Hi, 

First time posting. 

I have a fully merged setup, with separate mod folders, one specifically for the A&G expansion.

My problem is the A6A and A6B both have tanks showing on all pylons, although not select. Even with other weapons, the drop tanks still show. For the A it has the textures, and B they are just Black. 

I have read countless articles, and search through all the .ini files, but i cant find the route cause of the problem. 

I haven't modded these in any way, just followed the A&G expansion installation. 

Any help would be appreciative. 

BD

post-93957-0-53881900-1489309625_thumb.jpg

post-93957-0-40112800-1489309626_thumb.jpg

This is probably caused by out-dated data.ini. Try reverting back to default ones

Thanks for the reply. Where could i find the original ones? 

This was straight out of the box with the A&G mod. All other folders i have checked don't have an original Data.ini

BD

I also noticed some Issues with the EA 6B, specifically the tail hook not coming down. 

Has anyone else had these problems with the Air and ground expansion? 

Most the other aircraft are fine so far. But i really like the A6 and EA-6B. 

Thanks for the reply. Where could i find the original ones? 

This was straight out of the box with the A&G mod. All other folders i have checked don't have an original Data.ini

BD

Just delete or rename the data.ini from the A&G mod. The game will just pick up the default one located in the .cat files. If you want, you can extract it using the cat extractor tool

That's fantastic. You were absolutely right. Thanks Heaps. 

This worked for the A6-A, however am i right in saying the A6-B or EA-6B didn't exist in the original game? I tired deleting thier Data.ini's as well, however they become unavailable in the game. 

Or would you suggest i extract the A6-A data,ini from the Cad file, then place into each A6-B and EA-6B?

Thanks again Stuntman.

Edited by BrockyD

And thanks Also RustyKurnass. A6-A is fixed, A6-B and EA-6B still have an issue.

These files are the A-6A, A-6B, and EA-6A from my install.

SF2VAGXP A-6.7z

Backup the A-6's from your SF2:V Air & Ground War Expansion by cutting and pasting them to a safe place on your hard drive and then replace them by copying and pasting the attached files and see if they work.

I just tested them in my SF2:V A&G Expansion and they were working fine for me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

What is the patch level of your sim?  This is from the readme of the Sep2013 update:

FIXES

- cartoonishly large explosion debris reduced in bomb explosion and flak
  effects for Dec2009 & later patch levels
- A-6A/B Intruder drop tanks fixed on May2011 & later patch levels
- SouthVietnam terrain tweaked to prevent VPAF MiGs from intruding
- CBU-14As & CBU-25s fixed to allow AI pilots to use them properly

If you're patched to Mar2012 or later you have addition files to install, which includes A-6 data files for all the A-6's.

In the Sep2013 update the data files have data lines added to the end of each weapons station and I think this is what fixes the fixed wing tanks:

FuelTankNodeName=droptank_outer_L

I originally had the same problem and after reading the Readme's from top to bottom found that there was a fix and realized I must have missed a step or incorrectly copied over the latest data files.

this is simple because, in sf2, the drop tanks are part of the physical model (the aircraft's lod). Several of patches changed how the node names were stated.

@Czech - Im running Jul 2013 update, the latest i believe - I followed the instructions flawlessly, still had the issue. Including the extra step, which didn't resolve anything. You were also right about the Data.ini, however after testing i noticed it still had some texture problems, but Kjakkers files fixed them.

@KJakker Thanks so much for your files, this fixed them all. It would seem some of the files were missing in my install. Like Pilots, TGA files, and decals. I even double check the A&G original zip files, and these files you gave me are not part of it. Maybe it needs an update? 

Thanks all for you help. Loving the support. 

One last question in case anyone has notice, the EA-6B has some strange flight characteristics like flaps wont deploy unless your almost stalling, and the tall hook seems to be a problem. IE, when you retract your flaps up after take off, the hook automatically appears for no reason, and when you are trying to deploy the hook, it will only work if your in take off flaps, not landing. Do any of you have the same problems? 

BD

Edited by BrockyD

And thanks Also RustyKurnass. A6-A is fixed, A6-B and EA-6B still have an issue.

You're welcome,but in reality you'll be thanks Wrench,as it solved my same problem,I've only reported the fix!

thanks Kjakker for this update, i was banging my head against the wall trying to fix the drop tanks on the A-6s.... your files fixed them all! saved me time and money from buying razbam's a-6.

Thanks a lot, gotta move the mudspikes!!

Happy new year!!

• Like 1

I too was disappointed with the black tanks on the A-6A. I couldn't figure out how to fix it, so I installed a cockpit in the AI version of the A-6A that comes with SF2. I use the Razbam cockpit in the A-6A and the old TK A-6A cockpit in the A-6E.

Installing cockpits in AI aircraft is a technique that's been with us since SF1 began. There's even an how-to-do-it guide in the huge SF1 Knowledge database.