Sign in to follow this  
TheStig

What Terrains have USMC Carriers / LHDs

Hi,

I'm building out my SF2 more now and am looking for terrains where the USMC can have carriers as starting points.  I have LHAs and LHDs in my ground objects folder.  However, when I use an AV-8B harrier on naval maps, there are no USMC carriers to spawn on.

Any recommendations for terrains that have USMC carriers?

Thanks!

No terrain has an LHD/LHA or whatnot on the terrain itself. You'll have to manually place it and fly off of that and maybe you can take off from one if you set it up right through the MIssion Editor. If you don't have it, then you're pretty much taking off from land bases.

Posted (edited)

Thank you Eric for the quick response!  I will have to figure out how to add ships to maps.  Still new at this after all these years...

And, I definitely don't have the mission editor.

Edited by TheStig

9 minutes ago, TheStig said:

And, I definitely don't have the mission editor.

Everybody has the missiaon editor.

img00001.jpg

The Mission Editor is a DLC, not something that comes with SF2 from the downloads. If you get SF2: Complete you get the Mission Editor. Anyway, you're looking at taking off from land bases TheStig, unless you shell out 100 bucks for SF2: Complete.

its available in the Expansion Pack 2 as well as being a DLC

so everyone that is running 5+2 full merge installs (ie most of the modders who've been around 5+ years) does in fact have it. anyone with just one or two of the series wont have it without EXP2 or the DLC

to answer the original question, SF2NA (North Atlantic) features teh LHA-1 and LPD-1 as stock ships.

but to actually operate off of your best getting something from teh download section iirc

basically, USMC does not spontaneous generate as a CV based unit. They are NOT normally carrier based in-game*. You can choose them for single action missions, but for campaigns they'll have to be assigned to said carrier (think of Korea, where 2 squadrons of Corsairs were assigned to one of the CVLs). That having been said, USMC MUST be in Nations ini for said terrain. Weither or not they'll spawn of the "L" series boats is guesswork. And those would only be Harriers and/or helos. They  WILL however, spawn on regular CV/CVA/CVNs.

Off the top of my head, terrains that have USMC in the nations list:

Korea3, NAfrica, Lybia, DBS, Formosa, the stock IcelandNA, NorthCape, Panama, Persian Gulf and others (I should know -- I worked on all of them). And of course, the PTO WW2 maps (duh!!!)

*fly a single misssion off the boat in a MC bird, and see what the parked aircraft are

• Like 1

Kuril islands terrain and Faroe terrain have USMC in nation list too. In Faroe you must look in the folder goodies, there you find some nations inis with diffrent friend or foe setting, including USMC vs Soviet.

• Like 1

Got it working in Persian Gulf!  Perfect spot to use Harriers.  Thanks!

• Like 2