hi brothers 

i lost my windows 10 service pack 2 on which i was running strike fighters 2 complete edition without any issues , i have recently updated this windows 10 pro 

Edition    Windows 10 Pro
Version    22H2
Installed on    ‎7/‎18/‎2023
OS build    19045.2006
Experience    Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0

i want to ask can i run SF2 on it ? 

bcoz when i installed Sf2 on it i got windows errors and my laptop started restarting frequently and stuck on system repaire  , so i just removed and uninstalled SF2 alas , is there any fix or should i roll back to win10 SP 2 again or win7 ????

any realible suggestion will be apprciated 

@Menrva bro any suggstion !

dddr.PNG

Edited by PJB
i forgot screenshot
  • Sad 1

SF2 has run on Win10. at least i was able to with minimal issue all the way back to the beta testing period . one release hiccuped the game, but it hiccuped alot of things and MS release another version less than a week later. i have not had Win10 Pro but i cant see why that would be an issue

It also runs on Win11. I have no problems with my laptop which was built as a Win11 system. i get a few issues with my desktop, which i upgraded from Win10 to Win11 after activating the TPM bit. usually those issue involve something else running while im trying to fly a quick mission in SF2

you should not have to roll back to Win7 at all. I dont think you need to leave Win10Pro, try just running the install in compatability model. NOTE: i have never had to do this. but many others here have and will say that you need to do this

• Haha 1

On 7/19/2023 at 9:03 PM, PJB said:

hi brothers 

i lost my windows 10 service pack 2 on which i was running strike fighters 2 complete edition without any issues , i have recently updated this windows 10 pro 

Edition    Windows 10 Pro
Version    22H2
Installed on    ‎7/‎18/‎2023
OS build    19045.2006
Experience    Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0

i want to ask can i run SF2 on it ? 

bcoz when i installed Sf2 on it i got windows errors and my laptop started restarting frequently and stuck on system repaire  , so i just removed and uninstalled SF2 alas , is there any fix or should i roll back to win10 SP 2 again or win7 ????

any realible suggestion will be apprciated 

@Menrva bro any suggstion !

dddr.PNG

It certainly runs on Win 10 x64 ! My installation is for years and never had a problem runing it on Win 10. If it doesn't work it's not the OS, it's your configuration, there I think you should start searching. Win 10 has the same NT core as Win 7, that is why is running without issue.

Edited by UllyB
  • Like 1

On 7/19/2023 at 11:25 PM, daddyairplanes said:

you should not have to roll back to Win7 at all. I dont think you need to leave Win10Pro, try just running the install in compatability model. NOTE: i have never had to do this. but many others here have and will say that you need to do this

You need to rol back to Windows 7. It will solve the problem on 100% chance. Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!

as to say seriouse, on my Windows 10 it crashes when 2nd display is on. i need to turn off 2 display first, than play. not on the display button, but in nVidea driver. aftrer playing i turn it back. But this is only my case. An yes, it works on Windows 7 better. i still use Windows 7

Edited by bazillius

Two displays...? Hmmm I never thought you are so greedy LOL

57 minutes ago, UllyB said:

Two displays...?

C'mon, who will use only one display :biggrin: you have 2 eyes = 2 displays. Logicaly? Yes logicaly. I have a TV on the wall connected to the pc for games and 2 displays on table. For example you are modellinag and at 2nd display you watch movie. Or on one display is working window and ant 2nd panels for thois program in which you work.

By the way. To the PJB. I recomend you to use the blocker, which block automatic idiotick windows updater. it solves a lot of problems. You will update cumulative updates and will install it by yuself. No more not checked not understandable updates any more. I dont say you the name of blocker to not be responsibled for your system. But I've been using this lock for many years now. What microsoft did with auto-updates in the home version of windows is complete idiocy. I think everyone has come across the fact that his computer stopped loading after an update made in bad faith, or programs crashed and stop working. So i think it is windows issue. despite the fact that you have a pro version . Not the game isue

Edited by bazillius

4 hours ago, bazillius said:

on my Windows 10 it crashes when 2nd display is on. i need to turn off 2 display first, than play. not on the display button, but in nVidea driver. aftrer playing i turn it back. But this is only my case. An yes, it works on Windows 7 better. i still use Windows 7

youre thinking too small :haha:

