Sign in to follow this  
Stratos

EAW, blast from the past.

Just a blast from the past, having fun on European Air War Ardennes campaign!

BTW the tilesets work on SF2 as well!

Ardennes1.jpg

• Like 6

I bought it a couple of years ago from GoG; just haven't started playing it. Sad, huh?

• Like 2

Back in the day when I got my first PC for home/gaming (around August of 2000), I saw three WW2 flight sims on the shelf: EAW, Jane's WW2 Fighters, and Fighter Squadron: Screamin' Demons Over Europe. I studied the information on the boxes: flyable planes, screenshots, etc. It was a tough call, but I already owned Jane's Fighters Anthology and loved the graphics on the box, so I went with Jane's WW2 Fighters. WW2 combat flight sims have never stopped evolving and far surpassed those three sims, so I never did go back and buy or play EAW despite my years of dedication to TK's Strike Fighters series.

Edited by streakeagle
  • Like 1

The yellow values on the top right of the screen indicate that this was not the GoG or Steam release, but one of the 1.28 series released by what is known as "the code group".

EAW was a great game 20 years ago. Unfortunatly it does not run on my current computer.

Gepard

Have you checked out the latest versions?
I have it running in Windows 10.

Check the EAW forum at SimHQ- there are several download links in the posts and you do not have to be a member (I am not).

• Like 1

I've had this game since 2000. And still fly it regularly. There's always something new that happens, that keeps the interest. 

Just installed EAW/UAW 1.60-( standalone mod pack) ,and enjoy it very much. Full screen and in win 10. What joy ! Played it a lot back in the day till CFS2 and CFS3 came out. Still hard core with CFS3 after 20 years and love these classic sims. Very few air comat sims these days, so it's nice to play ones from the golden era of combat flight sims. Love the 90's to early 2000's air combat sims. Regards,Scott