BC-304 Daedalus-Class Battlecruiser

Hi there everyone, I joined combatace almost 10 years ago and, after several attempts I finally managed to make this monstrosity. The mighty BC-304 Daedalus-Class battlecruiser from the Stargate franchise.

It is the second generation of interstellar Earth warships made integrating alien reverse engineered technology obtained in the operations of the Stargate Command during the previous 8 years. It includes:

- 28 automatic railgun turrets around the ship.
- 16 VLS missile in the front deck silos, armed with conventional HE warheads or tactical nuclear ones. The range of this missiles are 150+ km. Since there is no name for these missiles I made it up as SSM (Standard Space Missile).
- Advanced Trinium-Naquadah alloy armour (Steel with lots of hitpoints).
- Reverse engineered sublight engines (that uses this naquadah as fuel, making the TSFC=0.01 as it possess a huge amount of energy so don't worry about consumption :) ).
- Antigravity drive which substitutes the landing gear allowing you to hover at about 300 meters above the ground. Now you can stay above the tanks shooting down Beagles, watching how enemy AAAs fail trying to shoot you down muahahaha.
- Shield generator that covers the entire ship, "theoretically" absorbing the damage before it reaches the ship itself.

For those who are also like stargate franchise, no, I haven't made the also mighty Asgard Plasma Beam upgrade, but I will try to do something in future releases.

I also included several skins of the different ships that appeared in the franchise:

U.S.S. Daedalus - The first to be commissioned for USAF which is assigned to assist Atlantis expedition in Pegasus Galaxy.
U.S.S. Odyssey  - The second to be finished which remains in Earth.
B.F.R. Korolev  - Commissioned almost simultaneously with the Odyssey, given to the Russian Federation in exchange for the operations of the stargate.
U.S.S. Apollo   - The second to be assigned to Pegasus Galaxy.
C.N.S. Sun Tzu  - The first ship to be given to People's Republic of China.
U.S.S. Hammond  - The last known to be commissioned for United States, originally was going to be called Phoenix but they changed the name to honour the first General in charge of Stargate Command, George Hammond, after passing away.
U.S.S. Phoenix  - The name given to that ship in alternate realities.

Some notes about this model:

I don't fully understand the damage mechanics in this game, so despite of the fact that this ship
have "advanced force fields" that withstand several tactical nukes, sometimes you can get shot
down by the rear gun of a Tu-95.

Since it is a very big ship (650m long) all the 28 railguns have difficulties aiming at small targets due to
the offset of the guns. But they still hit big targets such as other spaceships of the same size, and
sometimes big bombers like Tu-95. Anyways, if someone knows how to improve this, suggestions and ideas are
very welcomed!

The flight mechanics have been "developed" from FastCargo's F-35B, my goal was to have vertical
takeoff and landing functioning but I have not managed to achieve that properly.

This "plane" is quite special to fly, it has a 100+ times bigger inertias than the F-35 so don't
expect to dogfight with fighter jets, just wait until they crash in your force fields :)

Also, take into account that the size of this aircraft is such that you can not fly in regular squadron
formations as it crashes with the other ships. It is ment to fly alone in air combat missions (however
I would like to implement air to ground warfare in next versions).

It has no cockpit, I just put it in the place of the bridge. I will try to do my own cockpit in the future.

If you are wondering where I took these F-302 of the screenshots, they are from the A-Team Skunkworks. They
also have the Death Glider so if you get it from there you can recreate some pretty good stargate battles!

********Any commercial use of this mod is CLEARLY FORBIDDEN!!!

CREDITS for the material that made this possible:

- FastCargo's F-35 that I used as a base for the INIs.
- Effects included in Stary's EE3 for SF2 series used for the nuclear explosions in both ground and air.
I know that this material also involve more people who put their best effort on it, I want to thank them sincerely, and also the people involved on the Viper afterburner effect that I was unable to track. I hope I haven't missed anybody!
Also I would like to thank the modding knowledge in combatace which helped me to make this possible.

And finally!

The model itself is incomplete, I still have to add some parts like the communication deck and the sensors array and many more things, but Christmass time is over so I decided to upload what I have made.

It is my first serius mod after having joined Combatace 10 years ago, after several attempts of doing sci-fi stuff, and now I finally managed to make this "living insult to aerodynamics".

I really hope you enjoy it and of course I am opened to suggestions and feedback as this model is not perfect by far (a lot of things are not adjusted, it lacks more testing, it is like flying two carriers in a simulator not ment to do that, etc.).

