Open Club  ·  12 members

Sign in to follow this  
VonBeerhofen

New bullet impact routine for EAWPRO

Since stock v1.2's gunvalues don't allow the gun's full ranges to be used and the weapon names don't work when values are in between two callibres the routine was rewritten. It will allow deviations from the standard hitpower without loosing the weapon names and adds the possibillity of a 50mm weapon or higher.

The stock values are 2, 4, 12, 24, however any single byte value can be used, so the maximum hitpower value can be 255. That would probably be a callibre the size of a medieval canonball or so, which is obviously not very usefull but it can be set. I've choosen 36 for the 50mm, since the value is the same when the 20 and 30 mm hitpower values are added up which I think will be a reasonable representation of the weapon.

Ofcourse the ME262's nosemounted .88 is also a feasable option and I should have it's value somewhere when we tested it with an RAF pilot and friend, may he rest in peace, who flew Meteors in the Korean war and who also described the weapon's devastation

It principally means that there's more room to precisely modify the PLANES.DAT's weapon's values to more historical accurate hitpower of weapons, which by default aren't incorporated. Another advantage is that in combination with the plane's armour values planes can be better ballanced against each other in terms of matching the planes advantages/disadvantages vs the other planes.

Ofcourse the routine was optimised to run much faster, :)

VonBeerhofen

Edited by VonBeerhofen

Don't worry guys, I don't have any use for Mr. Jelly's tools, although I do occasionally use them. The tools I have develloped are way more sophisticated. As I said the ME262 with the .88 nose canon was tested to work fine in the Launchpad long ago. These are just hex values in a file and any hexeditor can change them.

If I recall Mark is right, there is an earlier version which allows direct editing of the gun values, not sure if it's still active in later versions. It could have been the value in the top left pane, which shows the adress locations and the set value. I just no longer really need them but they served their purpose pretty well.

VonBeerhsofen

Edited by VonBeerhofen

You do whatever you must do Mr. Jelly, I have no need for your tools, as I told you on multiple occasions, why do you keep offering them? My hexeditor can enter ANY field in ANY file with ANY number. It can even change entire columns with a specific range of values with or without a certain amount of randomness, there's really nothing like it. It for instance can randomise a single object's postion in the EAW_TTD where ever that object is sitting in the file, or ANY range of TMODS.

It can copy paste just those objects into a new file, so they're all sitting behind each other, the object or entire blocks of objects can be moved a line up or down or 100 lines, without destroying the data in that line, reverse or rotate the data, invert or encrypt their values, add or subtract a single value to a column, line or an entire block in which certain positions can remain untouched, it's possibillities are almost beyond comprehension and is the most powerfull tool I have ever created. Even today after 10 years of use I get new ideas on how to use it

It can do this to all filetypes in EAW, including all 30 planes in the PLANES.DAT. I hope you can do something with that information because it renders all your editors practically obsolete I'm sorry to say. So I don't think there's any problem whatsoever and what you say only goes for your tool, which I'm obviously not using. It's just a hexadecimal value in a file and anyone can take control of it.

VonBeerhsofen

Edited by VonBeerhofen

I've been able to add 5 new weapon callibres and descriptions to EAWPRO. 3 of these are now in use and 2 remain open for whenever they're needed. The 50mm was already mentioned, as was the 8.8cm and the newest one is the 13mm which can double as a handweapon in a WWI scenario. I have no idea as to what the two remaining ones should be sensibly called.

Weapons like the 25mm Japanese guns can be set now too or anything in between the other stock callibres and will use the nearest discription entry in the above displayed program. Anything in between the default callibres and the new ones will do the same, where obviously the 13mm displays as a machine gun and the 50mm and 8.8cm display as canons.

VonBeerhofen

FWIW, I've been hexediting since about 1993, it is a perfectly fine way to make changes to all sorts of data.

However, in Jel's defense, his editors are just the ticket for speed and ease of use compared to manipulating data in base 16.

Far as I'm concerned there's no flame war here, hasn't been any name calling, or disparaging of other people's contributions, just a discussion about the best way to edit EAW data.

Why not see if it stays congenial?

A congenial discussion would do the EAW community a world of good and who know, it might get a member or two to give EAW modding a try.

You can always shut it down if it goes off the rails.

It's not about starting flamewars but preventing them, and about posting useless information which is irrellevant for EAWPRO and it's players and can only lead to confusion and possibly the destruction of their version of EAWPRO when they use programs which were not specifically designed for EAWPRO.

