Hey guys, I have already made my campaign and it's working fine. Moreover, aircrafts' squadrons with  UpgradeType=ANY did respond to the command, but I can't upgrade my mig 21 for a weird reason.

Look,

UpgradeType=FIXED
Upgrade[01].Date=6/5/1973
Upgrade[01].Type=MiG-21MF
Upgrade[01].Texture=Afghanistan3
Upgrade[02].Date=6/5/1979
Upgrade[02].Type=MiG-21bis
Upgrade[02].Texture=SovietCamo1

All aircrafts here has the name of their respective folder in object/aircraft, and that's the same case with texture as it has got the same folder's name. So, I don't really get the idea why it's not working should I gave it it's ingame texture name or use the texture folder's name (which I am already using) ? Or is there is something wrong with the command as it's under the missions types' commands not above it?  Thanks for your help in advance.

Edited by m275500

After answering the first question, I want to know how does the campaign upgrade system work. For instance, what affects it for the player and Al? What is all factors affecting this system,? And I have noticed a werid thing when I put afghanisilver1 (a skin which doesn't exist, but it's the mig21f skin above) rather than the real Afghanistan3 skin in my mig21mf folder, the aircraft upgrades and I don't know how it did that with a skin which doesn't exist, and it was using the first of its skins I think Algeria and if the first folder is czech, it will use czech. So, why does that happen ?

Think that the problem about the update of the planes is that the game engine can't manage the upgrade of hte plane model and the skin at the same time.

You can upgrade the same plane's skin ( MIG-21MF skin-1 to MIG-21MF skin-2) or different plane with the same skin name ( MIG-21MF skin-1 to MIG-21Bis skin-1), Happened also to me in the past

Your lines are for different skins, while the two will be match each other

UpgradeType=FIXED
Upgrade[01].Date=6/5/1973
Upgrade[01].Type=MiG-21MF
Upgrade[01].Texture=Afghanistan3  <--------------
Upgrade[02].Date=6/5/1979
Upgrade[02].Type=MiG-21bis
Upgrade[02].Texture=SovietCamo1  <----------

18 minutes ago, RustyKurnass said:

Your lines are for different skins, while the two will be match each other

Yeah, I did tried to make them both afghanisilver1 like the first one (even though I don't have a folder with that name) and it worked but I can't control the skin as it just picks it randomly lol. However, tk campaigns does upgrade aircrafts and it uses a reasonable commands like mine, not the same plane or the same skin name, how is that though?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Gepard

View File MiG-21SMT
      MiG-21SMT  
      This mod is made for SF2.
      ----------------------------------------------------------
      I. History
      One of the major problems of the MiG-21 was the short range of the plane. The reason for it was the small internal fuel volume. To solve the problem additional tanks on the back were installed. First one in the MiG-21PF, later three beginning with MiG-21R. When the soviet Air Force demanded to make the MiG-21 to a nuclear weapon platform soon the short range seemt to be the major problem. So the designers took the latest version of the bird, the MiG-21SM and increased the fuel capacity of the back tanks dramatically. The MiG-21SMT was born.
      In the troops the plane was not liked very well. The pilots hated it to fly such an non agile plane. The plane got the nickname "Humpback" and this was not meant positive.
      Later a lot of SMT were reworked "in field", the big backtank was removed and replaced by the backtank of the MiG-21bis Lasur. Such reworked planes were called MiG-21ST.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
      II.
      CREDITS:

While making the MiG-21SMT  i used a lot of files made by other modders. Thanks for this files!
      The LOD file is made:
      ~~~~~~~~~~
      by TK
      The skin is made:
      ~~~~~~~
      by Spillone104

The flight model is made :
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      by TK
      and modded
      by Spillone104
      and
       a little bit by me

The Cockpit is made
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      by Paladrian (Mago)

The mods for the  engine exhausts, nose antennas and pitot tubes and the big backtank for the SMT are all made
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      by Spillone104

III.
      INSTALLATION:
      -Unzip the folders into your object folder

IV.
      For remarks, comments, bugs, etc please use the forum or send me a PM.
      -------------------------------------------------------------
      V.
      The MiG-21SMT and all containing files are FREEWARE. COMMERCIAL USE IS NOT ALLOWED!
      The additionally parts are NOT FREEWARE. Please check the readme of that files.
      ------------------------------------------------------
      VI. Known issues
      The plane is prepared for the file RED3201 which is taken from Red_Pilots_Part1 pack. This pack you find in the download area for first generation SF.
      ------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you enjoy it.

Michael (Gepard)

Made in Germany
      April 2021

Submitter Gepard Submitted 04/09/2021 Category MiG-21  
    • By Gepard
      MiG-21SMT  
      This mod is made for SF2.
      I. History
      One of the major problems of the MiG-21 was the short range of the plane. The reason for it was the small internal fuel volume. To solve the problem additional tanks on the back were installed. First one in the MiG-21PF, later three beginning with MiG-21R. When the soviet Air Force demanded to make the MiG-21 to a nuclear weapon platform soon the short range seemt to be the major problem. So the designers took the latest version of the bird, the MiG-21SM and increased the fuel capacity of the back tanks dramatically. The MiG-21SMT was born.
      In the troops the plane was not liked very well. The pilots hated it to fly such an non agile plane. The plane got the nickname "Humpback" and this was not meant positive.
      Later a lot of SMT were reworked "in field", the big backtank was removed and replaced by the backtank of the MiG-21bis Lasur. Such reworked planes were called MiG-21ST.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
      II.
      CREDITS:

