I want to push the detail level to see how much my new beast can handle and I tried to search (maybe I used the wrong search word) to tweak the detail mesh on Piecemeals terrain and can't find the file to tweak. Any help is appreciated Thanks.

Falcon

wouldn't that be one (or more) statements in the terrain's data ini??? Probably in the top sections?

wouldn't that be one (or more) statements in the terrain's data ini??? Probably in the top sections?

I'll look again

Falcon

Found Lowdetail and Meddetail. Is that it?

Falcon

Whoops. found it. its in the options ini

Are you wishing to change the distance at which trees and buildings appear? 

No change the detail beyond the in-game settings. I remember talk about changing the detail mesh values. But I can't find the thread discussion.

Falcon

Flightenginesystem.ini

detailmeshsize= entries in kilometers

you might want to check Mue's extra fading trees/buildings shaders, that reqires additional tweaking fo the shaders (juuust two lines in each of two) and ObjectsFade=TRUE in opitions.ini

• Like 1

FalconC45,

I put together Mue's Distance Fix for you in pre-configured folders, one for use with a stock EnvironmentSystem.INI and the other for use with Stary's SARCASM 2.0. Inside the folder for each option is a folder titled "To Mods Folder". Just drop everything inside it into the mods folder you want to use it with. Once you have those files in place you need to open your Options.ini and set "ObjectsFade=FALSE". It is a requirement for Mue's adjustments to work.

Mue's Distance Fix.7z

Once you have tried out the settings I configured the files to use go ahead and make your own adjustments to optimize the horizon distance for your system. Links and info to help you provided below.

Link to Stary's "SARCASM 2.0 Beta" topic thread.

Link to the post with the latest version of "SARCASM 2.0 Beta". Post date 8/19/2015.

Link to Mue's "Extending the drawing distance for fading objects" topic thread.

Link to Mue's "shimmering TODs and target objects" topic thread.

Note1: See the "Extending the drawing distance for fading objects" topic link listed above for info on editing the .FX files themselves.

Note2: The "HorizonDistance=" settings in the FlightEngine.INI must not exceed the "FarClipDistance=" setting under [backgroundSceneClip] and that setting in turn must be less than the "SkyDistance=" setting under [sky] in the EnvironmentSystem.INI.

Inside the EnvironmentSystem.INI file.-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

[sky]
SkyDistance=XXXXXX <-----( Must be more than the [backgroundSceneClip] FarClipDistance=XXXXXX.X in the FlightEngine.INI )

Inside the FlightEngine.INI file.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

[backgroundSceneClip]
FarClipDistance=XXXXXX.X <----( Must be less than [sky] SkyDistance=XXXXXX in the EnvironmentSystem.INI. )
NearClipDistance=3000.0

[ForegroundSceneClip]
FarClipDistance=14000.0
NearClipDistance=0.45

[insideSceneClip]
FarClipDistance=250.0
NearClipDistance=0.01

[LowDetailOption]
HorizonDistance=XXXXXX.X <----( Must be less than [MedDetailOption] HorizonDistance=XXXXXX.X )​
DetailMeshSize=9
DetailLevel=0
WaterEffect=0
NoiseTexture=0
MaxTextureRes=128

[MedDetailOption]
HorizonDistance=XXXXXX.X <-----( Must be less than [HighDetailOption] HorizonDistance=XXXXXX.X )
DetailMeshSize=9
DetailLevel=1
WaterEffect=1
NoiseTexture=0
MaxTextureRes=256

[HighDetailOption]
HorizonDistance=XXXXXX.X <-----( Must be less than [unlimitedDetailOption] HorizonDistance=XXXXXX.X )
DetailMeshSize=14
DetailLevel=2
WaterEffect=2
NoiseTexture=1
MaxTextureRes=512

[unlimitedDetailOption]
HorizonDistance=XXXXXX.X <-----( Must be less than [backgroundSceneClip] FarClipDistance=XXXXXX.X )
DetailMeshSize=18
DetailLevel=2
WaterEffect=2
NoiseTexture=1
MaxTextureRes=-1

KJakker

• Like 1