Sign in to follow this  
Goob113870

Windows 11 and mod folder issue

I just updated to windows 11 and reinstalled my strike fighters 2 full merged in correct order. Now I go to make the Vietnam Air/Ground gold mod folder and nothing happens when running the newly renamed exe. It does not show up in the c:\ThirdWire\Saved Games location. 
i’m stumped as to what the problem can be. Anyone have issues with this happening in Windows 11.

i think I encountered this early on in win 10 also

The mods part should be in c:\users\[username]\Saved Games\ThirdWire

Edited by Gunrunner

Moved to the correct location. The original post was in the Forum for issues with the site itself, not specific game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Goob113870 said:

I just updated to windows 11 and reinstalled my strike fighters 2 full merged in correct order. Now I go to make the Vietnam Air/Ground gold mod folder and nothing happens when running the newly renamed exe. It does not show up in the c:\ThirdWire\Saved Games location. 
i’m stumped as to what the problem can be. Anyone have issues with this happening in Windows 11.

i think I encountered this early on in win 10 also

Make sure you have something similar. I use the Strike Fighter Israel 2 as default "game" and interface. Click on the attached picture to zoom in.

Untitled.png

Edited by UllyB
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, UllyB said:

Click on the attached picture to zoom in.

you are very rich with Local Disks . Rich man.:biggrin:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, UllyB said:

Make sure you have something similar. I use the Strike Fighter Israel 2 as default "game" and interface. Click on the attached picture to zoom in.

Untitled.png

That pretty much looks like what I have every time I  do a merged install of SF2,Vietnam,Europe,Israel,Exp1,Exp2 & North Atlantic.

my problem now is say I want to do the Mod wings over Korea and I follow the steps to make a duplicate copy of the .Exe and .ini and rename them to proper mod name and run the Exe so that it makes a mod folder in the Users/Saved Games, nothing happens now.

20 hours ago, bazillius said:

you are very rich with Local Disks . Rich man.:biggrin:

They are fake just to induce envy into members ;) LOL

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Goob113870 said:

That pretty much looks like what I have every time I  do a merged install of SF2,Vietnam,Europe,Israel,Exp1,Exp2 & North Atlantic.

my problem now is say I want to do the Mod wings over Korea and I follow the steps to make a duplicate copy of the .Exe and .ini and rename them to proper mod name and run the Exe so that it makes a mod folder in the Users/Saved Games, nothing happens now.

I am not familiar with the mod you are talking about. This what I suggest you to do:

- read carefully ALL that modder who made the mod says there.

- don't hesitate to contact, via PM, the author of the mod, to give you suplementary explanations if you feel you need them

Usually these mods just tap into some new or modified terrain and they did that on a (modified) stock map. The common problem is often the path to that exe file. If it is wrong , them the game won't know what "executable" to start, taking into account that the mod was tested and it works as it should.

Wrench is Maitre extraordinaire (I love this title LOL) du terrains, so your best bet is to approach him and ask for help on the matter on hand. If he is not busy and you catch him in a good mood (a very important condition LOL) he might explain to you, after taking a look to the files (smacking you around a bit too), what is really happening there. But if he's not in a good mood, well...if I were you I would run as far and as fast as I can LOL

However the situation he will help you eventually so I would keep the spirits high on this one. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Am I really that bad??? :biggrin:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, UllyB said:

I am not familiar with the mod you are talking about. This what I suggest you to do:

- read carefully ALL that modder who made the mod says there.

- don't hesitate to contact, via PM, the author of the mod, to give you suplementary explanations if you feel you need them

Usually these mods just tap into some new or modified terrain and they did that on a (modified) stock map. The common problem is often the path to that exe file. If it is wrong , them the game won't know what "executable" to start, taking into account that the mod was tested and it works as it should.

Wrench is Maitre extraordinaire (I love this title LOL) du terrains, so your best bet is to approach him and ask for help on the matter on hand. If he is not busy and you catch him in a good mood (a very important condition LOL) he might explain to you, after taking a look to the files (smacking you around a bit too), what is really happening there. But if he's not in a good mood, well...if I were you I would run as far and as fast as I can LOL

However the situation he will help you eventually so I would keep the spirits high on this one. :)

Thank you for your advice. I figured out what I was doing wrong by going back and reading the instructions thoroughly. Now I have a bad to the bones SF2 & all the mods to go with it. Thank you again.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Wrench said:

Well, maybe not as much as you should LOL

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Wrench said:

i've seen your reading list on FB

yes, yes you are :lol:

• Haha 2

Wait until you see the comment I posted about Princess Peach from the latest Super Mario Bros movie.

ah, huh!!!! hubba hubbbAAA!!!!

• Haha 2