16 hours ago, EricJ said:

I mean once you kill the radar you obviously neuter the whole site.

This is for sure, even in SF2, they are setting in a network.Kinda cool.

It's just that the launcher still needs to be destroyed in the SEAD mission in sf2, which confuses me

(haha, it's not exactly the case, considering the combat situation of the original version game, maybe the fighters did blow up all the anti-aircraft artillery in the 50s - 60s)

6 hours ago, simonmiller416 said:

This is for sure, even in SF2, they are setting in a network.Kinda cool.

It's just that the launcher still needs to be destroyed in the SEAD mission in sf2, which confuses me

(haha, it's not exactly the case, considering the combat situation of the original version game, maybe the fighters did blow up all the anti-aircraft artillery in the 50s - 60s)

Yeah, it's interesting as you have to cleanse the site. Which makes a Growler kind of useless in some ways, or a Prowler. Then again I haven't played many SEAD missions in-game so I don't know everything about cleansing a site.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, EricJ said:

Yeah, it's interesting as you have to cleanse the site. Which makes a Growler kind of useless in some ways, or a Prowler. Then again I haven't played many SEAD missions in-game so I don't know everything about cleansing a site.

for a game gernerated mission this would be likely true, and i'd go back to the old hunter killer days and make your wing man a regular Super Bug. with cluster bombs.

but if you have mission editor ( i know you do Eric, dunno bout simonmiller or the viewers at home) you could just set the radar as the mission target.

I didn't think of that, but doesn't the game just use a map set SAM installation? I would think so.

just tried it out in ME.

eveidently SEAD operates on a percentage, not on "eliminate x target".

mine popped up as 57%. i guess lower teh percentage and then target teh radar :dntknw:

7 hours ago, daddyairplanes said:

just tried it out in ME.

eveidently SEAD operates on a percentage, not on "eliminate x target".

mine popped up as 57%. i guess lower teh percentage and then target teh radar :dntknw:

Yep, considering how old era the vanilla game based was...

In fact, I also have the editor in EXP2, but usually, the objective of missions will point to the complete SAM site set by the terrain maker.

Even if we destroy the radar, the site has lost its function,we will sitll need to blow up all the launchers within the percentage...Back to the old days...

• Like 2

P.S. It can also be regarded as for the F-35C, I tried to make a new oriental mystery bird

img00625.JPG

img00630.JPG

img00621.JPG

• Like 4

7 hours ago, simonmiller416 said:

we will sitll need to blow up all the launchers within the percentage...Back to the old days...

not quite as much. in ME you can lower the percentange down.

the trick is figuring out what percentage the radars make up. most likely by dropping percentage, taking out radars, seeing if the mission is a success

we nominate you to put that bell on the cat :lol:

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, daddyairplanes said:

not quite as much. in ME you can lower the percentange down.

the trick is figuring out what percentage the radars make up. most likely by dropping percentage, taking out radars, seeing if the mission is a success

we nominate you to put that bell on the cat :lol:

Yeah Yeah time to rush SA-22:biggrin:

But Having said that,maybe we can just let AI to do SEAD job in morden era, like HARMs only blow Radars

I think this is hopeless, but I still want to ask one more question, ladies and gentlemen, is there any clue about the modern version of Taiwan terrain?

I've done my work and spent about an hour searching, but it seems the latest one is outdated still.

In the version on my hard drive, some Taiwanese airports still have F104s parked, and Chinese airports still have Mig21s parked:lol: Jesus,imma flying 5th Gen Fighter!

I don't think there is an updated one. I've never seen nor heard one being worked on. Maybe Gepard will do one, who knows.

• Like 1

removing those parked statics is easy --- just search them out in the target ini, and comment out their statement(s)

Thusly:

Target[271].Type=xxMIG21
Target[271].Offset=413.00,-11.00
Target[271].Heading=90

you don't even need to edit the _types ini.

btw, can you post a link to the terrain? And have you added the "fixes" I did to it in the mid/late 2000s???

ps: maybe they're parked decoys????

