Sign in to follow this  
pappychksix

Aircraft Folder Problems

Hey guys...was doing a Hi-Rez F-15 and when I entered into the game (SF2) found that ALL aircraft appeared in the list. Exited game, removed ALL folders except F-15A and re=-entered the game.  ALL the default aircraft again appeared,. Did a COMPLETE re-install of all the sims (SF2, SF2V, SF2E, SF2I and SF2NA. )  Removed all default AC and added only my F-15A. Opened game....ALL the default aircraft reappeared....HELP!!! Hopefully someone can help ma with a solution...

Thanx, Pete

t

I had this problem a while back, and I think the solution is to make the main sim INI file (the one that goes with the sim EXE file, so yours is probably StrikeFighters2.INI) as Read-Only (right-click on the INI file, and under Properties check the Read-Only box, and apply).

As well as the Read-Only property on the sim INI file, I think you also have to have at least one friendly and one enemy aircraft in your aircraft set, or all the stock aircraft will repopulate.

So leave a MiG in, as well as your F-15A.

Try this Pete:

- Remove all Folders (excluding your F-15 folder) from the Aircraft directory.

- Protect the Aircraft folder against writing. (properties, then mark it read only)

That should work...

same fix as the WW2 installs -- just what G20 said, but you don't/shouldn't need to mess with the game's main ini. Never had to do it before, and never had a problem.

On 19/1/2018 at 8:36 AM, Soulfreak said:

Try this Pete:

- Remove all Folders (excluding your F-15 folder) from the Aircraft directory.

- Protect the Aircraft folder against writing. (properties, then mark it read only)

That should work...

It doesn't. I have the same issue as pappychksix , I guess it has something to do with W10.

This problem is making me crazy. Each time I execute the game the aircraft folder repopulates and destroys my previous work. It is insane!

For my part, I created a backup of all the modified ini files. And when the game decide to reset itself, I just have to copy / paste my backup.

It's the best solution I found...

winbloze 10 - what a fine product!!