A couple of shots showing the start of the SCW aircraft fleet.

index.php?app=gallery&module=images&sect

• Like 3

Great model as usual!! I´m starving to see a new He 51 for SCW. Could you take the job Stephen1918?

The Heinkel He 51 was one of the main fighters used by the Nationalist side, so we'll make one soon. Right now, we're focusing on getting some variety and a balance between the two sides so people can start using them.

• Like 2

if any his interested i got near finished AR-68 dont if they were use on Spanish skies or not but i got just to get in game and skins!

• Like 1

if any his interested i got near finished AR-68 dont if they were use on Spanish skies or not but i got just to get in game and skins!

Cocas, a small number of Arado AR 68E were used by the Nationalist side in the Spanish Civil War. So Yes, please upload it when you get it finished, we can always use more planes. Also, I am using FE1, will you make the skins are BMP, please?

problem his i dont have FM had one made by oscar but lost it long ago sadly

sure can make the skin into bmps no problem

Edited by cocas

Yes!  Please upload it when you have finished it - it would be a valuable addition. 

Maybe this one?

I haven't fly it very much and I don't really know if it's good. For true great 30's FMs call Baffmeister

AR-68E_DATA.zip

I've just sent Daniel what I have of the Ar-68, so he can pass it on to you guys. It a complete aircraft, with cockpit (modified Kesselbrut Hurricane pit), bmp skins. I made some generic LW decals, but they're just for stand ins.

here's a screen shot of it from a year or two ago. 

edit: I forgot to include the engine sound, from GregoryP's ww2 AvHistory sounds (Jumo 211 sound)

• Like 2

I don't want to be disrespectful, but it seems the fuselage is too long.

I think so too.

Daniel has the max files, so it should be fixable (at least, I hope he still has them!!   :biggrin: )

i got the max yes i just an accurate info on the lenght of the plane i find to long also! so if any has good specs please share and i fix it worst  that cloud happen his to lose the mapping! and skin but no outher way!

A few historical notes.  Many flight simmers don't realize the sexy-looking Heinkel 51 was a dog, which is why it was replaced so quickly.  My references cite two different occasions when He51s sought shelter from Republican fighters by hiding INSIDE Nationalist bomber formations!

"Ernst Udet, the Inspector of Fighter and Dive-Bomber Pilots, tired of the official vacillation over the Ar-68.  He scheduled a flight competition between himself in the Ar-68 Jumo-powered prototype and an experienced Luftwaffe pilot in an He-51.  shortly after takeoff the outcome became pre-ordained.  Udet out-maneuvered, out-climbed, out-turned and out-fought the he-51 decisively.  The future of the Ar-68 was assured and it entered production in 1936.

However, a shortage of Jumo engines caused the Luftwaffe to order that the Ar-68F variant, powered by the old BMW VI engine, be initially produced.   The AR-68F entered service with I/JG134 "Horst Wessel" in the late summer of 1936, followed shortly by I/JG131 at Jessau in East Prussia. Shortly thereafter, the BMW VI-powered He-51 was found to be completely outclassed by the Polikarpov I-15 when they met in combat over Spain. 

The Luftwaffe responded by changing the production priority and bringing the Jumo-powered Ar-68E into service as quickly as possible.  Between early 1937 and the spring of 1938, the Ar-68E would become the most widely-used fighter in the Luftwaffe, until Bf-109 production allowed the majority of the Jagdgeschwadern to equip with the more modern fighter. "

DIMENSIONS: Ar 68E-1
Wing span: 11m (36 ft. 1 in.)
Length: 9.5m (31 ft. 2 in.)
Height: 3.28m (10 ft. 9 in.)
Wing Surface Area: 27.30²

cocas:  If you are too busy to rework your 3D model, contact me by PM.  Are you willing to send me your model so I can rework it?

post-39531-0-84461500-1466859148_thumb.jpg

post-39531-0-08124300-1466859157.jpg

Edited by Geezer
  • Like 2

im send it over too so if i can be save the specs of  my model are the same the real plane it was the 3-view that completely screwed up!

Daniel gave me permission to do whatever was needed to improve his Ar68.  To make his model, he used a bad drawing - something that happens to all of us.  I've significantly revised his fuselage and landing gear, and will probably add my own flying surfaces.

post-39531-0-16754300-1467032358_thumb.jpg

post-39531-0-23589900-1467032363_thumb.jpg

post-39531-0-45070800-1467032371_thumb.jpg

Edited by Geezer
  • Like 5

Slow but steady progress on Spanish ground objects..  About half the skins are done on this batch of stuff.  Future plans include many new buildings that - gasp! - actually look like buildings instead of cubes.

Edited by Geezer
  • Like 5

Your buildings are beautiful and accurate and moreover give life to this era!

many new buildings that - gasp! - actually look like buildings instead of cubes.

NO NO!! don't do that!!! It could case a catastrophie of biblical proprotions!!!  

:lmao:

I like that little one-span bridge, too. If I may make a suggestion, perhaps have it in sections. center arch span(s), end(s) that way they can be used to reach both sides of a "stream", if "standard" TK tile size, approx 100m in width (allowing for gentle up-and-down slope to the road deck

Great stuff Geezer!!

NO NO!! don't do that!!! It could case a catastrophie of biblical proprotions!!!  

I like that little one-span bridge, too. If I may make a suggestion, perhaps have it in sections. center arch span(s), end(s) that way they can be used to reach both sides of a "stream", if "standard" TK tile size, approx 100m in width (allowing for gentle up-and-down slope to the road deck

The small one-arch bridge is from another mod - I'll play with it to see if it will work in SF/FE.

The buildings concept I am playing with right now is to have two classes of building models - one class simple and one class more complex.  Dunno if it will work, but I'm gonna try it.  Basically, the more complex buildings will be used for individual farms or small villages, while the simpler buildings will be used for larger towns where more buildings (and thus more polys) are needed.

Samples below are the complex building models - only the church is anywhere near finished.

post-39531-0-38386100-1467233763_thumb.jpg

post-39531-0-16180300-1467233779_thumb.jpg

Edited by Geezer
  • Like 6

A couple of more shots.  I realize building a new map from scratch is EXTREMELY time consuming.  However, most maps so far suffer from a lack of clutter - the real world is messy, not stark and simple.  So to reduce the map making workload a bit, I hope to make clutter an integral part of the models. 

post-39531-0-43045000-1467235612_thumb.jpg

post-39531-0-78905500-1467235624_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Steve and I are going slowly, but still making progress.  Shots below show a problem with the CR32 - note no shadow for most of the fuselage.  I've also started new skins for Steve's excellent I-15. 

• Like 8

cut the fuselage in two or more pieces the game engine start to screw up wend a mesh his above 3k polys more or less

cut the fuselage in two or more pieces the game engine start to screw up wend a mesh his above 3k polys more or less

Thanks!  I'll modify the fuselage and see what happens.

no problem just something that has happen to me before and how i fixed it!

im more then glad to help!