It's also about breaking an agreement to which you committed yourself in a previous thread. You're obvioulsy not willing to honour that agreement which makes your comment highly provocative and indicates you're challenging Stratos's decisions and not respecting his request to stay in your own threads.

Locked threads are not in the interest of EAWPRO and will merely have a negative influence on both EAWPRO as well as this forum and tend to drive members away as happened in another forum. Stay on your own side of the road as I do!

VonBeerhofen

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By JamesWilson
      Hi everyone,
      I recently got into weapon modding and wanted to edit some missiles.
      I went for the Weapons Folder with the Weapons Editor, and some weapons were missing, even tho i can see them and equip them in-game.
      I wanted to edit the AA-2D Atoll for my Su-22M3, but there's no AA-2 folder inside Weapons folder, nor inside plane folder, even tho the missile is equippable and i can see it/use it in-game.
      Since there's no Atoll folder, i have no idea how is it possible for me to have it in-game, and even less i know on how am i supposed to edit it through Weapons Editor, since i can't select the folder.
      I thought it may be a sort of "built-in-game" missile and for this reason not showing in weapons folder (idk i just made an hypothesis).
      So i tried using the CAT Extractor, but seems like not working... no matter which CAT file i select, it says "error opening this .CAT file, no files can be extracted", how's that? How do i fix it? Am i doing something wrong?
      Thank you in advance for helping me fixing all these issues or helping me find what i'm doing wrong
    • By MarkEAW
      Okay here's the first release of it.
      I forgot to mention in the readme that its hooked for direct input and has a virtual joystick.
      That will allow you to configure the game flight controls to keyboard and cam to mouse.
      (I don't think the virtual Joystick if selected in game will work) Its best to stay with keyboard until you get a physical joystick.

EAWPRO DXWnd Profile
      https://www.mediafire.com/file/sia0o8hby2r44tm/EAWPRO10_(Basic)-DXWnd.zip/file

For this Wrapper Program
      http://sourceforge.net/projects/dxwnd/

• By AcariaPlainum
      Hey i was working on modifying missiles and came across sustainer acceleration and sustainer duration. I wanted to know what it does

• By Righteous26
      I have placed folders with modified .ini files in the mods/.../Weapons folder for certain weapons that would otherwise be available at the time of a campaign I am working on. The weapons still show up as available on the arming screens, however. Is there another way to remove weapons from a campaign? Simply removing the folders does not seem to work as the game pulls default weapons from the .cat files.
    • By Eagle114th
      Hello everyone,
      While I was working on SF2 new MENU / GUI project, I realized that I really want to finish working on updating an ordinance list.  The reasons:

I missed the old day of Jane's FA when I could view the list of ordinance that is separated between AA (Air to Air) / AS (Air to Surface).  I decided to work on it, so anyone who wants this can also enjoy SF2 with new ordinance list.  

I created the notes with abbreviations I am using for the list.  The feedbacks are welcomed as always.  I will happily update the list if the community wants to see any abbreviations modified, changed, or added.  Here is the list:
      Abbreviations -------------------------------------------------------- <MISSILE PLATFORM - TYPES> AAM AIR TO AIR MISSILE ALCM AIR-LAUNCHED CRUISE MISSILE AGM AIR TO GROUND MISSILE ARM ANTI-RADIATION MISSILE ASM AIR TO SURFACE MISSILE AShM ANTI-SHIP MISSILE M-SAM MOBILE SAM SAM SURFACE TO AIR MISSILE <MISSILE - GUIDANCE TYPES> ARH ACTIVE RADAR HOMING CG COMMAND GUIDANCE CLOS COMMAND TO LINE-OF-SIGHT SARH SEMI-ACTIVE RADAR HOMING LG LASER-GUIDANCE LOSBR LINE-OF-SIGHT BEAM RIDING INS INERTIAL NAVIGATION SYSTEM IR INFRARED HOMING IIR IMAGING INFRARED GUI TGM TELEVISION GUIDANCE TV ELECTRO-OPTICAL GUIDANCE RA RADAR ALTIMETER GUIDANCE RC RADIO COMMAND RL RADIO LINK <BOMB - TYPES> CBU (CLUSTER BOMB UNIT) FFD FREE-FALL DEMOLITION GBU (GLIDE BOMB UNIT) GPB GENERAL-PURPOSE BOMB LGB LASER-GUIDED BOMB LDGPB LOW-DRAG GENERAL-PURPOSE BOMB NPB NAPALM BOMB PGM PRECISION GUIDED MUNITION <ROCKET - TYPES> AP ARMOR PIERCING FFAR FOLDING-FIN AIRCRAFT ROCKET HE HIGH EXPLOSIVE HVAR HIGH VELOCITY AIRCRAFT ROCKET <OTHER> DT DROP TANK ECM ELECTRONIC COUNTERMEASURES GP GUN POD RACK ORDINANCE RACK RL ROCKET LAUNCHER RP ROCKET PROJECTILE TGP TARGETING POD
      Here is the updated list of SF2 ordinances:
      NOTE: You will see duplicated names for drop tanks, don't worry about it.  It is connected to the aircraft.  You won't see duplicated drop tanks in SF2 Menu. This list is directly copied from weapondata. 
      The list is still WIP, there are probably mistakes I have not seen before.  So please let me know if you see anything needs fixing in the list.

