KJakker

Graphics Card Price Spike.

Was anyone else here aware of this? I only found out because I came across the video below. There goes my plan to build a new system this year.

Yep.  I did my upgrade last year and paid up for a 1080ti.  At the time, mine (an evga) cost about $730.  Current asking price for the same model is $1250 on newegg as of today.  Memory, too, has gone up, but not so ridiculously.  Supposedly, brick and mortar stores like Best Buy haven't been as affected from a pricing standpoint, but a lot of their stock is sold out.  Sucks for builds at the moment!

I bought an MSI GTX 1080 for $470 from NewEgg last spring and want to get another one so my son's PC can run an Oculus Rift. I was astounded to find my exact card going for around $1,200. Maybe I should sell my card and give up gaming for a while, then buy 2 when the prices come back down... if they ever do. This must be heaven for nVidia and AMD since all of their cards with good bitcoin performance have sold out like crazy. I wish a thousand deaths to the digital currency market so that I can afford to keep building decent flight sim PCs.

Didn't see this coming...thought the prices might go up if Desktops became less popular.

I can wait.............the 780 is still pretty good for what I use it for.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By JamesWilson
      Hi everybody,
      I have a very big issue in Strike Fighters 2, which i also had on Strike Fighters Project 1 before: whenever a radio communication is given (wingman, HQ, etc...) the game FREEZES for a couple of seconds.
      I tried EVERY SINGLE THING (lowering graphical settings, selecting my dedicated graphical card as default...)
      Nothing changed.
      I discovered that the problem is related to the audio communications files, since i tried deleting all radio chatter files from SFP1 game directory, and the issue is gone, no more stutters or freezes.
      The only thing is that i can only play the game without any form of radio communications, just ambience, weapons and plane sounds... that's kinda bad
      SO, I finally found out the problem is related to these files, i tried changing the audio channels into the in-game settings, switching from 16 to 8, to 24 and 32... I don't need to tell you that NOTHING HAPPENED.
      In conclusion, what can i do?
      I'm desperate since i can't find anything similar on the internet, and no one seems to have my same problem, so i can't find any solution.
      I thought that it was related just to the old SFP1, since it could maybe have some optimization problem on newer machines... but the exact same happened as soon as i played SF2 for the first time.
      I REALLY NEED YOUR HELP, and i thank you A LOT for helping me out, cause i really really have no idea of what to do to play it with radio chatter without being LITERALLY UNPLAYABLE
      Thank you all again

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..