13 hours ago, Wrench said:

well, if you run of out things to do, some REALLY large, open door hangars could come in handy. You know, tall and wide enough to fit a 747 or B-52 sized aircraft into. Be nice to replace the 3W large(ish) hangars on the various airbases, and be able to have it as a large parking spot. 

just throwing that out there....

:biggrin:

Sure, no problem. Do you have any reference pictures?

17 hours ago, russouk2004 said:

spec map it and the metal areas worn on edges will look the dogs danglies.

This "spec mapping" term is new to me, can you explain further or provide some example/reference. I would appreciate that.

14 hours ago, Wrench said:

well, if you run of out things to do, some REALLY large, open door hangars could come in handy. You know, tall and wide enough to fit a 747 or B-52 sized aircraft into. Be nice to replace the 3W large(ish) hangars on the various airbases, and be able to have it as a large parking spot. 

just throwing that out there....

:biggrin:

Something like this?

060111-F-2034C-005.JPG

• Like 1

Its basically a grey black white colourless version of image...certain shades of grey allow amounts of the main texture to have the metal look or shiny new paint or none at all...

like so,exagerated to show what it does... last pic...gives paint that metallic shine if you want shine...and where paints worn makes the metal skin look shiny...rusty etc

better example on the JPG7 tail

this good tut...Spec mapping youtube tutorial

Image2.jpg

Helix 01SPEC.jpg6.jpg

ttt.jpgImage1.thumb.jpg.c2692f53ce465f84ad18b734a5954aa9.jpgIma3.thumb.jpg.e0c62712b980092d2171312993dd3041.jpg

Edited by russouk2004
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, russouk2004 said:

Its basically a grey black white colourless version of image...certain shades of grey allow amounts of the main texture to have the metal look or shiny new paint or none at all...

like so,exagerated to show what it does... last pic...gives paint that metallic shine if you want shine...and where paints worn makes the metal skin look shiny...rusty etc

better example on the JPG7 tail

this good tut...Spec mapping youtube tutorial

Image2.jpg

Helix 01SPEC.jpg6.jpg

ttt.jpg

Thanks a lot m8

• Thanks 1

np its easy when you see how its done..

I basically use settings the guy in tut does...

Edited by russouk2004

Okay, I have removed the gray color, and soon I will try to implement what russouk2004 has just shown me.

img00016.JPG

img00017.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

re: hangars

yes, something like that!! But due to how the airfields are built, closed at one end

:drinks:

OK, I will do my best :drinks:

• Thanks 1

Huge open hangar would be awesome. But remember due to frackin parking chance it could often be empty, or funnier have a little Chipmunk where a big Boeing is supposed to go.

But when the big birds are parked where theyre supposed to be, its a thing of beauty ( said the guy obsessed with multi engine aircraft)

• Haha 1

not really, the coordinates can be set and labeled for ONLY LargeParking, based on the wingspan setup in the airfields' ini (LargeParkingMaxSpan=). But they're spawning is always a bit random

• Like 2

Well thank you very much Kevin.

Now i gotta put a whole new brand of ini editting so the Galaxies and DC-8s stop sitting on the ramp with tails jammed into each other.:lol:

Seriously tho, thats good news as i was apprehensive of fighters at terminal gates!

• Haha 2

I need some help please, with the missile silo head that needs to get separated from the main silo after the missile gets shot out.  so my question is do I animate it or does it get set in INI file?

5e9ca2aa80e7e_Annotation2020-04-19221227.png.7780e2a16408a630cffd42ab63b4612d.pngfile.

Edited by GKABS
  • Like 1

Any ideas for my question, please :dntknw: thank you.

Make the cover a part of the missile and use a function of the missile data? (animation or booster node separation?) to remove it at missile launch.

• Thanks 1

Thanks a million

Found in my saved files, Egyptian launcher vehicle with the backside of the turret visible.

4.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks to Coupi this wouldn't happen.  :clapping:

Edited by GKABS
  • Like 1

Okay, time to make the next unit the Saudi Arabia SAM Shahine (Crotale) system. 

EEuMx9NXkAIWvQk.jpgad_spsam_shahine_m2.jpgad_spsam_shahine_m3.jpgshahine_air_sol_missile_system_france_Arijj1Y-mGkA9aihya1kWYihwhuy8AVanW8sGZYZJH

• Like 2

Okay, time to make the next unit the Saudi Arabia SAM Shahine (Crotale) system. 

GK man...you are a glutton for punishment lol...

• Haha 1

free time and it is killing me m8

• Like 1