Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
rjw

? on Consolidated Custom Facilities Mods use

Recommended Posts

Hi folks;

I could use some help here. I would like to establish just how many of the WOFFers are using the "Consolidated Custom Facilities Mods" that are hosted on Sandbagger's web site and in addition which version of WOFF you are currently running (BH&H II, PE, UE, or Other).

If you are a user of the mods, would you kindly identify yourself in this thread and what version of WOFF you currently run.

Best Regards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes My name is Marc, and I am a user....errrrr........yes I use the consolidated, used them on WOFF PE, and now on BH&H 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Rick:      I used them in PE and will use them in BH&H when I get time to do some flying.  That count?

Jerbear

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes Jerbear that counts. Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jerhear said:

Hi Rick:      I used them in PE and will use them in BH&H when I get time to do some flying.  That count?

Jerbear

Sorry about that.          I had Rick on the brain but you in my heart.  Never had to use that one on my wife.  Think it would have worked?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who can convince me to use this mod... what can it bring to the party that the vanilla install already has?

So far I've been reluctant to use mods as this version of WoFF has already advanced the goalposts on so many fronts...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Robert

I used the Consolidated Facilities Mod in PE.  Just presently flying stock in BH & H for now.  Will be Modding up in the near future with the CFM.  Cheers!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TROOPER117 said:

Who can convince me to use this mod... what can it bring to the party that the vanilla install already has?

So far I've been reluctant to use mods as this version of WoFF has already advanced the goalposts on so many fronts...

Trooper117;

 

Well the short answer is, the mod populates all of the stock and custom airfields with airfield with personnel and equipment to add atmosphere,'

The custom airfields included in the mod are far more realistic in their composition than the stock ones.

I would recommend you to try the mods out and decide for yourself. They are JSGME and auto install to the Mods folder. This approach allows you to activate and deactivate the mod without having to worry about permanently altering your stock installation.

In summary, the proof is in the pudding! Try it and then you can make a decision based on experience.

 

Best Regards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was using the mod with PE, but haven't gotten the BH&H version. I am wanting to keep things simple and clean for now but will probably start adding a few select mods once I have the new stock game fully worn in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, rjw said:

Trooper117;

 

Well the short answer is, the mod populates all of the stock and custom airfields with airfield with personnel and equipment to add atmosphere,'

The custom airfields included in the mod are far more realistic in their composition than the stock ones.

I would recommend you to try the mods out and decide for yourself. They are JSGME and auto install to the Mods folder. This approach allows you to activate and deactivate the mod without having to worry about permanently altering your stock installation.

In summary, the proof is in the pudding! Try it and then you can make a decision based on experience.

 

Best Regards

Thanks for the answer... I'm happy using the JSGME process (used it in previous versions of WoFF and other games) but not tried this one... I'll try it out this weekend! :good:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the main question is whether your system has the juice to run the mod. If that is not an issue, than you should definitely try the mod. The airfields are no longer generic, are much more historically accurate (down to the placement of side roads, occasional tennis courts and apple orchards), and are bustling with "activity" (planes in and outside hangers, ack ems going about their work, even that barking dog we all hear before take off)!

So, if your system can handle it, my conclusion is that the mod is a "must-have."

Edit: based on WOFF PE, I would say you can expect to lose 5 - 10 fps depending on activity and location over the front if you use the mod. Not bad if you are consistently getting 80 - 100 fps, not so much if you are only getting 40 - 60.

Edited by BuckeyeBob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/28/2021 at 3:03 PM, rjw said:

If you are a user of the mods, would you kindly identify yourself in this thread and what version of WOFF you currently run.

Just installed CCFM, playing BH&H2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Robert, 

I used to under WOFF PE - then had to do some reinstalls and did not put it back in place.
Have not yet started using it in BH&H2 want to get the feel without mods first.
But I do plan to use it again at some point.

Regards,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..