GKABS

Russia / Iran Su-35 deal collapse.

Collapse of the deal to buy Russian Su-35SE fighters by Iran. 
 • The Iranian Defense Minister implicitly confirmed that the long-awaited purchase of Sukhoi Su-35 aircraft had collapsed
 • One of the biggest reasons for the deal's failure was Russia's refusal to transfer technology, as well as provide support and maintenance to maintain the aircraft locally

6.jpg.54d9bec2b825d2dd5d4c3279d9416536.j

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

i wonder what this does for teh drones, as i was under the impression the Sukhois were part of the payment for all the Shahed's Russia hasnt been shooting in the not war.

Delete your Iranian version of Su-35 in a trashcan (Joke ! Thats the nice skin!) They can lie. Or it isanother reason: Russia is not capable of making the Su-35 amymore. A few years ago I was surprised that Egypt bought the MiG-29M2 (2017 if i remember right). For what? Why? who will serve them?  They would ask me, and I would advise them to buy ... Whatever they sell, then buy instead of Russian aircraft. We will not see Russian weapons anymore.

Edited by bazillius
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, daddyairplanes said:

i wonder what this does for teh drones, as i was under the impression the Sukhois were part of the payment for all the Shahed's Russia hasnt been shooting in the not war.

I think they gave nuclear weapon

i guess your Iranian Su-35 mod is headed for the Sci-Fi/What if download section.

Edited by climb22
  • Haha 4

In my country we say  "en la puerta del horno se quema el pan" (bread burns at the oven door) ... with agreements practically ready, a single detail sends everything to hell.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, bazillius said:

Delete your Iranian version of Su-35 in a trashcan (Joke ! Thats the nice skin!) They can lie. Or it isanother reason: Russia is not capable of making the Su-35 amymore. A few years ago I was surprised that Egypt bought the MiG-29M2 (2017 if i remember right). For what? Why? who will serve them?  They would ask me, and I would advise them to buy ... Whatever they sell, then buy instead of Russian aircraft. We will not see Russian weapons anymore.

Su-35 are still produced like before. The last batch was in July:

0uY0e7bEhw0.jpg?size=1280x854&quality=95

3BIDdoenu70.jpg?size=1280x853&quality=95

Iran's reluctance to buy more Su-35s comes from the really stupid statement of Russian diplomats:

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/7/12/iran-summons-russian-envoy-over-statement-with-gcc-on-islands

• Like 1

If you ask me, I will say Iran will try everything to gets it hand on a new 4th generation jets and they will do anything to get the Su-35 the the Irani are trying to play hard and what's more out the deal from the Russians.

1 hour ago, GKABS said:

If you ask me, I will say Iran will try everything to gets it hand on a new 4th generation jets and they will do anything to get the Su-35 the the Irani are trying to play hard and what's more out the deal from the Russians.

As for me, what I'm most interested in that s the condition of Iran's F-14 aircrafts. How many of them and what missiles can they use? I have seen such chimeras as Tomcat with Hawk missiles, R-27 (AA-10)and other terrible vivisection experiments. What do they write about it in your media? My interest is naturally purely applied. I need to know what to write in F-14A_IRAN_LOADOUT.INI . It is interesting, do they still have AIM-54A and F-7M or can they copy them. As to MY personal forecasts some countries will not have no one aircraft soon, they will use drones. Iran one of these countries. As to produced nes Su-35 we know no their numbers, no info. just sayin. Anyway we will see soon what happened.

From what I now there is 24 operational but maybe less. 

Iran contends that they currently have 24 F-14s that are still operational and flight ready, with two that have even been upgraded to F-14AMs.

These “upgraded” fighters have been modified to fly with reverse engineered, locally sourced, replacement components, as well as weapons systems Iran can reliably get their hands on.

Of course this is what the Iranian are saying. 

Iran's inability to acquire new American missiles for its F-14s had led it to modify the jets from the 1990s to be able to deploy Soviet origin missiles, including the R-27 long range air to air missile and R-73 infra red guided missile. The R-27 was much shorter ranged and less capable than the AIM-54 the fighters were originally equipped with, but was also far smaller and lighter meaning it could also be carried by normal sized aircraft and on the F-14 would facilitate a much better flight performance due to its lower weight. The R-73's reliability and ability to fire at extreme angles, meanwhile, made it by many accounts the most capable short ranged air to air missile of its time. Although they improved the F-14's versatility, these missiles were not well suited to the Tomcat's primary mission which was very long range interceptions - something only the American AIM-54 and Russian R-33 and K-100 were well suited to at the time. This led Iran to eventually reverse engineer and extensively improve the AIM-54 domestically, which provided it with a similar looking but more capable missile named the Fakour 90. 