<AIR TO AIR MISSILES> (AAM) AIM-4D Falcon (IR) (AAM) AIM-7D Sparrow (SARH) (AAM) AIM-7E Sparrow (SARH) (AAM) AIM-7E-2 Sparrow (SARH) (AAM) AIM-7E-4 Sparrow (SARH) (AAM) AIM-7F Sparrow (SARH) (AAM) AIM-7M Sparrow (SARH) (AAM) AIM-7P Sparrow (SARH) (AAM) AIM-9B Sidewinder (IR) (AAM) AIM-9D Sidewinder (IR) (AAM) AIM-9E Sidewinder (IR) (AAM) AIM-9E-2 Sidewinder (IR) (AAM) AIM-9F Sidewinder (IR) (AAM) AIM-9G Sidewinder (IR) (AAM) AIM-9H Sidewinder (IR) (AAM) AIM-9J Sidewinder (IR) (AAM) AIM-9L Sidewinder (IR) (AAM) AIM-9M Sidewinder (IR) (AAM) AIM-9N Sidewinder (IR) (AAM) AIM-9P Sidewinder (IR) (AAM) AIM-9P-2 Sidewinder (IR) (AAM) AIM-9P-3 Sidewinder (IR) (AAM) AIM-9P-4 Sidewinder (IR) (AAM) AIM-9P-5 Sidewinder (IR) (AAM) AIM-54A Phoenix (SARH / ARH) (AAM) Matra R.530 (SARH / IR) (AAM) Matra R.530E (SARH / IR) (AAM) Matra R.550 Magic (IR) (AAM) Matra R.550 Magic 2 (IR) (AAM) Shafrir-1 (IR) (AAM) Shafrir-2 (IR) (AAM) Python-3 (IR) (AAM) Firestreak (IR) (AAM) Red Top (IR) (AAM) Sky Flash (SARH) (AAM) V3A Kukri (IR) (AAM) V3B Kukri (IR) (AAM) RS-2US "AA-1 Alkali-B" (LOSBR) (AAM) R-3S "AA-2 Atoll-A" (IR) (AAM) R-13M "AA-2 Atoll-D" (IR) (AAM) R-23R "AA-7 Apex-A" (SARH) (AAM) R-23T "AA-7 Apex-B" (IR) (AAM) R-24R "AA-7 Apex-C" (SARH) (AAM) R-24T "AA-7 Apex-D" (IR) (AAM) R-60T "AA-8 Aphid-A" (IR) (AAM) R-60M "AA-8 Aphid-B" (IR) -------------------------------------------- < BOMBS > (CBU) CBU-24B Cluster Bomb (CBU) Mk.20 Rockeye II (FFD) M-117 750-lb Bomb (GPB) AN-M57 250-lb Bomb (GPB) AN-M64 500-lb Bomb (GPB) UK 250-lb Bomb (GPB) UK 540-lb Bomb (GPB) UK 1000-lb Bomb (GPB) FAB-100 100-kg Bomb (GPB) FAB-250 250-kg Bomb (GPB) FAB-500 500-kg Bomb (LDGPB) Mk.81 250-lb Bomb (LDGPB) Mk.82 500-lb Bomb (LDGPB) Mk.82 Snakeye (LDGPB) Mk.83 1000-lb Bomb (LDGPB) Mk.84 2000-lb Bomb (LGB) GBU-12 Paveway (LG) (LGB) GBU-12 Paveway II (LG) (LGB) GBU-10 Paveway (LG) (LGB) GBU-10 Paveway II (LG) (NPB) BLU-1 Napalm (PGM) Mk.1 Walleye I (TGM) (PGM) Mk.5 Walleye II (TGM) (PGM) Mk.21 Walleye I ERDL (TGM) (PGM) Mk.23 Walleye II ERDL (TGM) (PGM) GBU-8 HOBOS (TGM) -------------------------------------------- <AIR TO GROUND MISSILES> (ARM) AGM-45A Shrike (ARM) AGM-45B Shrike (ARM) AGM-78A Standard ARM (ARM) AGM-78B Standard ARM (ARM) AGM-78C Standard ARM (ARM) AGM-78D Standard ARM (AShM) AGM-84A Harpoon (RA / ARH) (AShM) AGM-84C Harpoon (RA / ARH) (AShM) AGM-84D Harpoon (RA / ARH) (AShM) K-10S "AS-2 Kipper" (INS / RL) (AShM) Kh-22 "AS-4 Kitchen" (INS / ARH) (ALCM / AShM) KSR-5 "AS-6 Kingfish" (INS / ARH) (ASM) AGM-65A Maverick (TV) (ASM) AGM-65B Maverick (TV) -------------------------------------------- <ROCKET LAUNCHERS> (RL) LAU-3 Rocket Pod (RL) LAU-10 Rocket Pod (RL) LAU-32 Rocket Pod (RL) LAU-33 Rocket Pack (RL) Matra 155 Rocket Pod (RL) 2" Microcell Rocket Pack (RL) 2" Microcell Rocket Pack (RL) JL-100 Rocket Pod (RL) UB-16-57 Rocket Pod (RL) UB-32-57 Rocket Pod -------------------------------------------- <GUN PODS> (GP) SUU-11 Gun Pod (7.62x51mm) (GP) SUU-23 Gun Pod (20mm) (GP) Mk.4 Gun Pod (20mm) (GP) 30mm Aden Gun Pack -------------------------------------------- <DROP TANKS> (DT) 75-gal Drop Tank (DT) 100-gal Drop Tank (DT) 150-gal Drop Tank (DT) 170-gal Drop Tank (DT) 195-gal Drop Tank (DT) 175-gal Ventral Drop Tank (DT) 200-gal Drop Tank (DT) 230-gal Drop Tank (DT) 250-gal Drop Tank (DT) 275-gal Drop Tank (DT) 280-gal Drop Tank (DT) 300-gal Drop Tank (DT) 335-gal Drop Tank (DT) 370-gal Drop Tank (DT) 450-gal Drop Tank (DT) 500-ltr Supersonic Tank (DT) 600-gal Drop Tank (DT) 610-gal Drop Tank (DT) 625-ltr Drop Tank (DT) 650-gal Drop Tank (DT) 1300-ltr Drop Tank (DT) 1700-ltr Drop Tank (DT) 293-gal Drop Tank -------------------------------------------- <RACKS> (RACK) A/A37B-5 TER (RACK) A/A-37B-6 MER (RACK) NAPGACH (RACK) Harrier Twin Store Carrier (RACK) Mirage Twin Bomb Rack (RACK) LAU-88A/A (RACK) LAU-105 DRA (RACK) F-105 Twin AIM-9 Rail (RACK) RPK10 Bomb Rack Fuel (RACK) APU-60-II -------------------------------------------- <TARGETING POD> (TGP) AN/AVQ-23A/B Pave Spike -------------------------------------------- <ECM> (ECM) AN/ALQ-71 (ECM) AN/ALQ-101 (ECM) AN/ALQ-119 (ECM) AN/ALQ-131 -------------------------------------------- <SAM> (SAM) RIM-2F Terrier HTR-3 (SARH) (SAM) RIM-7E Sea Sparrow (SARH) (SAM) RIM-7H NATO Sea Sparrow (SARH) (SAM) RIM-66B Standard MR (SARH) (SAM) "SA-2B Guideline Mod 1" (CG) (SAM) "SA-2C Guideline Mod 2" (CG) (SAM) "SA-2E Guideline Mod 4" (CG) (SAM) "SA-2F Guideline Mod 5" (CG) (SAM) "SA-6A Gainful" (CG / SARH) (SAM) "SA-N-3 Goblet" (RC / SARH) -------------------------------------------- <MOBILE SAM> (M-SAM) "SA-8 Gecko Mod 0" (CLOS) (M-SAM) "SA-8B Gecko Mod 1" (CLOS) (M-SAM) "SA-N-1B Goa" (CLOS) (M-SAM) "SA-N-4 Gecko" (CLOS)
      I will share the progress of this mod through time.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..