Nesher

Taliban's new arsenal, HOLY FUDGE

612bd5f11ea05e19.jpg

🤯

Edited by Nesher
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Don't think that accounts for the amount that fled Afghanistan during the chaos of the retreat.

Doubt they could keep a lot of the aircraft operational anyway without support.

• Like 1

well the Hercules and the Hips shouldnt be too hard to keep using  actually, given they are everywhere

for ability to fly, the Little Birds, Tucanos and Cessnas were given to the Afghans because they are simple to maintain. also not uncommon aircraft to get parts for

for avionics and ability to effectively (and accurately) fight, yeah i think it will mostly break down within the year

on the Humvees and tracks however, half will be NMC by end of month, the rest by Halloween. im laughing my ass on on those

tho satire, sums it all up quite well.

https://www.duffelblog.com/p/taliban-cant-believe-they-actually?r=kw68&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=web&utm_source=twitter

especially the last line :biggrin:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MigBuster said:

Don't think that accounts for the amount that fled Afghanistan during the chaos of the retreat.

I've read that the numbers in this chart are from 2017. Fair to say the numbers are wrong considering the amount of pilots that fled to Uzbekistan with their aircraft.

37 minutes ago, daddyairplanes said:

on the Humvees and tracks however, half will be NMC by end of month, the rest by Halloween. im laughing my ass on on those

Same. Humvees will go NMC for no good reason even if you give them a full, by the book PMCS (but who actually does that?!)

• Like 3

I guess the peace agreement should have included the Afghan Government instead of the Taliban if we didn't want the equipment to fall into the wrong hands. I wonder what big brain person approved that agreement?

My bet is that once the evacuation is complete, we'll see a concert of air strikes to destroy the caches of equipment left for and by the Afghan Government.

• Like 2

It's like Argentinian Mirages during Falklands War. Not a big combat value without spare parts. Only weapons that Talibans can use are personal assault rifles, mortars, lot of HMV (but only for numbers), MANPADs .. All what is not over just man imagination. All advanced weapons and planes .. and helicopters , are lost .. for both sides.

Some info on the Talibans new collection of junk.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/42204/taliban-show-off-captured-aircraft-and-other-spoils-after-taking-over-kabuls-airport

The U.S. military has said that all 73 of the aircraft that McKenzie mentioned are now permanently disabled. "They can look all they want but they can't fly them," Pentagon Press Secretary John Kirby told CNN this morning. 

"Those aircraft will never fly again when we left," General McKenzie had said yesterday. "They'll never be able to be operated by anyone. Most of them were non-mission capable, to begin with, but certainly they'll never be able to be flown again."

• Like 1