Same here regarding the Fakour 90.  So what I will say that AIM-54 maybe not more the 20 missiles or so as they have used them up (what over was working) in the first Guld War.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, GKABS said:

Fakour 90.

Let's look and think about Iran's aviation. And so what we see on the video. New aircraft IAIO Qaher-313. Whether it was originally a stillborn-deadborn aircraft, like the Su-57, or whether it is real, no one knows. To believe the Persians right now or not I think everyone decides for himself. As we can see, other planes shine with their freshly painted sides, very beautiful, but they are very old. Design of the last century, the last plane on the video is, well, straight from the 60s. On the other hand, such a partner as China can help Iran make a good new aircraft. Although the planes of China also have questions. In my personal opinion, such "poor" countries should develop ballistic missiles and drones. It's cheap and effective. Although, again, if Iran had good ballistic missiles, we would have already seen them. Well, Iran has nuclear weapons. Of this I am sure.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1muxj4bGfItbDBK_tr28nINPoNJyuvPJr/view

As to Fakour 90. I, see, I will not rearm my Iranian F-14 from R-27 (A-10) to Fakour 90 yet. Unnamed author writes  that

https://irangeomil.blogspot.com/2018/07/analysis-fakour-air-to-air-missile.html

and some links i have found. (googletranslator in  help ;)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IAIO_Qaher-313

http://www.airwar.ru/enc/fighter/qaher313.html

This is interesting theme. I will dig this more detaiuled a little bit later.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, bazillius said:

New aircraft IAIO Qaher-313. Whether it was originally a stillborn-deadborn aircraft, like the Su-57, or whether it is real, no one knows

This Qaher it was just for propaganda only. As of Jun 2023 Finally often years of its initial unveiling in February 2023, it was announced by IAIO that the F-313 program would be reorganized into an unmanned stealth drone before it'd even had its first human-crewed test flight (and you well never see it flying too lol) 

Look at thid photo I never send a jet fighting with this width and height. Screenshot_20230725_193818_Drive.thumb.jpg.3a37e7607ad2367d0c1128406127381f.jpg

Other things like the Hawk missiles some how the US sold them to Iran during The Iran Contra Affairs. 

To me Iran has big army and supported by terrorists groups from Iraq, Lebanon and Yemen as well as long range missiles and that about it. 

• Haha 1

My question is what situation are the Russians in to lose a customer... if they don't want to transfer technology it's because they should be wary of Iran producing a local bird based on the su-35... but what are they afraid of if Iran wanted to, they could reverse engineer it anyway, they've done it before with the f-5.

12 minutes ago, PeacePuma said:

My question is what situation are the Russians in to lose a customer... if they don't want to transfer technology it's because they should be wary of Iran producing a local bird based on the su-35... but what are they afraid of if Iran wanted to, they could reverse engineer it anyway, they've done it before with the f-5.

:biggrin: May be you don't know on the other cide of our globe and its normal, but russians has some problems right now :cool:

22 minutes ago, GKABS said:

To me Iran has big army and supported by terrorists groups from Iraq, Lebanon and Yemen as well as long range missiles and that about it. 

Their drones are painful. You know that i know that. But i still havent seen balistic missiles from Iran

19 minutes ago, bazillius said:

Their drones are painful.

Yes they are cheap but effective sadly. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, GKABS said:

This Qaher it was just for propaganda only. As of Jun 2023 Finally often years of its initial unveiling in February 2023, it was announced by IAIO that the F-313 program would be reorganized into an unmanned stealth drone before it'd even had its first human-crewed test flight (and you well never see it flying too lol) 

Look at thid photo I never send a jet fighting with this width and height. Screenshot_20230725_193818_Drive.thumb.jpg.3a37e7607ad2367d0c1128406127381f.jpg

Other things like the Hawk missiles some how the US sold them to Iran during The Iran Contra Affairs. 

