Sign in to follow this  
UllyB

limited nation list parameter

Please tell me, is it enough to put in terrain's nation.ini a limited nation list and I will see only THOSE enemy and friendly planes in that list or it doesn't work that way ?

I think that is the way. But you also have to check if those planes were exported ... userlist.ini

I had the same thing with SAMs. Now I can set a specific one to show up by setting EnemyNation=Mali  and setting export within the narrow timeframe of my test mission available as VERY COMMON.

for AI generated things yes. only include the nations you want participating, and keep in mind to check the nation in the object's ini youre wanting to include, we are an international community and many folks tend to focus on their home country.

as for Mali, are they already set as a stock enemy nation? otherwise i would think you have to create another nation in the main nations list with new dates and affiliation

Edited by daddyairplanes

Mali was just a random pick of mine, I didnt want to touch the nations.ini :lol:

I think that is the way. But you also have to check if those planes were exported ... userlist.ini

remember, that doesn't exist in 1stGen games, only SF2

Well I checked, it won't work even if I stated that in map's ini file. Still , on Europe map, appear egyptians planes etc. Does anyone know what must be done exactly to have just the planes you want on a given map please ? Kevin I know you stressed before that you only answer to matter for SF2 series only, but couldn't you please, once, make an exception and let me know how to do it ? I really tried to strive by myself but it seems that is not enough and it is really important to me. A workaround would be to make all the planes I don't want disappear in a hidden folder as long as I want to play map X, but I would like to find another way.

The only way is to make a specific installation for the war theater you want to play.

For instance one for Europe, one for Vietnam, one for Korea, one for Israel, one for the persian gulf, one for WW2 North Africa. etc.pp

• Like 1

Please tell me, is it enough to put in terrain's nation.ini a limited nation list and I will see only THOSE enemy and friendly planes in that list or it doesn't work that way ?

The Terrains main ini needs

LimitedNations=TRUE

in the [Terrain] section for the list to work

I did that,  it still won't work (other nation aircraft other than in the list still appear in the theater, ex arab planes in Europe map etc) and in some cases , when specific map is loaded, the game crashes. The only way it works it's the HARD way, meaning you have to get out of the aicraft folder all other planes you don't need , but still there 's a problem, you have to rebuild the CAT for aircraft and delete them from there (the ones you don't want them), which is insane anyway.

Edited by UllyB

Ah.. the limit entries is a SF2 thing...

You can set up a campaign with the planes you want to fight against

Or for quick setups, use the Dogfight tool