All things said, have fun! :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By guuruu

View File Forrestal class aircraft carrier
      FORRESTAL class US NAVY aircraft carrier
      ========================================
      The model depicts a ship circa 1990.
      Of course, each aircraft carrier looks a little different,
      but this is more or less what the USS Saratoga (CVA-60) and USS Independence (CVA-62)
      looked like during Operation Desert Storm.
      Model was tested in ODS30 addon and SF2 NA.
      INSTALLATION
      Just copy files from [C O P Y   T O   G A M E   F O L D E R]
      to your game folder ;-)
      In [Extras] folder you can find new ship smoke emitter.
      The 3d model, game files and skins are mine.
      Parking spots done by allenjb42.
      Many thanks to the ODS30 team for their help in testing this ship.
      This is FREEWARE-DONATIONWARE and it CANNOT be distributed unless permissions are granted by myself.
      The original readmes, if any, and all other pieces of the package MUST remain intact.
      The names of all contributors, modders, suppliers, etc =MUST= be listed in any new readmes.
      This package and any part of it may NOT in any way, shape or form be used in any payware additions.
      THIS SHIP MOD OR ANY PART OF IT MUST NOT BE HOSTED OR
      POSTED FOR DOWNLOAD ON ANY OTHER WEB SITE WITHOUT MY EXPRESS
      PERMISSION, OR USED FOR ANY OTHER PURPOSE THAN THIRDWIRE FLIGHT
      SIMULATORS, AND MUST NOT BE SOLD OR OFFERED FOR SALE BY ITSELF
      OR WITH ANY OTHER FILES OR MODS.
      Wojtek 'guuruu' Gorski
      Submitter guuruu Submitted 01/30/2024 Category Aircraft Carriers  
    • By guuruu
      FORRESTAL class US NAVY aircraft carrier
      The model depicts a ship circa 1990.
      Of course, each aircraft carrier looks a little different,
      but this is more or less what the USS Saratoga (CVA-60) and USS Independence (CVA-62)
      looked like during Operation Desert Storm.
      Model was tested in ODS30 addon and SF2 NA.
      INSTALLATION
      Just copy files from [C O P Y   T O   G A M E   F O L D E R]
      to your game folder ;-)
      In [Extras] folder you can find new ship smoke emitter.
      The 3d model, game files and skins are mine.
      Parking spots done by allenjb42.
      Many thanks to the ODS30 team for their help in testing this ship.
      This is FREEWARE-DONATIONWARE and it CANNOT be distributed unless permissions are granted by myself.
      The original readmes, if any, and all other pieces of the package MUST remain intact.
      The names of all contributors, modders, suppliers, etc =MUST= be listed in any new readmes.
      This package and any part of it may NOT in any way, shape or form be used in any payware additions.
      THIS SHIP MOD OR ANY PART OF IT MUST NOT BE HOSTED OR
      POSTED FOR DOWNLOAD ON ANY OTHER WEB SITE WITHOUT MY EXPRESS
      PERMISSION, OR USED FOR ANY OTHER PURPOSE THAN THIRDWIRE FLIGHT
      SIMULATORS, AND MUST NOT BE SOLD OR OFFERED FOR SALE BY ITSELF
      OR WITH ANY OTHER FILES OR MODS.
      Wojtek 'guuruu' Gorski
    • By Gepard

View File Varyag Aircraft Carrier

What if:   Aircraft Carrier "Varyag" ex Kremlin Class
      This mod is made for SF2.
      ----------------------------------------------------------
      I. History
      Since the 50th the Soviet Navy tried to get aircraft carriers. But the political leadership denied all attempts to build such vessels. So the Admirality tried to get carriers through the back door. They declared such ships would be neccessary to hunt down american submarines. So the big ASW ships Moskva and Leningrad were built. But the design was terrible. Thatswhy the project 1143 was developed, better known as Kiev class.
      The Kiev class was to small to operate conventional fix wing jets. So the ships were equipped with VTOL planes, the Yak-38. But this plane was no match for american or westeuropean carrierbased planes. Thatswhy the flightdeck of projece 1143.4 was made longer. The ship was named Baku. It was built for the supersonic Yak-41. A plan-B was to use the MiG-29K as air group of the Baku.
      The next step was to make the project 1143 ships bigger and longer. 1143.5 was launched in 1982. First named as Riga, then Breshnev, then Tblissi and in 1990 renamed into Kuznetsov.
      When the USSR broke into parts the Kuznetsov was transfered to the russian North Fleet.
      The sister ship 1143.6, Riga was renamed in 1990 into Varyag (Varangian). It was not operational when it was was given to the Ukraine. The Ukraine had not had enough money to finish the ship. Thatswhy it was sold to China. China finished the ship, modified it and named it Liaonang.
      In this mod the fiction is, that the Ukraine finished the carrier and used it under the name "Varyag" (Varangian) as flagship of their Navy. The difference between Varyag and Kuznetov mod is that the ukrainian ship has no ship to ship missiles.
      Remark to the name : Google translator gave me the translation "Варязький". Wikipedia say "Варяг" is correct. I'm not sure about it. Thatswhy i include both version. As standard i use "Варяг". Name files for "Варязький" you find in a subfolder under decals/Varyag/Varyaskij. If you want to use this name version, copy the files from Varyaskij folder to Varyag folder and let overwrite the existing one.
      I'm not sure wheter "Варязький" is written correctly. Perhaps it must be "Варязькиi". If someone know, send me a PM.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
      II.
      CREDITS:
      This is a mod of the ship "Admiral Flota Sovetskogo Soyuza Kuznetsov", made by rokieborhgunder, which you find here:
      https://combatace.com/files/file/17091-admiral-flota-sovetskogo-soyuza-kuznetsov/

