Sign in to follow this  
macelena

Dunkirk

Christopher Nolan acknowledged that the editing was risky and kind of experimental, but the photography was awesome. Have some quirks with some stuff, wich you may have if you saw the movie, but overall i enjoyed it. 

Anyone else mind to share their thoughts?

Yep, seen it and enjoyed it, quite realistic and daunting. Kenneth Brannah held a great deal of the movie together with his portrayal of a Naval Commander who is tasked with getting the soldiers evacuated from the beaches whilst under constant air attack.

The only small criticism I can make is appearance of the fake Me-109 which is infact a Spanish HA-1112 Buchon, but nevertheless I thought it was good enough to add to my movie collection whenever it becomes available on DVD.

I would give it 4 stars out of five.  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:

Yep, seen it and enjoyed it, quite realistic and daunting. Kenneth Brannah held a great deal of the movie together with his portrayal of a Naval Commander who is tasked with getting the soldiers evacuated from the beaches whilst under constant air attack.

The only small criticism I can make is appearance of the fake Me-109 which is infact a Spanish HA-1112Buchon , but nevertheless I thought it was good enough to add to my movie collection whenever it becomes available on DVD.

I would give it 4 stars out of five.  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:

Yah even 50 years ago there were no shortage of spanish CASAs and ME-108s in the WW-2 movies. I'm looking forward to this movie tho.

CL

I liked the old movie from 1964 much more. Title: Weekend at Dunekirk

The only small criticism I can make is appearance of the fake Me-109 which is infact a Spanish HA-1112 Buchon, but nevertheless I thought it was good enough to add to my movie collection whenever it becomes available on DVD.

Actually, I think the fake WWII ships were more obvious than the buchon (reminded me of Pearl Harbor). that aside, I enjoyed the movie.

I just watched it yesterday. The chopped, criss-crossed narration style is more interesting than the theme itself: quite disturbing at first, but finally, it makes the intense moments even more intense by the second part of the movie. I can see that footages were really shot on the actual place: the thick white clouds of salt foam on the beaches are typical when walking along this coast. Yet the weather was reported to be better here on this ending Spring 1940: an evacuation on a completely flat sea. Also one can see in the countryside modern cranes for containers, that look quite anachronistic. Good point for the absurd tight 'vic' formation of the RAF planes: hard this way to watch out for the Hun in the sun... All in all, a good movie, I won't say unforgettable.

Gepard, an amusing part of "Week-end at Dunkirk" was the materialization of an Allied delusion of those days, with German spies of the 'fifth column' dressed as nuns! German spies were seen everywhere (in this new movie "Dunkirk" too, aboard the fishing boat), but nuns, hum, I don't think so...