swambast

VonS and a Bleriot XI

I´m still around as ever. VonS, take your time. At your service!!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Brief update to this thread and general musings. Hope all FE2-ers are doing well.

In terms of the Bleriot project, the modeler working on the aircraft had a hard drive crash several months back and informed me that he will contact me in the future if he manages to retrieve most of the vital files. So far I have not heard from him since late last year, or thereabouts, so I am assuming at this point in time that the Bleriot project is no longer active. If the modder ever does contact me regarding the project, I will be happy to complete the FM (data ini) for the aircraft.

In other news, I have now "officially" retired from WoFF and RoF modding - nothing really further to do for those sims from my end - so with the little free time that I have, providing that there is still interest and active fliers in FE2 -- I will (eventually) comb over a few aircraft that I never got to, such as the Snipe, one or two models by Stephen for the Italian front, and perhaps also his somewhat recently released Nieup. 21 - but I can't promise any specific dates in terms of when I will comb over those FMs.

Depends really on how much interest there still is in FE2. (It is still my go-to sim for quick combat - since it is very easy to set up quick flights and the AI is challenging - although for campaigns I always go to the WoFF series.)

Cheers all,

Von S :smile:

Edited by VonS
Edited post.
  • Like 3

I´m in! Working on backstage. Ready for duty!

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, VonS said:

Brief update to this thread and general musings. Hope all FE2-ers are doing well.

In terms of the Bleriot project, the modeler working on the aircraft had a hard drive crash several months back and informed me that he will contact me in the future if he manages to retrieve most of the vital files. So far I have not heard from him since late last year, or thereabouts, so I am assuming at this point in time that the Bleriot project is no longer active. If the modder ever does contact me regarding the project, I will be happy to complete the FM (data ini) for the aircraft.

In other news, I have now "officially" retired from WoFF and RoF modding - nothing really further to do for those sims from my end - so with the little free time that I have, providing that there is still interest and active fliers in FE2 -- I will (eventually) comb over a few aircraft that I never got to, such as the Snipe, one or two models by Stephen for the Italian front, and perhaps also his somewhat recently released Nieup. 21 - but I can't promise any specific dates in terms of when I will comb over those FMs.

Depends really on how much interest there still is in FE2. (It is still my go-to sim for quick combat - since it is very easy to set up quick flights and the AI is challenging - although for campaigns I always go to the WoFF series.)

Cheers all,

such sad news about the Bleriot.That is good news that you have more time for First Eagles modding though. hopefully all is well with swarmbast.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Quick bump to this thread -- good news: Swambast has managed to retrieve all of the Bleriot XI files after a hard drive crash of last fall. Next up are some final additions to the model, and then proper mesh splitting, pivot point adjustments, and other related features. After that comes the ini file crunching phase and FM testing. This will all of course take several more months -- ideally, I hope to have a working beta model, and that flies, by sometime next spring -- but it all depends on how the project develops further since both Swambast and I are also busy with other duties and real work. Will post again under this thread when important developmental milestones are reached with the Bleriot. Pic. below is one of the latest Bleriot renders done by Swambast.

Cheers all,

image.png

Edited by VonS
Edited post.
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, VonS said:

Quick bump to this thread -- good news: Swambast has managed to retrieve all of the Bleriot XI files after a hard drive crash of last fall. Next up are some final additions to the model, and then proper mesh splitting, pivot point adjustments, and other related features. After that comes the ini file crunching phase and FM testing. This will all of course take several more months -- ideally, I hope to have a working beta model, and that flies, by sometime next spring -- but it all depends on how the project develops further since both Swambast and I are also busy with other duties and real work. Will post again under this thread when important developmental milestones are reached with the Bleriot. Pic. below is one of the latest Bleriot renders done by Swambast.

Cheers all,

thank you so much for the updates. I'm so glad that these files were recovered. hope you guys can find some free time,not just for finishing this project but to just relax and have some enjoyable free time. 

• Thanks 1