not that I know of. I know there was talk of a Syria map but not sure the status

I guess no one's ever heard of Eritrea

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I have a brand new one in the works, but it's been sitting on my HD for quite some time. Not sure when it will be finished. It doesn't cover the entirety of the Red Sea, but the north of it is already included in the stock IsraelME terrain. This new one offers many different scenarios.

Eritrea and North Yemen are Blue Side. Eritrea will only appear after its independence date, before that it's part of Ethiopia. The same for Yemen, it's unified after May 22nd 1990, being completely Red Side.

EthiopiaAH_PlanningMap2_000.thumb.jpg.0a77c5cc0c16537258da538d67652b9d.jpg

Edited by Menrva
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

This is great

The Ogaden war is one of the only missing conflict in SF2

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Righteous26 said:

Here is the map for F-22 TAW. This is the area I am looking for.

Yes, I understood you were looking for TAW's map. Once I had started to work on it, but then I scrapped it; it's impossible to reproduce such a big area with all of TAW's cities and airbases in a reasonable time. Not to mention that Strike Fighters is not designed to handle full scale terrains but rather 60% scaled ones. We'd be lucky if I ever manage to finish the one I showed above. It seems to me that many underestimate the amount of complexity, work and time required to create a decent custom terrain for Strike Fighters. In order to recreate rivers and lakes, you have to place thousands of thousands of terrain tiles manually with a third-party tool, and that's not exactly something anyone would do in a heartbeat. And that's just one of the many parts of terrain creation. I could mention months of research for reproducing correct locations of cities and airbases, all needing to be placed and recreated manually one by one. A well detailed, full scale TAW terrain complete with all Real World rivers and lakes and cities is simply not manageable and it's not going to happen.

Edited by Menrva
  • Thanks 2