While making the MiG-21SMT  i used a lot of files made by other modders. Thanks for this files!
      The LOD file is made:
      ~~~~~~~~~~
      by TK
      The skin is made:
      ~~~~~~~
      by Spillone104

The flight model is made :
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      by TK
      and modded
      by Spillone104
      and
       a little bit by me

The Cockpit is made
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      by Paladrian (Mago)

The mods for the  engine exhausts, nose antennas and pitot tubes and the big backtank for the SMT are all made
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      by Spillone104

III.
      INSTALLATION:
      -Unzip the folders into your object folder

IV.
      For remarks, comments, bugs, etc please use the forum or send me a PM.
      -------------------------------------------------------------
      V.
      The MiG-21SMT and all containing files are FREEWARE. COMMERCIAL USE IS NOT ALLOWED!
      The additionally parts are NOT FREEWARE. Please check the readme of that files.
      ------------------------------------------------------
      VI. Known issues
      The plane is prepared for the file RED3201 which is taken from Red_Pilots_Part1 pack. This pack you find in the download area for first generation SF.
      ------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you enjoy it.

Michael (Gepard)

Made in Germany
      April 2021

• By Sabre1BR
      Hello, good evening people.
      I was back at playing the game after a while and it keeps crashing on me, especially during the campaign.
      I'm not sure what causes it, but it happens always after i order my wingmen to attack something (my target or not), seemingly happening after they lock onto something.
      I'm currently patching the game through all the official patches (Merged, June 2012 as of now - but going through July 2013 as i'm writing this)
      I'll keep updating this topic as i go on, but if there is no way fixing it by patching, is there something i can do (compat mode, messing around with .cfg, whatever) to correct it?
    • By m275500
      Hey mates, this one is quite hard for me. So, i will need your help. 
      Force001]
      Alignment=FRIENDLY
      Nation=ISRAEL
      BaseArea=Tel Aviv
      AirOffensive[001].Primary=LARGE_RUNWAY,MEDIUM_RUNWAY- how do I determine those i know that time hitting the Egyptian runways was important, however, I usually copy it from any campaign although I don't realy understand these lines lol
      AirOffensive[001].Secondary=SMALL_RUNWAY,EW_RADAR,TOWER,HANGAR
      AirOffensive[002].Primary=HANGAR,EW_RADAR
      AirOffensive[002].Secondary=LARGE_RUNWAY,MEDIUM_RUNWAY,SMALL_RUNWAY,TOWER
      AirOffensive[003].Primary=LARGE_RUNWAY,MEDIUM_RUNWAY,SMALL_RUNWAY,TOWER,HANGAR
      AirOffensive[003].Secondary=EW_RADAR,COMM_BUILDING
      AirOffensive[004].Primary=COMM_BUILDING,EW_RADAR
      AirOffensive[004].Secondary=LARGE_RUNWAY,MEDIUM_RUNWAY,TOWER,HANGAR
      AirOffensive[005].Primary=FUEL_STORAGE,AMMO_STORAGE,WAREHOUSE
      AirOffensive[005].Secondary=LARGE_RUNWAY,MEDIUM_RUNWAY,COMM_BUILDING,EW_RADAR
      AirOffensive[006].Primary=LARGE_RUNWAY,MEDIUM_RUNWAY
      AirOffensive[006].Secondary=COMM_BUILDING,EW_RADAR,FUEL_STORAGE,AMMO_STORAGE,WAREHOUSE
      AirOffensive[007].Primary=BRIDGE
      AirOffensive[007].Secondary=COMM_BUILDING,EW_RADAR,FUEL_STORAGE,AMMO_STORAGE,WAREHOUSE
      AirOffensive[008].Primary=LARGE_RUNWAY,MEDIUM_RUNWAY,COMM_BUILDING,EW_RADAR
      AirOffensive[008].Secondary=BRIDGE
      AirOffensive[009].Primary=COMM_BUILDING,EW_RADAR
      AirOffensive[009].Secondary=LARGE_RUNWAY,MEDIUM_RUNWAY,FUEL_STORAGE,AMMO_STORAGE,WAREHOUSE
      AirOffensive[010].Primary=ANY
      AirOffensive[010].Secondary=ANY
      GroundOffensiveAllowed=FALSE 
      StartGroundOffensive=100-days to start ground offensive, aren't they?
      StartInterdiction=1- what does this line exacly do ?
      Morale=100
      Supply=10
      //Supply=80
      NormalSupplyRate=15
      //NormalSupplyRate=25
      OffensiveSupplyRate=-20
      DefensiveSupplyRate=-5
      SupplyForOffensive=60
      AircraftReplacementTime=30
      AircraftReplacement=50
      GroundUnitReplacementTime=15
      GroundUnitReplacement=100
      RandomTransportType=ANY
      WeaponResupplyTime=180- what is the difference between it and NormalSupplyRate ?
      StartAirDefenseLevel=1
      AllowRandomAceCreation=FALSE
      RulesOfEngagement=FALSE- what are this line effects?
      UseFAC=FALSE- what is that ?
      RandomCAP=TRUE- random combat air patrol, isn't it?
      LimitTargetToActiveRunway=TRUE- what is its function
      MaxSecondaryStrikes=1- don't even know that there is a secondary strikes 
      //MaxSecondaryStrikes=3 - why is it repeated ?
      Thanks in advance.
    • By m275500
      Hey guys, gonna need your help, NormalMissionRateDeviation and offensiveMissionRateDeviation. What are their effects like for instance if normal mission rate is 30, and NormalMissionRateDeviation is 10, what will happen? And what will be different if NormalMissionRateDeviation is 20 for example?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..