I have seen some screenshots of those peculiar prototype bombers. I wasn't able to find them anywhere here at CA. Are those from Capun's A-Team?

If so, it's a pity we don't have "freeware" ones at CA. They seem a fun addition to the roster of what-if/experimental aircraft.

Edited by Menrva

Yeah, they're A-Team's. And they're not... great, or at least the ones I have are pretty buggy. Although, I think Wrench might have busted out the duct tape and had a crack at the FMs, though I'm not 100%. He'll likely reply to this shortly. He knows all and sees all... :)

• Haha 1

And, thus, I am like unto a god. Like Dr Manhattan, I precieve Time in a different way than mortals.  :lol:

Actually, all I did with it was extrapolate serial numbers, and other minor small changes. I may have them archived someplace, but not sure!!

On a note of trivia, the 35s and 49s were built about 10 miles from where I'm sitting in West Los Angeles. I pass by Northrop Field (now Hawthorne Airport) 4 times a week heading to the mother-in-laws house. It's just south of the 105 Freeway. I ALWAYS think about the Wings as I drive by (i'm one of those people that are fascinated by to opposite ends of the avaition spectrum -- flying boats and flying wings.)

I saw the N9 fly at Chino some years back, and actually touched it (when no one was looking!) Such a sad day when it was lost in a crash recently.

• Like 1

Just now, Wrench said:

-- flying boats and flying wings.

:good::good::good:

lol, see, told you he'd respond. :wink:

6 hours ago, Wrench said:

I saw the N9 fly at Chino some years back, and actually touched it (when no one was looking!)

So glad to know I'm not the only one who does this. I did the same with the prototype F-14D on the Intrepid in NY during my first trip to the US. Even filmed it to taunt my bud who's a huge Tomcat fan. :smile:

• Haha 1

Back in 1997, I climbed up on the XB-70 landing gear so that I could touch it's skin. I saw the N9 fly around 1996-1997 as well.

• Like 2

Back in the 90s, I witness the YC-17 mading some touching-and-go at Dobbins Air Base. The nose probe and its size was remarkable.