Sign in to follow this  
NotRelevant

Is it good?

Title. I've only played WOFF, how's WOTR? Is the AI good, how does the flying feel? Is the campaign mode immersive?

Basically, is it worth a buy?

I like WOTR, particularly so because I tend to avoid mid- and late-WW2 sims. since I don't have enough free time for those - so the BoB scenario of WOTR Phase One fits really well with my sim. interests - you get to fly the early WW2 'crates which still have that inter-war feeling to them - some wood construction, some metal, etc. (this is particularly noticeable with the Hurricane Mk.I).

The flying is very nice, and with my WOTR GPU Tuner Patch injected via JSGME the FPS stay healthy too (around 70 fps or so) (https://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4507751/gpu-tuner-patch-for-wotr#Post4507751). Also possible to install is XJouve's improved mesh terrain (bumpmapping), ver. 2.0, giving nice hills and undulations (https://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4526713/xjouves-terrain-mesh-water-map-for-wotr-tips#Post4526713).

I have yet to fly campaigns in WOTR Phase One (have been in quick combat mode so far) - but the AI is of the same high quality as in WOFF. I recommend checking over the WOTR forums on SimHQ for comments/questions, such as this thread (https://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4524707/1), to get a better sense for that sim.

Happy flying,

Von S :smile:

Edited by VonS
Edited post.
  • Thanks 2

In a word, or rather two words, Yes and Yes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Be warned though, it is harder on the system than current WOFF PE (can be mitigated somewhat by  VonS GPU tuner), but I always found the title more prone to the micro-stutter than WOFF PE.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Looks and fly’s fantastic, AI is typical OBD (excellent),FM? I personally like the FM,also really good DM. Campaign mode at the moment it’s Battle of Britain only so shorter in length than WOFF but it is Harder on HW than WOFF like Redwolf has mentioned, 3 flyables..the Spit, Hurricane and Emil. Large quantities of craft in the air (can be toned down). Historically accurate skins, great workshop settings, also like WOFF fantastic immersion. Devs are planning to Work on WOTR after BHaH II is released,it’ll get better and better over time. And..29.99 :ok:

The Spit for MSFS 2020 alone is something like 25.99, so if you’ve got the system for it then imo it’s a steal.

Edited by Adger
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, sounds pretty good then.  Thanks for the replies, yall. Might just look into buying it after BH&H2.

Reckon I5 9400F 4.4Hz,  GTX 1660 (6 GB), 16 DDR4 RAM would do semi-alright with it or am I lacking?

Edited by NotRelevant
  • Thanks 1

I can’t personally see you having any problems with that rig mate, you might possibly have to turn a few settings down, WOTR is really good in that regard but.. Keep scenery at 5 to see the white cliffs etc. I honestly believe that more optimisation will come in the future regarding WOTR, I’ve had no issues on a i7 4790k (slightly faster single core) than yours, 16gbRam and. Evga ftw 1070, :good:

• Thanks 1

Fair enough, thanks for reply mate. Defo gonna be on my shopping list then. As long as I can blast some bomber formations and hopefully not die trying it'll be good enough for me, haha! Or y'know, accidentally land in France instead of England.

• Haha 1

Patiently waiting for the OBD boys to unleash their new magic on WoTR, and to include new battles and aircraft of course!

• Like 1