Is it possible to spawn on a taxiway, rather than a runway? I've been testing the Yankee Air Pirate mod for a bit.. the briefings say the F-100D spawns on the apron, before taxing to the runway.. But when I spawn in, it automatically moves to the runway? Am I supposed to only use the F-100D for missions? Or, did I do something wrong?

Thanks! :)

Forgot to say as well, some aircraft with the YAP pack doesn't show up. A-6 included.. and an A-1 skyraider. Please help with this :(

Moved to the correct Forum. You'll find you get quicker and better answers if when asking about a specific game, you post in that game's Forum

The games from Thirdwire never spawned on the apron, you always spawn on the runway. If you're doing a video you can taxi to the spot you want to start on the airfield (if you're flying solo) and can "start" from there, but you can't select a different spot to spawn, unlike DCS and other flight sims.

Yap 1 did allow you to start from taxi and hangars in Wings Over Vietnam iirc - like 18 years ago.

TK maybe changed the code so that no longer worked. There were later versions of yap that may have worked but you would have to speak to those guys if they are still about.

Where can I message them? I downloaded them from YAP's website..

Edited by omegaeleven

Copy that.. I just noticed it after I watched a Youtuber play the mod, "Devin Horner" if you want to check it out.

4 hours ago, MigBuster said:

Yap 1 did allow you to start from taxi and hangars in Wings Over Vietnam iirc - like 18 years ago.

TK maybe changed the code so that no longer worked. There were later versions of yap that may have worked but you would have to speak to those guys if they are still about.

About the code, could the average player change the script?

Different question, how can I fix the A-6 variants not being shown in the mission and campaign sections?

18 minutes ago, omegaeleven said:

Different question, how can I fix the A-6 variants not being shown in the mission and campaign sections?

They need a working cockpit assigned in their datafile.

Cheers

the cockpit is in the file thing.. how can I add it into the mod folder?

(p.s real sorry if I keep asking too many questions)

1 hour ago, omegaeleven said:

About the code, could the average player change the script?

If it needs the source code changing then nope.

2 hours ago, omegaeleven said:

Copy that.. I just noticed it after I watched a Youtuber play the mod, "Devin Horner" if you want to check it out.

Yeah he's cool, I binged most of his videos

Yeah, his vids are pretty nice.. kinda my inspiration for becoming an aviation channel lol.

6 hours ago, MigBuster said:

There were later versions of yap that may have worked but you would have to speak to those guys if they are still about.

the original guys are not.

there is a team reworking it though, if apron park is viable they'd be the ones to figure it out

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10159487792952484&set=p.10159487792952484

• Like 1

It has been discussed already in the past, the start from ramp is an incomplete feature from SF1, it never got implemented properly. It can be made to work for the player only by manually editing mission files, but it won't work for the AI aircraft:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, omegaeleven said:

1 hour ago, Muesli said:

They need a working cockpit assigned in their datafile.

Cheers

you may or may not find something in there

Thanks so much! I'll test this out when I'm not busy :)

Very helpful community you guys are!

1 minute ago, daddyairplanes said:

you may or may not find something in there

I noticed a cockpit file, didn't really know what to do with it so I left it alone, I'll add it in as soon as I can.