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Wrench said:

removing those parked statics is easy --- just search them out in the target ini, and comment out their statement(s)

Thusly:

Target[271].Type=xxMIG21
Target[271].Offset=413.00,-11.00
Target[271].Heading=90

you don't even need to edit the _types ini.

btw, can you post a link to the terrain? And have you added the "fixes" I did to it in the mid/late 2000s???

ps: maybe they're parked decoys????

Decoys? make sense!:rofl:Thank you for the hint about parked statics.

Ah and for the link tbh Im not sure about it, cuz I think I got the files in the early 2010s,maybe I have ,maybe not.

How about post your "fixed" link, my frined? sry for I may not that sure about which one is it.

Never mind about the terrain, I downloaded it earlier this evening. Yeah, it's in need of some serious fiddling with. The major problem is the lack of actual physical targets in the cities. Those that do exist, are placed with major interferences from the tile's TODs (the solid buildings). The airfields are is dire need of some remodeling, to rearrange the various shelters and hangars and whatnot's usually expected on air bases.

Give me some time --- a LOT of it!!! -- and I"ll see what I can do with it.

(side note -- I wonder how much work it would be to bring my WW2 Formosa map to 'modern' standards; it's full of industrial targets (but Formosa island is 'enemy', as it's Japanese at that point in time). Things to consider ...)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Wrench said:

Give me some time --- a LOT of it!!! -- and I"ll see what I can do with it.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh(Imma jumping up and down)

If you really have this plan that would be wonderful! Im not asking for this from start anyway!

Edited by simonmiller416
  • Like 1

In the meantime...Some more flight tests going on...

Same FM problem with the J-20, after passing about Mach 1 the birds will automatically raise their heads...Need more adjustments...

And still, the cockpit thing in the past 2 weeks I still could not make those...WEAPON_QUANTITY , WEAPON_STATION_SELECTOR or Weapon_Type_ID thins to work,I would have liked them to at least display my loaded weapons correctly in SMS,but...

I still need more time to seek reference and learn more.

img00664.JPG

img00665.JPG

• Like 3

4 hours ago, simonmiller416 said:

And still, the cockpit thing in the past 2 weeks I still could not make those...WEAPON_QUANTITY , WEAPON_STATION_SELECTOR or Weapon_Type_ID thins to work,I would have liked them to at least display my loaded weapons correctly in SMS,but...

I still need more time to seek reference and learn more.

If you look at the Mirage4000 pits there is a simple variant of that kind of displaying, could show the basics. I got more sophisticated ones also, but those aren't released yet with their birds. There are various ways to show things and also depend on the weapon stations too, if they have single or multiple munition type load abilities.

• Thanks 1

Let this be our little secret. Due to some personal reasons, we may not continue to make mods for SF2 in the short term (at least we won’t devote ourselves to it day and night). This version is still in a very Beta stage. There are still quite a few issues, so I'm going to share this test version here rather than on the official download page.

There are currently two biggest problems, 1. The cockpit model is still not perfect, and 2. The FM of the airframe is not perfect.

I've spent quite a bit of time there, but I'm really not an expert on some things (especially FM), and I figured some of the talented folks here might be interested in helping.

Thanks in advance!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fpebvaRMwmBeljv1Dg8Jn3lFk17n5-iV/view?usp=sharing

Edited by simonmiller416
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

BTW, What does this mod probably have?
(1) First, it contains two advanced birds, J-20A and J-20S.
In case some people don’t know much about it, the J-20 is a fifth-generation stealth twin-engine heavy fighter from the mysterious country in the East.
The first verification aircraft completed its first test flight in 2011 and entered service with the Chinese Air Force in 2017. It has been used in the past It has undergone numerous major or minor upgrades and improvements in more than ten years, giving it excellent low detectability (stealth capability), omnidirectional situational awareness, powerful radar and breakthrough collaborative combat capabilities. 
The J-20A is the single-seat basic model, while the two-seat version, the J-20S, was first spotted in 2022. Most people speculate that it will serve as a "loyal wingman" command unit.

