Been playing SF2V for a bit now, been enjoying it quite a bit. I was just playing a mission, and as a flicked around I found a whole flight of planes with no textures, F-8. Now I just assumed that it was because I had installed the Air and ground war expansion mod improperly, but when I went into the files it was there, with all of it's textures and ini files for all variant. It was when I went back into the game when I realized that I could select it to fly at all, none of the drop down menus had it selectable. 

A little help?

No textures as in the plane is not appearing or no textures as in it appears but shows up in all black?  The plane should work fine in SF2V, since it is a stock model in that game.  It could be your expansion is trying to render a squadron that isn't installed.

The plane is there, just all black.

And just to clarify, I meant I couldn't select the plane.

Edited by Saden

Oh, well now the entire game is broken.

Map is just a blank white slate, no hangar pics for most aircraft. I deleted the mod folder and when I went back into the game, no campaigns were selectable. Uninstalled and reinstalled a couple times, still screwed. Woops.

And now the game crashes whenever I click on campaigns.

This game is a real pain in the ass.

Edited by Saden

Where did you purchase the game from? I would suggest downloading the exe file again.

indeed, sounds like something's very broken; like not all the pieces are there.

delete the mods folder completly. Don't save anything.

create a new, clean, untouched SF2V mods folder. Start the game and see if all the "usual suspects" show up; all the player flyables, the maps, etc. DO NOT ADD ANYTHING!!! 

Now the important question: where did you get the game from?

5 hours ago, Wrench said:

indeed, sounds like something's very broken; like not all the pieces are there.

delete the mods folder completly. Don't save anything.

create a new, clean, untouched SF2V mods folder. Start the game and see if all the "usual suspects" show up; all the player flyables, the maps, etc. DO NOT ADD ANYTHING!!! 

Now the important question: where did you get the game from?

Sorry for the late reply. 

Got it from right here: https://store.thirdwire.com/store_p1.htm
Not sure of any other place where I could get it legally. Not sure how the pieces fell out of place, I never touched the actual game files just the mod folder. It worked solidly for a day too, vanilla. Not sure if Win 10 would be causing any of these issues. Downloading the exe now.

Edited by Saden

legally implies getting it anywhere other than where you got it from.

cant speak to your system, but just updated Win10 on my system  this week and Crusaders are still present in untouched installs. had to double check as i pulled them and some others from my usual installs for a smaller dropdown list

7 hours ago, daddyairplanes said:

legally implies getting it anywhere other than where you got it from.

cant speak to your system, but just updated Win10 on my system  this week and Crusaders are still present in untouched installs. had to double check as i pulled them and some others from my usual installs for a smaller dropdown list

I don't understand what you mean, but reinstalling the exe fixed everything.