Sign in to follow this  
TROOPER117

BH&H II and WoTR won't run...

I've moved both of these games to a new SSD, and now they won't run... they keep telling me they have failed an integrity check... any ideas chaps!

Reinstalled there or just moved them mate. ?

if moved then I’m certain there’d be a issue with windows registry, I’ve recently done exactly the same thing with BHAH II last month but reinstalled instead of moving. ..I can remember moving PE from my D drive to my E drive (expansion) a couple of years ago..It wouldn’t run, so I reinstalled to the E drive and had no issues.

Edited by Adger

I moved them to a new ssd, and I'm sure I've done it with WoFF before... In fact I've moved all my flight sims to the new drives, redone all the shortcuts as well, every single one of them has started and run perfectly... except BH&H2 and WoTR.

I don't want to go through a reinstall if I can help it, but can't understand how all the other games I've cut and pasted over are fine, lol!

Yep I’ve copied /pasted loads of games sims over in the past Troop. Steam especially is good for that, I’ve certainly had issues in the past just copying Woff etc..I remember moving PE and then trying the latest patch that came out .it wouldn’t find the Woff directory

my honest opinion mate, I’d save any mods in a folder maybe backup any pilots ect and totally nuke the existing install. Reinstall from scratch and patch up, reinstall mods. Bit of a ball ache but possibly less mithersome in the long run. Hopefully you’ll get it sorted. Hopefully Pol il see you’re post and give his thoughts mate..best of luck 

Edited by Adger

@Adger...  Thanks for your input, I took your advice and I've uninstalled/reinstalled WoTR, copied my mods folder, but didn't know how to save any pilot settings etc.

Got JSGME going with my saved mods, patched up to date etc and the game now runs, and yes it was a ball ache... it's too late to do anymore, but tomorrow I guess it's sort through all my control settings and start at least an RAF and a Luftwaffe campaign and fly a mission on each just to get back up to speed again.

Then at some stage I've got to do the lot again with BH&H II... :frantic: :flyer:

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, TROOPER117 said:

@Adger...  Thanks for your input, I took your advice and I've uninstalled/reinstalled WoTR, copied my mods folder, but didn't know how to save any pilot settings etc.

Got JSGME going with my saved mods, patched up to date etc and the game now runs, and yes it was a ball ache... it's too late to do anymore, but tomorrow I guess it's sort through all my control settings and start at least an RAF and a Luftwaffe campaign and fly a mission on each just to get back up to speed again.

Then at some stage I've got to do the lot again with BH&H II... :frantic: :flyer:

Glad you’ve got WOTR sorted mate, RJW,s brilliant mod can backup your pilots troop..Hopefully BHAH II will go smoothly :good:

• Like 1

WOFF and WOTR have many settings in the registry.  You cannot just copy it across.  You could have installed fresh, then removed the new WOFF folder and pasted your old one you backed-up (provided they were the same versions etc) and that would work to some extent, although you would need to enter your order number again and mayeb reset some options if you have some non default in the Workshop.

Keys/joystick settings are in the .xca files found in another location

C:\Users\<Your-Logon-User-Name>\AppData\Roaming\OBD_Games\OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields       WOFFKeys.xca
C:\Users\<Your-Logon-User-Name>\AppData\Roaming\OBD_Games\OBDWW2 Wings Over The Reich      WOTRKeys.xca

Edited by Polovski
  • Thanks 1

Hello gents, another trick worth trying, if you're too lazy to re-install everything onto another HDD/SSD, is to open the Windows registry and drill down into the following folder:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/OBD Software/Wings Over Flanders Fields

Once there, double-click the entry called "OFFPath," then change the info. in the "Value data:" section to point to the correct drive where you have moved/copied over your previous WOFF install, and click "OK."

The entry I have, for example, under "Value data:" is:

C:\OBDSoftware\WOFF\OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields

This would be the relevant entry to change, depending on where you have moved your WOFF install. Have never experimented with this on my rig. since WOFF is on my C drive (and is always in the C drive when installing in a WineSkin/Bottler), but it's worth a shot and might save you from doing an entire re-install. If successful, the same info. would apply when copying WOTR to other drives too.

Cheers all and happy tinkering,

Von S :smile: