Geary

Looking for a good, safe Batch File Converter

Does anyone know of a good, safe batch file converter to convert .bmp files to .jpg?

I just took my Europe install from over 21GB down to 14GB by converting skin texture files from .bmp's to .jpg's. It loads faster now and doesn't rev up my computer as much as it did before.

I'm using the image processor function in Photoshop CC 2015 and it works ok, but you have to convert one folder at a time. 

I haven't learned to use the batch processor in Photoshop yet, but when I tried, it stumped me.  May have another try later.

Need something that allows me to pick and choose multiple folders and doesn't touch the original .bmp's.

Took hours to convert my Europe install.  Trying to cut down the time considering I have about 33 SF2 installs.

Any help is appreciated.

Geary

Geary...when you say "Rev-up" do you mean you can hear your drive go ballistic sound-wise...cause mines been doing that lately when I switching pit to cam ect and im wondering whats up...it did not used to do that with any sim or game...

Major Bloodnot,

This looks good at the site, but won't download.  I'll give it another try later,  Thanks for the info.

Tappedops,

What I mean by rev up is the CPU and GPU call for more power so the power supply, a Corsair 750W PS, revs up to meet the CPU and GPU needs.  Means all the fans kick into high gear, too.

I use XnView, you can set the quality of the .jpg conversion and select all image files you want. The only downside is that once you select a folder, it selects all supported image files, so you may want to remove from the conversion list such image file formats (like .tga files etc.)

blaze95,

Just looked up and downloaded XnConvert.  Will give it a try when I get the time.  Thanks.

I wonder, bump files must remain as bmp or they can be converted to jpg format?

strahi,

I haven't tried converting bump files to jpg, yet.  Mostly I don't use bump maps.  They're usually way too thick and distort the lines.  Not all my bmp's convert well and I have to replace the newly converted jpg with the original bmp.  I may try the bump map conversion with I get some free time.

strahi,

I haven't tried converting bump files to jpg, yet.  Mostly I don't use bump maps.  They're usually way too thick and distort the lines.  Not all my bmp's convert well and I have to replace the newly converted jpg with the original bmp.  I may try the bump map conversion with I get some free time.

roger_that_319.jpg

33 SF2 installs.

Yeah.  I leave two installs alone for the night...and like rabbits, they multiply.  I actually have 34 but one is just a test install.

pixillion Image converter is awesome its like 15 bucks after the trial and works fantastically