Wrench

Last ARIZONA survivor returned to his ship

-S-

There is nothing better than meeting and conversing with people that lived through major historical events. We are losing so many so fast from WW2 to through Vietnam. The saddest part of watching the WW2 generation fade away is knowing that their history is slowly but surely being forgotten by the majority of people who simply don't care about history.

• Thanks 3

12 hours ago, streakeagle said:

There is nothing better than meeting and conversing with people that lived through major historical events. We are losing so many so fast from WW2 to through Vietnam. The saddest part of watching the WW2 generation fade away is knowing that their history is slowly but surely being forgotten by the majority of people who simply don't care about history.

Couldn't agree more. As a youngster, I see how many of my generation take so much for granted...

Not quite the last survivor.  There are 3 more, one of them locally here whom I spoke about at our annual Dec 7th Ceremony where I was the keynote speaker.  

Bruner is the last to be interred in the Arizona.  The remaining 3 will be laid to rest when their time comes with their families in their homes.  

Fair Winds and Following Seas

:salute:

• Thanks 1

-S-