Nesher

Situation is bad, video games wise

Last time I played a video game was more than 5 years ago

image.png.be7dd7e75dc096bef17fb62eed84fcc9.png

Ahhhh

Edited by Nesher
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

And apparently, Star Wars: Squadrons is Win10 only. I can't afford a new comp just for a (ok, ONE) game

@Nesher @Wrench

Epic Game Launcher is your friend. New free games every week. Sometimes you get some really good ones for free. For instance I got Assassin Creed for free. I got Watchdogs 1 and 2 for free. Farming Simulator 19 (I have a crop duster mod in there so I can get the flying going in a relaxing game :D) Troy was given away fore free there too along with Borderlands 2. I mean the games are old but I don't care because they're free and bug free as well. Elite Dangerous was the free game there a couple of weeks ago I think.

@Skyviper

Now all I need is someone to help me with the business and someone to take care of the kids hahahahaha

• Haha 1

Im a Cod fan.....playing Modern Warfare and Black ops 5,as I hadnt played Bo5 since came out as was playing WW2 and Black ops 4...(loved 4)

I'm also a CoD fan, use to play it back in the days... unfortunately, I haven't had time or the proper machine to play in a long long time 

Sounds the old grumbler of me, but I hate to try these new games dependent on Internet and digital "services" like Steam. Recently, I've wanted to give a try to all of the old Halo stuff, through the whole Halo Master Chief Collection... And it crashes on takeoff, without any real explanation (or actually, too many possible ones to find out the real glitch). I'm fed up with these downloadable products dependent on distant giant servers (a bad thing for the global warning, besides)! That's the reason why I won't ever give a try to Star Wars: Squadrons before the price has dropped down to unsignificant. I'm still playing much Elite Dangerous, though, where some older paying DLC are now for free...

Recently picked up "Star Wars: Squadrons" for $US40 off of Steam.  It comes in at 33GB, and running it on a non-VR Windows 10 machine, my initial impression is I wish I had a Users Manual (or at least, I haven't found where it is yet!) because it seems a little clunky to set up with an older flightstick and pedals.   And from what I can tell, it uses every bit of the "Recommended PC System Requirements" that it advertises.  While it's the same general idea behind the ancient XvT and Alliance sims (which I am intimately familiar with), I haven't been able to "just climb in and fly around" this one as there is lots of new stuff to learn and things to blast into oblivion.    

Quick SitRep, I played CS yesterday, got owned by some kids...

Played America's Army Proving Grounds just 2-3 training session (the day before) and DCS world and sucked really bad,..

All and all, situation seems worse 😂😂

Apart from flightsim, the video game I play:

https://www.slitherine.com/game/field-of-glory-ii

It is very different but I love it :

When I am losing, I always continue the fight in the hope of returning the situation, even when I know perfectly that it is impossible to happen.

When I win, I always fear that a last minute maneuver of my enemy will turn a victory into a defeat

@Nesher @Capitaine Vengeur @Wrench

Epic is doing a free game every day until Christmas it looks like.

So the free game is City Skylines however you get a $10.00 off coupon. Star Wars Squadrons is on sale for $23.99 ...

• Like 2