Sign in to follow this  
daddyairplanes

What A-7D goes with what install?

hey everyone, time is getting close on the SLUF pack, and it is stock A-7D based. This brings up a serious queston though:

What models (A-7D, A-7D_75 etc) go with which versions (SF2 Vietnam, Europe etc)?

need to know so i can include min requirements in the readme. i've been running full 5+2 merged installs for around a decade so i really cant remember. and TW store just list em as "A-7D" not which year version

any help is greatly appreciated

In my install, they all show the base A-D/75/78 versions. The DO have differing units on occasion, but trying to find every a-7 unit that flew in every theatre, whether assigned or TDY, might require a full-time historian, as they were worked pretty hard everywhere.

Edited by Nightshade/PR

(sips coffee, sets it down, mutters under breath...)

what i am i meaning is like this

you get SF2 Vietnam, what versions come with that? I am certain _78 doesnt come with that since it ends in 1975

you get straight up SF2, what versions are available in Dhimar?

SF2 Europe?

pretty sure there are none in Israel, and that North Atlantic features the E_74, not so much the D (being a naval based version)

that way i can say "Need to have Strike Fighters 2 xxx in order for this mod to work properly" in the instructions

pretty sure you're on a full up install like i am....:biggrin:

Interesting how I never thought of that small detail. I bow to your superior wisdom. :smile:

image.png.d7a2989e67daa740308a867ca2639e21.png

• Haha 2

SFV has "Pure" A-7D 

Improved A-7Ds are in SF2E 

• Thanks 1

I guess all aircrafts are listed @ thirdwire.com.... 

Can´t check at the moment, cause I´m @ work.

It’s in the Knowledge Base, courtesy of MigBuster.

Edited by allenjb42

It may be much easier on you to place the "Tested on a Full 5 Merged Install" disclaimer on the download page and readme file. The worst thing that is likely to happen to a user who selects a variant for which they have no lod is a CTD.

• Like 2

thank you all

Soulfreak: TW site lists  the base models, not the by year. kind of important since 2 (possibly 3; havent decided if LANA is getting its own variant) are dependant on the A-7D_78, not just the generic A-7D

Righteous26: already planned to mention. but shouldnt be an issue if say the end user has just SF2 Europe. i was concerned about whats in Vietnam and regular SF2, but also knew that someone with just NA or Israel wouldnt be able to use it. but i have a little statement for the readme already given its based of a stock mod

Allen, you got the winning answer. most of what i worked with is Europe only

now will probably take the original "USAFCAMOxxx" versions and plug them into the vanilla D as all the rest are for _75 or _78 (or my renditions thereof). that way folks with SF2V but not SF2E arent totally left out

• Like 1

Had the link to the knowlege Base post not been given, I could have confirmed it's SF2 Europe. I only own SF2:E, SF2:NA and SF2:I and I have the A-7D_75 and A-7D_78 from my purchase of SF2:E.

• Like 1