6 hours ago, logan4 said:

RussoUk's tutorial is good in the knowledge base:

Don't forget you do vertex animation not poly or mesh...

---------------

As for the pit problem, if you have flipped faces then you should make them face correctly. If not solves, send me over in PM then I can try to take a look at it, might be material or other settings issue.

Max and case references have been sent

10 hours ago, simonmiller416 said:

So this thread might become kinda personal WIP mini-dev thing, hope this is permitted lol

Yeah and if you really want you can get a hold of Wrench and he can probably rename it for you as well.

• Haha 1

(rubs hands together and cackles in evil delight)

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Wrench said:

(rubs hands together and cackles in evil delight)

Nooooooooooooo! Don't do that!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha 2

img08854.thumb.JPG.ec533cf9b8ffe3310d5f20544cd48721.JPG

With the help of  logan4  the main body of this cockpit may not have a big problem. I will keep his suggestions for future reference. Now I will start to completely design the MFD graphics in the cockpit

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

img00175.thumb.JPG.35661808324eb9925cd98c0392c1cfcf.JPG

Some more WIP thing 

I want to ask everyone's opinion, J-20 is a Chinese bird, so I incorporated a lot of Chinese pictographs into the cockpit design, which is obviously not the English that everyone is familiar with, is it okay for everyone?

• Like 2

It doesn't bother me since it's not on the level of clicky cockpits of say, DCS. So if it's not in English I'll survive by pressing buttons and seeing what happens.

• Thanks 1

Glad to hear that.

And maybe it's true that if it's not DCS lish cockpit so won't be big problem.

BTW some of these system is reference F-35's, it may helpful for that project

Some more pics

Basically, it is still in the design of interactive logic and screens. After the basic interface is designed, it needs to be polished to ensure that it appears in front of everyone's eyes with the highest possible quality.

img00180.JPG

img00181.JPG

• Like 6

Some external parts updated,

Rebuilt an EOTS with translucent windows and highly reflective specular textures.

img00198.JPG

img00199.JPG

img00200.JPG

img00201.JPG

img00203.JPG

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

But I'm having issues building the slimer lights, they don't actually glow in the game as I expect
(Or just not bright enough? I don't know, because it's not as bright as other mods in nighttime environment, it looks like it doesn't glow at all,from the pictures below it can be seen that the slimer on the vertical tail does not shine at all)

About my settings

[RightVertailSlimer1]
SystemType=LIGHT
LightNodeName=Slimer_RVT1_On
CanFlash=FALSE       
Brightness=0.04    ←←
LightSrcRange=0.002   ←←

I tried to add this, but it didn't work too (Of course, I refer to the data of other mods, they haven't added it, I just tried it)

And I think it's probably for the same reason: MFD images seem to get very dark in shadows, but RWR and radar images can stay bright regardless of lighting, I guess this may be related to the setting of the layer channel, but I don't know where to start
Can someone give me some hints?

img00204.JPG

img00206.JPG

========================================================================================================================================================================

img00207.JPG

img00208.JPG

Edited by simonmiller416
  • Like 2

aren't slimers done with self-illuminating tgas?

• Thanks 1

Slimers can be separate parts of the model, no need to use .tga, just paint them on an area of your map as you would any other parts. I usually paint the "off" light straight onto the skin itself and the "on" version is a separate mesh so paint somewhere else. You need to get the game to call for the "On" light by using its mesh name in the data ini.Brightness can be controlled by settings in max.

Take a look at some of Ravenclaw's F-4's to see how the data ini's are set up.

There are probably other ways too, this is just how I do it & I'm still learning too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sundowner said:

Slimers can be separate parts of the model, no need to use .tga, just paint them on an area of your map as you would any other parts. I usually paint the "off" light straight onto the skin itself and the "on" version is a separate mesh so paint somewhere else. You need to get the game to call for the "On" light by using its mesh name in the data ini.Brightness can be controlled by settings in max.

Take a look at some of Ravenclaw's F-4's to see how the data ini's are set up.

There are probably other ways too, this is just how I do it & I'm still learning too.

Err yeah they are separated models, I created them in 3dsmax, that's why I don't very sure how

"Brightness can be controlled by settings in max." I miss this step ,thank you your the hint!

Edited by simonmiller416

21 minutes ago, simonmiller416 said:

Err yeah they are separated models, I created them in 3dsmax, that's why I don't very sure how

Ahhh yes, I missed that bit. it was too early on a Sunday morning for me....:stars:

• Thanks 1

Nice work Simonmiller416 :clapping:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GKABS said:

Nice work Simonmiller416 :clapping:

Thanks, I still have a lot of details to learn

[Edited]

We need to add a "self-illumination" texture to the Material interface, successfully

64c66083ded0a_)BSVW2AG3WWJNU2RT7Q.thumb.png.e9b25cbb1119a0e15daf217ef69ff4a9.png

img00218.thumb.JPG.d54f5cf7b01e1900cd4017d723811f7e.JPG

img00219.thumb.JPG.a7832d62527bc8a231296daa943e5e14.JPG

Edited by simonmiller416
  • Like 4

I once discussed this with EricJ,

I think this validates my guess, if we need a "night vision compatible" cockpit, then we first consider lowering the light sources in the cockpit during the modeling stage, so that in the renderer, they will become visible, without “Blooming”.

But if the map and ADI with a bright background perform such an operation, I think it should not be suitable for daytime combat...

img00227.JPG

img00228.JPG

img00229.JPG

img00230.JPG

• Like 2

More appearance detail upgrade , no problem today.

I think basically only the cockpit needs to be improved, it can take off in CA

img00239.JPG

img00244.JPG

img00245.JPG

• Like 7

Excellent model, congratulations... if you don't get bored of the dragon, you have the source to make the 2-headed dragon debut in a sim :clapping:...

(I don't really know which version was left, if the canopy with the central frame or the bubble canopy)

J-20-portada.jpg

image.png.21b264387dfb5a69d92049fe8acc8ef0.png

• Like 2

On 01-08-2023 at 10:18 PM, simonmiller416 said:

Some small progress

@[}89FA}W{~~R{N@HW]KF%V.jpg

What if???

image.thumb.png.ad98839e55341be9a0cd7530340600b1.png

Edited by PeacePuma