(2) Independent cockpit, but it should be noted that this cockpit is fabricated out of thin air and does not represent the real appearance of the J-20 cockpit. It is only based on vague news videos and simulation cockpit pictures at air shows. ;

(3) The Chinese alarm audio generated by AI, of course, fabricated. There are related videos circulating on the Internet that prove the existence of cockpit voice, but we are unable to determine the exact content;

(4) Since the J-20 uses the same AESA radar as the F-22, I set a higher scanning frequency and intensity for them to avoid the disadvantages of traditional mechanical scanning radar and improve the resistance to old ECM .
Of course, based on the SF2 game, there is essentially no difference between them, except that the player's operation will be more comfortable; I have performed the same operation on all similar radars of the same era in my own game, and for myself Said they did a good job, but I don't know if that would be a bit IMBA for you guys.

(5) In reality, there is no sign that the J-20 carries a cannon, so I did not equip the 20A and 20S models with cannons, Hit and Run!
Moreover, the current J-20A in reality has no signs of using any air to ground weapons, so I designed it as a pure air superiority fighter and used the avionics module dll of the F14A to enable it to track and attack four targets at the same time, which removes the ability to scan the ground objects, even though EOTS is still available.
For the J-20S, since there is only speculation about how it works, I regard it as a multi-role fighter and hope that it will have complete ground attack capabilities, so the 70s avionics module is used to detect ground targets.

===========================================================================================================

Original basic model and textures:
Ice is silent water (Not a member of CA,I purchased the resources from him)

Special Thanks:

yakarov79(When I just started to import the model, I was prompted about the key problem of the number of model  faces. This is very basic, but if no one reminds me, I might give up early)

logan4(Generously gave detailed case references in difficult problems such as model shadows and cockpit normals  to help me solve problems)

Sundowner (Helped me solve the problem that the formation (slime) lights don't work)

Wrench (Also gave me hints in the formation lights question, but I especially want to thank him for the extra  “modding help”)

EricJ(Great ideas in my modding process)

Menrva(Great ideas in my modding process)

JAT81500(For the JHMCS/pilot mod)

Crusader(For parts of HUD textures)

angelp(For the PLAAF Weapon Pack Redux Part 1)

Of course, there are far more than these people. In the knowledge base of the forum, many people's detailed  discussions have given me a certain level of foundation for modding through years of ini editing.
It can be said that most of the people here have helped me indirectly.

If I forgot to mention you who also contributed, please be sure to let me know as soon as possible.

In the end, the most in need of thanks is TK, which allows this high-degree-of-freedom game to appear.

I'm just standing on the shoulders of giants.

Edited by simonmiller416
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Very impressive and beautiful mod !!! Thanks a lot ! :good: P.

• Thanks 1

Looking good so far man :good:

• Thanks 1

I also encountered other things. The J-15A/B that was being adjusted obviously had a serious FM problem. I have fixed the biggest bug as much as possible, but the bird will still autonomously lift up after increasing the thrust, so that after being launched, it will roll countless times in the air and finally fall into the sea due to stalling. But shortly after takeoff, we were able to maintain a normal flying attitude.

I think I mistakenly assigned the wrong lift coefficient to some of the airfoils(maybe mostly because of the flaps?),since I didn't assign the thrust vector to the engine, and I didn't set the "AOA limit overwirite" on the J-20mod for it, but it's hard for me to pinpoint the reason.

Is anyone interested in checking and fixing it for me? Appreciate!

img00012.jpg

Edited by simonmiller416
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, simonmiller416 said:

I also encountered other things. The J-15A/B that was being adjusted obviously had a serious FM problem. I have fixed the biggest bug as much as possible, but the bird will still autonomously lift up after increasing the thrust, so that after being launched, it will roll countless times in the air and finally fall into the sea due to stalling. But shortly after takeoff, we were able to maintain a normal flying attitude.

I think I mistakenly assigned the wrong lift coefficient to some of the airfoils(maybe mostly because of the flaps?),since I didn't assign the thrust vector to the engine, and I didn't set the "AOA limit overwirite" on the J-20mod for it, but it's hard for me to pinpoint the reason.

Is anyone interested in checking and fixing it for me? Appreciate!

img00012.jpg

Since the J-15 is basically a reverse engineered copy of the SU-33 why not look at the FM from GKABS latest version or even just make a J-15 specific version of it?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1