It's a nice bird to have in whatIf, but the cockpit is like that of electric cars for children. :biggrin:

Edited by PeacePuma
  • Haha 3

50 minutes ago, GKABS said:

This Qaher it was just for propaganda only.

i can't stop myself to post this :biggrin:. The Cockpit of Iranian stelth :ty::rofl:

qaher313-4.jpg

Here is on CA a cockpit with name "coccpit for common jets to make they flyable" or something. Looks like that pit

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, PeacePuma said:

the cabin is like that of electric cars for children. :biggrin:

:good: You managed to write it a second before me. This is unfair.:pilotfly: In the cockpit we see devices such as: a car cassette player, FM receiver, ashtray for cigarettes, Thrustmaster joystick, two connectors for USB 1.5 and a headphone jack  3.5 mm and a mechanical compass.

Edited by bazillius

1 hour ago, bazillius said:

May be you don't know on the other cide of our globe and its normal, but russians has some problems right now

I say it for the same reason... their economy and the western blockade do not allow them to become selective... and their absurd war only generates expenses for them, therefore they should sell anything to finance their madness

• Like 1

Is it possible the ex-Egyptian now ex-Iranian Su-35s were pressed into VKS service to make up for losses?

• Like 3

17 hours ago, bazillius said:

Their drones are painful. You know that i know that. But i still havent seen balistic missiles from Iran

New cruise missile from Iran -

AJ59sVoUKZQ.jpg?size=1280x854&quality=95

U2FkojLhXSU.jpg?size=1280x853&quality=95

These are Abu Mahdi' naval cruise missile.  But do you believe that they hit target from 1000 Kilometers with accuracy??? 

Line for video and Iranian propaganda

"Iran's inventory of anti-ship missiles is today built around four Chinese missile families, the C-801/C-802 (CH-SS-N-4 Sardine /CH-SS-N-6 Saccade), the YJ-9, the C-701 and the C-704. Both the YJ-9 and the C-701 are known in Iran as the Kosar family, while the C-704 is the Nasr."

This is other photo of the 1000 kilometers cruise missile they look familiar to the old Chinese missile with cosmetics outer shell. 64c10a1b53230_images(11).jpeg.c46ee28a038d9fa4304e5f27f3bce868.jpeg64c10a92e1bf6_images(10).jpeg.a93384da6c743d912056e4f12acf034f.jpeg

I really don't like to talk about Iran and there weapons as a lot of them are for  propaganda,  and yes they do have good one like the shahed 136 drone.  But generally I don't even consider reading a bout them. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OlWilly said:

New cruise missile from Iran -

When i say "Painful" i mean everyday desturbing my sleeping. Effecrivness of Iranian drones is zero. Only mental. You wake up not fresh. I think thhese cruise missiles arethe same shit. Shahed - 136 , Grad Partizan etc the weapon of civilian terror, not the weapon in classic meanin. The target of this shit is not point, is not wehicle is not electrick station. The targrt is town itsels.  Its like a bomb with nails in the underground station. Psychological effect but not military casulties. They are vert annoing but thats not gamechanging weapon. The same with all other missiles i have seen.

Edited by bazillius
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, bazillius said:

When i say "Painful" i mean everyday desturbing my sleeping. Effecrivness of Iranian drones is zero. Only mental. You wake up not fresh. I think thhese cruise missiles arethe same shit. Shahed - 136 , Grad Partizan etc the weapon of civilian terror, not the weapon in classic meanin. The target of this shit is not point, is not wehicle is not electrick station. The targrt is town itsels.  Its like a bomb with nails in the underground station. Psychological effect but not military casulties. They are vert annoing but thats not gamechanging weapon. The same with all other missiles i have seen.

Shaheds could definitely hit their targets. 

Reni port: …faceofwar/32682

SBU headquarters: …faceofwar/31977

Ammo depot: …faceofwar/32548

And so on. And they are fairly hard to intercept while being dirt cheap.

Although those are Russian Geran-2 drones which are derived from Shahed-136 but have some local changes. 

I think Saudis should start getting nervous right now. If Iran gives enough Shaheds to Yemenis, they could literally cripple Saudi oil production and ruin their economy.

Imagine Abqaiq–Khurais strike but on country wide scale  

5 hours ago, GKABS said:

But do you believe that they hit target from 1000 Kilometers with accuracy??? 

Why not? GNSS really changed a lot.

Back then accuracy sucked because of imprecise INS navigation and limited radar ground lock capabilities on such missiles (missiles like Kh-22 are notorious for having a massive CEP)

With GNSS, 25m CEP at any ranges is just easy