III.
      INSTALLATION:
      -Unzip the folders into your SF2 mod folder

IV.
      For remarks, comments, bugs, etc please use the forum or send me a PM.
      -------------------------------------------------------------
      V.
      The Kuznetsov and all other files are FREEWARE. COMMERCIAL USE IS NOT ALLOWED!
      ------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you enjoy it.

Michael (Gepard)

Made in Germany
      March 2023

Submitter Gepard Submitted 03/06/2023 Category Aircraft Carriers  
    • By Gepard

What if:   Aircraft Carrier "Varyag" ex Kremlin Class
      This mod is made for SF2.
      I. History
      Since the 50th the Soviet Navy tried to get aircraft carriers. But the political leadership denied all attempts to build such vessels. So the Admirality tried to get carriers through the back door. They declared such ships would be neccessary to hunt down american submarines. So the big ASW ships Moskva and Leningrad were built. But the design was terrible. Thatswhy the project 1143 was developed, better known as Kiev class.
      The Kiev class was to small to operate conventional fix wing jets. So the ships were equipped with VTOL planes, the Yak-38. But this plane was no match for american or westeuropean carrierbased planes. Thatswhy the flightdeck of projece 1143.4 was made longer. The ship was named Baku. It was built for the supersonic Yak-41. A plan-B was to use the MiG-29K as air group of the Baku.
      The next step was to make the project 1143 ships bigger and longer. 1143.5 was launched in 1982. First named as Riga, then Breshnev, then Tblissi and in 1990 renamed into Kuznetsov.
      When the USSR broke into parts the Kuznetsov was transfered to the russian North Fleet.
      The sister ship 1143.6, Riga was renamed in 1990 into Varyag (Varangian). It was not operational when it was was given to the Ukraine. The Ukraine had not had enough money to finish the ship. Thatswhy it was sold to China. China finished the ship, modified it and named it Liaonang.
      In this mod the fiction is, that the Ukraine finished the carrier and used it under the name "Varyag" (Varangian) as flagship of their Navy. The difference between Varyag and Kuznetov mod is that the ukrainian ship has no ship to ship missiles.
      Remark to the name : Google translator gave me the translation "Варязький". Wikipedia say "Варяг" is correct. I'm not sure about it. Thatswhy i include both version. As standard i use "Варяг". Name files for "Варязький" you find in a subfolder under decals/Varyag/Varyaskij. If you want to use this name version, copy the files from Varyaskij folder to Varyag folder and let overwrite the existing one.
      I'm not sure wheter "Варязький" is written correctly. Perhaps it must be "Варязькиi". If someone know, send me a PM.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
      II.
      CREDITS:
      This is a mod of the ship "Admiral Flota Sovetskogo Soyuza Kuznetsov", made by rokieborhgunder, which you find here:
      https://combatace.com/files/file/17091-admiral-flota-sovetskogo-soyuza-kuznetsov/

III.
      INSTALLATION:
      -Unzip the folders into your SF2 mod folder

IV.
      For remarks, comments, bugs, etc please use the forum or send me a PM.
      -------------------------------------------------------------
      V.
      The Kuznetsov and all other files are FREEWARE. COMMERCIAL USE IS NOT ALLOWED!
      ------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you enjoy it.

Michael (Gepard)

Made in Germany
      March 2023

• By toot
      Is it possible to make a carrier ski-jump actually work in game? like instead of flying through the ramp have the aircraft actually go up
      thanks!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..