Falcon1364

Missing Avionics and Cockpit Data Folder for USAF F-4D all versions

Hello everyone,

I have an issue with USAF F-4Ds avionics and the cockpit folder. I do not have these two folders in all USAF F-4Ds. Can anyone attack or tell me where I can get these two missing folders? Thanks a lot. 

Should all be in the cat files. Just use Mue's CAT extractor and you can get all that stuff easy. Note that I don't know which specific cat, just extract all and you'll find it, etc.

Edited by EricJ

Dont understandable. You mean defolt in the game built in F-4D? Yes you dont have. you shouldn't have them. You need to have only F-4D.INI in F-4D folder to play it. The game takes it from its resourses. Do You mean modded? Reinstall the mod.

2 hours ago, Falcon1364 said:

have an issue with USAF F-4Ds avionics and the cockpit folder. I do not have these two folders in all USAF F-4Ds. Can anyone attack or tell me where I can get these two missing folders? Thanks a lot. 

your use of serif fonts on this site is tacky. theres your attack

now the useful part, is this stock or modded? stock you wont see them, the game pulls it from the CATs

modded, it would help to say which F-4D. there are actually several out there

I am so sorry for my misspelling. I meant, " Can anyone attach or tell me where I can get these two missing folders?"

Lets say this again ....

You Don't Need Those 2 FILES (not folders!!!) Residing Within The Aircraft In Question's Main Folder. The Game Engine (tm) will Automatically Search Them Out From Whichever CAT File They Are Residing In.

That's how the game works.

If there's any other question or issue, you'll have to be a LOT more specific as to exactly what result you're seeking

On 9/19/2023 at 11:25 AM, Falcon1364 said:

Alright then. Thanks a lot for your email, Wrench. I genuinely appreciate your help. 

I'll be more specific, 'cause I was once in your shoes. When it comes to stock planes, game's engine loads usually the CATs ( game archives files that content all the files needed game to be played. They are somewhere in the installed game's folder and being an archive you need a special software, already provided in the download section, TOOLS subsection, to unzip them. If you try, you will notice that you can't unzip them all, for instance the plane's models are restricted for copyright reasons). Sometimes people change or like to change things for a stock plane (fiddling with data in dataini file, making a new paintjob etc). Usually these people are called MODDERS and you will notice, in time, that they are plenty on this website. Some are specialized in doing certain upgrades to the models, others, like Wrench know to do new terrains/maps and so on .That's why TK, the author of this game, let the possibility for the engine to load these changes as well. So the priority goes like this: First the game loads YOUR changings if you did them to a stock plane and THEN loads the rest (basic from the archives). To do things less complicated, some basic files, like avionics.ini and cockpit.ini, author thought it would be better to keep them in the archives. Now you have a clue how things partially work for this game.

In the future, when you have an issue do what Wrench suggested, be more specific with your problem. That's how you get help quickly here around;)

Don't be a stranger.

Edited by UllyB
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, UllyB said:

When it comes to stock planes, game's engine loads usually the CATs you get help quickly here around;)

Wow! When I read this, my memories took me to the first grade of elementary school to my first lesson. Mister teacher, is that you? I think I recognized you!

• Haha 1

Thank you for your message, UllyB. I genuinely appreciate your advice. Sure, I will be more specific and make sure that I contact the modders. 

• Like 1