig-23 Floggers equipped with radar guided R-23s and they shot at me before merging.
      I tried all other available missiles and nothing changed, some didn't show either.
      I tried copying and pasting the Data file from the Aim-7 to the R-60 Data file, and nothing changed.
      I tried changing the loadout file to R-23, but the Fitters show up without any weapon since there's no R-23 option in loadout for Su-23M3s, so i think it's not possible to have them (and would be historically inaccurate too).
      I tried changing enemy difficulty from Normal to Hard, but nothing changes still.
      The only thing the Fitters do is shooting their guns just before the merge, but no missiles are fired when nose-to-nose.
      Is there a way to fix this? A way i can make my Fitters fire at least one of their missiles when we're nose-to-nose, just like when i got nose-to-nose against Floggers equipped with R-23s?
      Is it a problem with the enemy AI? Or with the missiles? Or maybe even with the Su-22M3 Fitter i'm using?
      Thank you very much for helping me
×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..