Sign in to follow this  
russouk2004

Where a lot if not all pre war a\c ideas came from...

Taken from Midland Publishing...Luftwaffe - Secret Projects- Fighters 1939-45....well worth checking out.

Suprising how much was made under countries names like UK Russia and USA when most are from captured German projects etc...after 1944\5

and this is just tip of iceberg...no wonder project "paperclip "  was so important.

name but few  Mig15 Vampire etc were created directly inspired from German plans etc....influenced at least.

Image1.jpg

Image2.jpg

Image3.jpg

Image4.jpg

Image5.jpg

Image6.jpg

Image7.jpg

Image8.jpg

Edited by russouk2004
  • Like 5

27 minutes ago, russouk2004 said:

Taken from Midland Publishing...Luftwaffe - Secret Projects- Fighters 1939-45....well worth checking out.

Suprising how much was made under countries names like UK Russia and USA when most are from captured German projects etc...after 1944\5

and this is just tip of iceberg...no wonder project "paperclip "  was so important.

name but few  Mig15 Vampire etc were created directly inspired from German plans etc....influenced at least.

Generally I agree but I disagree about the Vampire.

Bill Gunston (RIP) considers that of 'the big three' the UK came away with the least amount of intel but at least two of the three V-Bombers were influenced by German studies. 

American, soviet, french and swedish fighters in the 50th looked very similar. They based widely on german know how. The british had had their own style.

4 minutes ago, Gepard said:

The british had had their own style.

I never thought I'd see those two words in the same sentence :rofl:

• Haha 5

The British of course have style, and panache, unfortunately the ones that display this characteristic , tend to be the privileged chinless wonders who led us in great "victories" such as the Crimean War, the Boer War, many of the nasty little dust ups on the Western Front in WWI ,  and other little skirmishes.....Thankfully Tommy Atkins, and Jack Tar were there to pull them out of the doo doo , whilst the silk stockings full of shit sip their Pink Gin and play leapfrog. The Vampire I seem to remember was in development DURING WWII so no German input was involved, hence the Vampire and Meteors straight wings, the Allies applied the German research on swept wing tech as did the Russkis after WWII was over.

Quite old now

I bought set of the Secret projects books...think it was 15 in total for £50, hardbacks were twice that.

Edited by russouk2004

just a time tense question ..

shouldn't be "post war"???

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Wrench said:

just a time tense question ..

shouldn't be "post war"???

Both. The german development was during WW2. The use of the results was post war.

• Like 1