Win11 (after activating TPM and upgrading from Win10). 3 monitors

system just shuffles everything to the other two screens when i load the game up

no UllyB, he aint greedy. cause im finding three to have ...... irritating limits :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't have the need for two monitors, as I got a laptop and do fine with one.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, daddyairplanes said:

no UllyB, he aint greedy. cause im finding three to have ...... irritating limits :lol:

yeah. and i d like to have 4!!!!!!!:biggrin:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, EricJ said:

I don't have the need for two monitors, as I got a laptop and do fine with one.

i was there for many years. then got exposed to two screens when i went back to school

then went to three when i got this desktop. 

going back to a laptop over the winter (especially while learning Maya) was .... very f ckin frustrating!

1 minute ago, daddyairplanes said:

i was there for many years. then got exposed to two screens when i went back to school

then went to three when i got this desktop. 

going back to a laptop over the winter (especially while learning Maya) was .... very f ckin frustrating!

I could get another monitor if I needed it, but I don't have room on my table, so I'm limited to the laptop monitor and that's it. I just don't have space for another monitor, so I don t think about it. But in your case I understand.

• Like 1

i understand yours too (space). i was stuck in it for about 6 months.

to each their own as they can do..

15 hours ago, bazillius said:

By the way. To the PJB. I recomend you to use the blocker, which block automatic idiotick windows updater. it solves a lot of problems. You will update cumulative updates and will install it by yuself. No more not checked not understandable updates any more. I dont say you the name of blocker to not be responsibled for your system. But I've been using this lock for many years now. What microsoft did with auto-updates in the home version of windows is complete idiocy. I think everyone has come across the fact that his computer stopped loading after an update made in bad faith, or programs crashed and stop working. So i think it is windows issue. despite the fact that you have a pro version . Not the game isue

Well, it's not a good choice. Sometimes, programmers implement updated frameworks for their software and you NEED the updates if you want to run the program. Even for games you need updates for Windows. So...yes , apparently one would like to get rid of those pesky updates and that insolent Microsoft intrusion , which I hate it, by the way, but at the end of the day you need them ;)

7 hours ago, UllyB said:

updated frameworks for their software and you NEED the updates if you want to run the program.

Yes, it's true. Updates are needed. But how do I do? I don't touch my computer as long as everything works that I need. As soon as some NEW program writes that it cannot start, I look at the error code. I read about it online. Then I either install a cumulative update, which is proven and definitely does not cause failures, or I install exactly what I need through a special update manager.
Didn't you have such that you play the game, half an hour was not saved. And the boss fight begins! and you have already brought the sword to the finishе the boss and then bam! your computer needs a restart! Or laggs in the middle of the game far from saving point, In home version you cant turn off updates and it is idioty.

Or another example. During rocket attacks, you have ten minutes to find out the situation, read instructions from the government. The Internet is barely working because your relay tower is damaged by a missile. You turn on the computer ..... and it downloads updates and writes wait a minute please, and so you wait ten minutes for this minute.

Than say "shit! damn you Microsoft!" and run away without info.

3 minutes ago, bazillius said:

"...and you have already brought the sword to the finishе the boss and then bam! your computer needs a restart! "

LOOOL Yeah, I know what you mean. When the installer kicks in without  telling you anything it's very annoying, I give you that. Usually, because I learnt the lesson, if, in that day, I wanna do something on my pc, which is a time consumer, I look into task manager after my pc started to see if Microsoft is showing its ugly face on its columns. If the coast is clear I go on to my business, if not I let it do its job and go into town for a few good hours. LOOOL

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, UllyB said:

I look into task manager after my pc started to see if Microsoft is showing its ugly face on its columns. If the coast is clear I go on to my business, if not I let it do its job and go into town for a few good hours. LOOOL

ha-ha-ha! SkyNET commands you :biggrin:

• Haha 1

Heeeey ! I am not a girl. At least not anymore :))))

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, UllyB said:

Heeeey ! I am not a girl. At least not anymore :))))

This is me hiding from microsoft autoupdate

Oh! So you ARE a girl. LOL You never told me that, what kind of friend are you ? LOL

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, UllyB said:

Oh! So you ARE a girl. LOL You never told me that, what kind of friend are you ? LOL

Sure. I am a picture. I am not real

• Haha 1

i asked for help and suggestions :rofl: